• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Growlithe. Platinum. Had the unbelievable worst luck ever and had not seen another one before then, even when my girl got a shiny wurmple on emereld AND then a shiny makuhita, on ruby. Loved that growlithe. Raised it to an arcanine, raised to lvl 100. Leant it my friend so he could use it to quick train some pokemon, you know how it is. Found out he'd restarted his pokemon game with my shiny arcanine on it. I still haven't forgiven him.

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

Koffing in Crystal years back. I recently went back to that save file, it was one level away from learning explosion/self destruct... (one of them)

First shiny for me was back in original Pokemon Gold days - I was failing at my hunt for shiny Entei and decided I would just keep running into random encounters on Mt. Silver instead to level up my pokemon. This took a while as the level cap in the original games was horrible... And eventually got me my first shiny - a ponyta. I freaked out ha ha ha!

I had just started my Pokemon Y journey, after acquiring Pokeballs. I decided to catch a Fletchling and a Bunnelby. I walked into the grass, and I battled some Pokemon and caught a Fletchling. Just as I was about to leave, BAM! A shiny Bunnelby on Route 1. I caught it!

My very first Shiny was the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage in my Silver game.

Gyarados (in Gold). If "static" Shinies doesn't count, the only wild shiny I got was a metapod (also in Gold), if I'm not mistaken... :conangry:

Looking at all of these previous posts makes me feel really lucky. My first shiny was a non Masuda method Eevee in White. It was the fourth one I hatched.

Since then I've picked up a shiny geodude, the shiny gyarados in SS, a shiny pikachu, and just last night a shiny Munna in someone's safari. All in Y, except the gyarados.

I hatched a Shiny 4iv Sableye in Pokemon X... My only shiny, not counting trades and the Red Gyarados.

My first shiny is a shiny Medidite. I found it in my Platinum game, and I didn't use any method. Just luckiness. Second, a shiny Medicham, which I evolved my shiny Meditite. Third is a Red Gyarados, part of the storyline of HGSS. Then fourth is a shiny Dratini, from Benga. Fifth is Dragonair, sixth is Dragonite evolving from Dratini and Dragonair. My reaction to my first shiny is, like, "What the hell is that?!". Because it is like a special Pokémon, I catched it. I still don't know about shinies until I found about it a year after the event.

Got my first shiny through the Wonder Trade three weeks ago, kind of exciting, but I have never been a Shiny lover, well except for Gardevoir. If I could get my hands on a 6 IV, Female, Modest SHINY Gardevoir I think I would die from excitement. Anyway the shiny I got from the WT got me Groudon, so I am happy.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom