• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

I've only caught the Red Gyrados, although I do have the Pikachu-colored Pichu.

My first was a shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby.

Aside from the GSC Red Gyarados...

A Red Gyarados in Pearl (which I have since lost)

Of course not including the Red Gyarados from G/S/C, my first was a Solosis that I traded for. Lame, I know.

My first shint was a golbat in emerald. I didn't realize cuz i was a n00b back then.

First (and, so far, only) shiny was a shiny Tauros.
Found it in SoulSilver, in the tall grass outside the safari zone entrance. And I wasn't even trying to look for one.

To me, the shiny red Gyarados dosen't count, nor do the shiny Legendary event beasts that we got a while ago.

Not that any of those were my actual first shinies.

I got my first one in Green. It was a beedrill. A Stupid beedrill with ugly blue eyes. I still have it....but bug pokemon are sooo gross

Mine was shiny ratatta of all the possible things that day. At least it was an easy catch.

The red Gyarados and a Pidgey.

I almost got a shiny Wooper, once, but it got away.

Apart the Red Gyarados from SoulSilver, my first shiny was a Staravia in Platinum.

The only other I've encounter so far is a shiny Tentacruel in Diamond that I managed to catch.

In February 2006, I found a shiny Slugma on the Spinda route in Emerald. After that, I found out about shinies and looked through my boxes on all my games to see if I had any, and I found a shiny Electrode boxed up in Ruby! :D I had no idea that I had one, and I don't ever recall catching it. I probably got it around 2003 in my play through Ruby, "lol."

I feel lucky, because I caught my first shiny, a Venonat (now level 100 and EV-trained), only a few months after I started playing.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom