• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

My first was,of course, the red gyarados. Then when saphire came out, I caught a shiny numel and in leaf green I caught a shiny duduo

Aside from the obvious Red Gyarados.

My first legit Shiny was completely on accident. I didn't even know it was Shiny until I just so happened to glance at it. I had just been capturing random Zigzagoon left and right on Sapphire, because I was going to use them as trading fodder for Emerald and release them later, but as I was looking at their summaries one day, I noticed one of the Zigzagoon looked alot lighter than the others. So on a whim, I sent her to Emerald, it was there I saw the star and was like, oh crap this one is a shiny! I later nicknamed her Ayaka and leveled her up now she's a Shiny Linoone in Pearl.

My first shiny was a Shiny Ditto that I was chaining in Diamond. Accidentally kept in my Rayquaza instead of switching.

First Shiny that I caught was the Gyarados.

hahaha, Wurmple, Violet Wurmple. That thingy thing, My computer has some monitor problems but I can tell, it SPARKLES. :DD

I remember in my Sapphire I was hunting for a Shroomish.I had already caught a Ralts..I just wanted a Shroomish.He was my favorite pokemon at the time.

So I'm running in the grass,trying to catch Shroomishes,but no luck.
Then another Zigzagzoon appears.
"Again?I'll just ru-"
DING-DING!
"OH MY GOD!"
It was shiny.I didnt even belive it.I was freaking out.
One problem.My starter,Combusken,had evo'd from a Torchic was too high leveled for it!One hit?POW!Dead!
So I look through my party.
Surskit was the poke I had JUST caught before hunting,and it was weak enough.
I used Bubble to lower Zigzagzoon's health to about yellow,and took no chances and threw the Great Ball you get for saving the Goods.
Gotcha!Zigzagzoon was cau-"YES!!YES!YEAAHHH!"
Zigzagzoon then became a Linoone and was a bro on my team.He picked up stuff like no tommorow.
He wasnt that bad in the E4.Did pretty good damage overall.
Linoone is still on my Platinum game.Once I find it I'm transfering it to White.
Linoone deserves to pick more things up...
and a spot at the Elite 4.

Actully that should be my WHOLE team.

My first Shiny Pokémon was a shiny riolu. I got the shiny when it hatched. I really wanted a Riolu and there it was... THE GOLDEN RIOLU. I trained it till it was a Lucario and now it's called golden aura. It hatched in Canalave City. Now it's a massive level 100 Lucario!

Last edited:
If that was the egg you get from Riley, shit's some insane luck, and actually merits the thousands of steps you have to walk through to hatch one. I had to do it the hard way because I didn't have any Flame Body'ers, but mine was just a dinky little blue Riolu. Didn't even bother to evolve it.

the first wild shiny i encountered was in gen 4 (platinum) on victory road where i encountered in one day not one, but 2 shinies, a shiny Machoke and a Shiny Medicham. and i caught them both. (i cant remember which one came first)

my first shiny was a Raticate on Silver. It was on Route 38. Serebii says the only possible levels are 16 but I swear I remember encountering the shiny rat at lv. 17, but that's a minor detail. me being the picky kid I was, I was so disgusted that my first shiny was a Raticate that instead of capturing it, I killed the rat to teach the digital gods a lesson in trolling me with such bullspit XD

Now, the first shiny I caught (not Red Gyrados or Odd egg) was a shiny Banette on Sapphire in Sky Pillar

Giratina : Continuous soft resets : Took two days. It was totally worth it though considering he's my favorite of the creation trio.

My first official shiny is a Clefairy in Pokemon Black, who appeared out of nowhere in Giant Chasm, I didn't reacted at first but when it sunk in that I just encountered a Shiny, I was happy, especially since it was on my birthday.

My first shiny was Geodude from Gold version, which I barely can recognize the colour.. My sister and I were so amazed with the sparkle that time.. XD Then followed by..
Sapphire - Wingull
Diamond - Barboach, Dratini
Black - Gothic, Audino (my friend found it in my game, so isn't mine actually DX)

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

My ever first wild Shiny Pokemon was a Glameow I came across on a route in between Lake Verity and Sunyshore City, I caught it and nicknamed it Shiny-Meow!

Back in February of this year, I was looking for shinies on Route 29 in SoulSilver. After about two weeks of searching, I found myself a shiny Hoothoot and was ecstatic.

I've only ever had 2 shiny pokemon (other than red gyarados) despite spending HOURS hunting for them in FR/LG and not finding any. However, as soon as I got SoulSilver, I caught two pokemon in as many days (a blue Gastly from Sprout Tower and shiny Slowpoke from Slowpoke Well respectively). :D

My first and only shiny was a Spinarak in Gold when I was a little boy. Everyone I knew said my Spinarak wasn't nearly as cool as their Red Gyarados, which wasn't a real shiny. I didn't care though, because that Spinarak was my bro and we defeated the E4 together.

My first random encounter Shiny was a Shiny Remoraid in Pokémon Emerald, which I found in the post-story Safari Zone area. I felt extremely lucky, catching it.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom