• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

My first shiny was the red Gyarados, but then in fire red i bumped into a shiny Pidgey and missed out on catching it, then in soul silver i caught a purple drowzee right near the daycare and evolves it into a Hypno. My last and most recent Pokemon in my Japanese Pokemon black 2 caught a shiny Metang using my master ball and evolved that into a Metagross

Well, techinally, like a lot of people here, my first was the Red Gyarados in Gold. But, if I was to go on my first completely natural, non-scripted shiny encounter, I would say it was a Shiny Pinsir in Pokemon Pearl.

Aside from the Gyarados everyone caught, My Shiny was a Shinx in Pokemon pearl, found the day i bought the game, Named it Sparks, its still remains in my team today as a Luxray

My first shiny was a Spinarak in Crystal. I was eight and did not know better so I used a Master Ball.

I've played Pokemon for as long as I can remember and I had never (excluding the Gyrados) run into any Shiny Pokemon until this year, when, on a flight back from Lanzarote, I was level-grinding on SoulSilver and ran into a Shiny Ursaring! It's pretty hard to miss seeing as it's Green! It's the only wild shiny I've ever encountered and I'll probably trade it for a cloned rare legendary (Mew, Celebi etc) at some point.

First wild shiny encountered: Hariyama in Ruby. The bugger used Whirlwind before I could catch it.
First wild shiny caught: Rattata in SoulSilver. Top percentage achieved.

Prior to that one, though, I had successfully chained some shiny Skitty in Diamond.

I can't remember which was my first but I tend to be luckier with shinies than most people. Here are the ones I've caught

Floatzle:Caught in victory road in diamond, i was with marley so i was scared she would kill it but i got it in time.

Geodude:Victory road in leafgreen, I had actually gone back in to train before the elite four, i was pissed too because I let a marowak get away but then it popped up and that feeling went away

Kyurem:Giant chasm in black, zero soft resetting, I almost had a heart attack when it showed up.

And of course that red gyrados nearly everyone else has so it's pretty much as rare as any other gyrados

Other than the Gyarados I had a shiny Koffing in Silver that I found in Team Rocket's HQ, next was a Tentacool in Ruby while surfing then a Mareep in SoulSilver on the route below Violet City, so far none in Gen V.

linoone

Route in Gen 3 with the daycare on it

good thing I was young and stupid so i caught it in a cheated masterball :I
Next Shine wasn't until White when i got a slightly lighter yellow Emolga, I may not like it but i still wish I hadn't traded it to my friend
then a shiny Yanma in HG/SS a couple months ago

Other than the red gyrados, my first shiny was in gold. A pink wooper popped out of nowhere. I thought it was a glitch or something, since I never thought of checking online. I think that gold's internal battery died ):

Other than that, I got a shiny machamp and conkeldurr off the GTS. I doubt they're legit, but I'm going to pretend they are!

When I was training my marshtomp in the patches of grass between Mauville and Verdanturf City (in Ruby), I found a shiny roselia. Don't have a good memory of this, but I think it was red.

My first shiny (besides Gyarados) was a Shuppet in Sapphire. I wasn't so sure what it was, but I caught it because... well, it was blue so it looked special. :p I encountered it right near Lilycove City on the route between Fortree and Lilycove.

Rattata in HG in the patch of grass south of Goldenrod City. This little baby got me a Gabite with fire blast and outrage on the GTS, made me pretty happy :D

Funny though, despite my years of playing pokémon I only encountered 3 wild shiny pokémon: Rattata in HG, Banette in Diamond and Magnemite in HG.

In Pokemon Gold I encountered a shiny Golduck in Mt. Silver. I didn't even know Pokemon other than the red Gyarados came in shiny so I nearly crapped myself.

I also got a shiny Zubat in Crystal after scouring Dark Cave for Dunsparces when there wasn't a swarm on.

I haven't had a shiny since Gen II =(

The Red Gyrados in the original Gold. First and only. Dead serious. I have been playing Pokemon since Gen I, okay, every game, and not one random shiny have I found. I didn't put a ton of hours into any game except the original Gold (but keep in mind the chance for a shiny has always been statistically the same). I put at least 400 hours into that game when it came out. I caught all 250 Pokemon (I had no means to cheat for a Celebi and this was before literally everyone had Internet too look the egg glitch up). I leveled six legendaries to 100. I leveled up everything else to evolve. Not one. Single. Shiny. Encounter.
Not one shiny when I beat Emerald.
Not one when I beat Platinum.
Not one when I beat HG.
Not one in either version of Black.
There is no PokeGod (There is no Arceus?)

First one was the shiny Gyardos in Silver or Gold. I did run into another two in the wild, can't remember what they were but I know they were nothing special

Other than the Red Gyarados in Pokemon Silver, the first random shiny that I had ever encountered was a Shiny Exeggcute in the Safari Zone in Pokemon Firered version; however it fled and ran away sadly :( But the first shiny that I actually caught was a shiny venonat that was also found in the safari zone in Firered version.

I found a shiny Whismur in Ruby years ago. And right in the beginning of White within like a day of buying it I found a shiny Purrloin. I was so happy.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom