• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Red Gyarados. Followed by the Black Tower Gible.

I've played every generation and never found a shiny via breeding or battling, because I'm about as unlucky as can be when it comes to things involving RNG.

Discounting the Gyarados, mine was a Tentacool on Johto Rt 41. Didn't bother capturing it. Interestingly, I got a natural (that is, not traded-in) Pokerus a couple of days before then.

My first shiny was technically an Eevee traded to me, but the first one I actually encountered in the wild was a shiny Croagunk that I got with the Pokeradar a day ago. I was so surprised when I saw the shiny grass and then out came a shiny!

My first was a Shiny Sharpedo in Pokemon Emerald. I fished it up at the ocean route right next to Pacifilog Town. Another one was a shiny Kakuna in Leafgreen, found it at the Sevii Islands. I was about to run from it before I noticed its sparkly green tint. Also found a Flaaffy on the route that led to the Lake of Rage in Soulsilver, but I ran out of Pokeballs. Worst gaming moment of my life...

Spinda in Gen 3, when I was like 11. I definitely didn't expect it. Not the most glamorous shiny imo, but it was still very cool to me.

Minus guaranteed shinies?
It was like three weeks ago. I was chain fishing in Azure Bay, hoping to get my first shiny. After maybe 3 catches I get a shiny Octillery. I was just like, "yes... yes... holy crap yes..." I probably would have yelled for joy had I not been in my Biology class. Lol
Named it "Redemption".

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

A Nidorina (or it was a Nidoran F?) back in Silver. That's how I learned about the existence of shinies in the first place.

A Zubat in Diamond. I didn't know what a shiny was at the time because I was new to the franchise so I thought "wow, that looks different from the other Zubats I've seen, I'll catch it!" Too bad I lost the cartridge :(

Also, I'd just like to say that hacking to get a shiny completely ruins the GTS and the game in general. Finding a shiny should be either a completely random, awesome thing or something you worked a long time to get(Masuda method). Please stop hacking in shinies everyone!

My first was a Phanpy, captured south of Blackthorn City in Silver. As I was playing on a black-and-white Gameboy, I had no idea that it was coloured differently and just thought the sparkle effect was a glitch.

The first shiny I actually caught was a Zubat in Emerald in Shoal Cave. I saw some other shinies before, but thought they were glitches and other bullcrap. Finally, I decided to catch this one since I knew more about shinies at the time. Sadly, I don't have that Golbat (I evolved it) anymore due to some stupidity I had.

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

My first shiny was in Platinum, I was EV training the old fashion way for Sp and BAM blue Ponyta pops up and I damn near shit myself. Still one of the best shinies ever. Then I Evolved it to Rapidash :(

Hah, so Pokemon Y is actually the first Pokemon game I've played since my Blue version... so I had no idea that shiny Pokemon were a thing. I was walking around Route 10 trying to get some more Eevees to evolve, and I ran into this Emolga that looked different than normal. I thought "wow, it looks cute in these colours, I'll catch it!" so tossed out an ultra ball. Named her Chocolate. Went to look it up online and found out about shinies... hoooly crap I'm so glad I decided to catch it! My second shiny was through a Wonder Trade. I got through this Pokemon that I had never heard of before (which is pretty common for me, makes this game extra fun!). It was called Metagross and was level 99. It wasn't until I looked it up on Bulbapedia that I realised its normal colours aren't silver and gold! It also had Pokerus, which again I had no idea about until I read it. I still don't know if the person who gave it to me did it by mistake or what... but what a cool second shiny!

I actually think mine was a Rattata on Soul Silver, which is odd considering how many hours I put into Silver. I almost never Fly on the games, so I was heading up Route 34 when one of the random encounters happened to be a Rattata. Good job I always kept my Bella with her Sleep Powder on me

I seem to have a knack for finding shiny brownish pokémon. Rattata, Graveler, Weedle, Caterpie ...

What was your first shiny?

My first ever was a trapinch in sapphire, and recently I got a shiny clawitzer.:ksmile:

The first shiny I ever found was a Spheal in Ruby. I thought it was a glitch and turned off the game. I was 8, haha. The first one I ever actually caught was a Starly, using the Poke radar. I was pretty excited!

I found a shiny Charmeleon by ACCIDENT in the Friend Safari. wasn't really paying attention, and looked back JUST AS it sparkled. now it's a WICKED COOL black Charizard. no Hidden Ability, but who cares? I caught it with ONE Ultra Ball. then I did a victory dance. I've always wanted my VERY OWN black Charizard, and now I have one! :)

Shiny Swellow in Ruby. i found it completely by accident and didn't notice until i saw stars come out of it. i was startled, but still caught it. and i'm certain it had Pokerus too. :/

Gastley in the ghost tower in pokemon pearl while I was EV training. I screamed out loud.

Since I don't count guaranteed shinies like the Red Gyarados, shiny Dratini from Benga in White 2, or the Nature Preserve Haxorus; nor any shinies I've received from trades, regardless of whether they were random/soft-reset shinies from their original games or event shinies; nor event shinies, I've gone the entire franchise since they were introduced without even encountering a wild shiny Pokemon once until last night. Facing Psyduck hordes on Route 7 to EV train my Shaymin in special attack, and not even looking, I switch out to Mewtwo to 'quake em. I look up at the top screen, and right there, in the middle of those five expressionless faces, one blue instead of yellow. I was barely able to not get loud at finding it (think of Chuggaaconroy finding a shiny Koffing in his Crystal let's play), and switched to using Aura Sphere to KO them one at a time before I started chucking Poke Balls at it at full health. First one, a Luxury Ball (didn't want a standard one here), failed, but the second, an Ultra Ball, nabbed it.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom