• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

First non Gyarados was a Chinchou in hearthgold, got extremely excited, was so hard to not show, but sitting in my fathers living room I kinda had to, if he had seen his 22 years old son flipping out over a videogame he would think I was crazy

Few in games hours later I found a shiny Shuckle, just smashing rocks to find heart scales, that Pokémon game must have been blessed

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

I found a shiny zubat in platinum. Transferred it to black and forgot about it and reset my data

I had a copy of Ruby I bought on clearance after I played through Emerald. I didn't get far, but I found a shiny Cascoon. It was the first shiny I'd ever found, and I never finished playing through that game.

The second was a Gulpin I found while farming leftovers.

My first shiny was in FireRed. I had no idea what a shiny was, but I was one of those little kids who threw a Pokéball at everything they saw that they didn't have. Well when I was heading to Mt. Moon, I ran into a male Nidoran, and it was shiny. All my little self knew was one, I don't have that, two, it's adorable, and three, it had STARS. So. I weakened it and successfully caught it, and never used it at all, when years later as I was transferring FireRed Pokémon to Pearl I believe, I saw it and said "OH MY GOSH I HAVE A SHINY POKÉMON!!!"

Well, I was trying out the fishing method for finding shinies in XY, and after three days (I had holidays and nothing to do...) I finally encountered a shiny Shellder. I was really surprised as I didn't believe that I would ever have the luck to find a shiny, even when using this method.

My first shiny was a Bronzor, randomly encountered in Diamond. The one Pokémon I hate in that game, and I find a shiny of it.

I don't think I have it anymore though, I think I restarted it without transferring it to an other game.

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

Mine was a Zubat in Platinum. I don't remember the exact cave and I forgot about it and reset the game later... terrible day

My first shiny was a Zubat in Gold. I encountered it in Ilex Forest. I evolved it all the way into a Crobat, but I can't remember what wound up happening to it; I think I lost it when I restarted my save file in Gold and didn't have access to a link cable at the time.

That was the first and only shiny I ever randomly encountered in the wild until I started playing X version around a year ago.

My first shiny other than the event shinies and the automatic in-games (like Red Gyarados and the shiny Espeon in the Battle Tower in Leaf Green/Fire Red) was a shiny Electrike on my Sapphire. To this day, it's still my favorite shiny.

I was running around that swamp route in Kalos minding my own business when oh a wild Pokemon appeared I wonder if it will be OMG HOLY CRAP A SHINY QUAGSIRE!!!!!!

Not counting Red Gyrados and a shiny Tyrogue from Blaze Black 2 (since it's a hack), first shiny would be in Omega Ruby.
Shiny Gulpin.

My first random shiny in ages was a Shuppet I stumbled across while running towards my Secret Base in Omega Ruby. Most of the shinies I've gotten were "planned out"--found in a Friend Safari or bred via Masuda--so to find this little guy was quite the surprise. That hasn't happened to me since the days of LeafGreen. I do not kid.

I played Pokemon games on consoles since the time Diamond and Pearl were released (before that my playing methods were questionable - but I got a shiny Butterfree haha). Anyway, because I've been very unlucky with shinies, I got my first one in games in Y when I tried to breed a Froakie.

I was like "wait... what... why is this... Froakie... brighter?" *then starts yelling out loud probably breaking my neighbors' ears too* Also, shiny Greninja looks badass!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom