• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first videogame

Status
Not open for further replies.

LauriJ

Reaction score
Wanna know my first videogame? Well, I vaguely remember it being the first Super Mario Bros. for the NES. That or something from PlayStation...

The first video game that I played was probably Super Mario World on my dad's SNES. I would've been in preschool then, or thereabout? I wasn't very good at it, but I remember playing it a lot and usually getting stuck on one of the Ghost Houses or the Forest of Illusion. That eventually led to my dad getting Super Mario Kart for us to play together... at least until he realized how it made him motion sick haha.

I also have early memories of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on my aunt's Sega Genesis. At least, I think it was 3 rather than 2 since I vaguely remember the burning Angel Island and I always liked to play as Tails because I thought he was cute.

I was like three when the NES came into existance. Since my aunt got my older cousin one, and he and I used to spend a lot of time together, dad got me one too. I don't know if they came with the system or what but the only games I had for it were Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros. Being a teeny tiny kid I wasn't very good at them, but I do remember cheating at Duck Hunt a lot by getting up close and personal with the telly (i.e., holding the gun right up against the screen). ^<__<^;;

Well, my first game was probably something like Pac-Man on an arcade machine. I do remember getting a handheld Tetris machine when I was in preschool, and shortly afterward I received a Game Boy Advance - my first ever game console (I feel young). A couple of games I remember having on it were Super Mario World, something Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles related, and Duke Nukem Advance, of all things. Before that, I used to watch my mother play all sorts of RPGs on the PS2 and GameCube - the Wild ARMs and Atelier series are ones I can distinctly remember.

My first game was Pokemon Red that my father gave me, I also remember playing a Mario game as well that my father owned when I was younger (I'll have to ask if he remembers which one it was). I do fondly remember playing FF IV (I think it was called FFII when it was localized I believe) with my father on his SNES as well. I'll have to ask him to see if he remembers what others games we played. As for my first Playstation games they were Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot.

Pretty sure my first video game was Pokemon Red. I remember having a difficult time getting through the game since I had no idea what I was doing back then. =w=;

Mine was Pokemon Yellow. I got it when I was seven years old, and I still have that cartridge (which still works, surprisingly enough). I only recently completed it, though, because back then I didn't understand what I was doing or the complexities behind video games.

My first video game was either Super Mario 64 or Pokémon Yellow (probably the latter, but it's close). I received both - along with their respective consoles - when I was around six or seven years old. Like some of you, I really had no idea what I was doing for a while, although the strategy guides that I also received with both games helped a lot (and were pretty fun to read by themselves... especially skipping to the back to spoil the endings!). I still have the old saves from Super Mario 64 intact after all of this time, but the ones from Yellow - being battery-powered - were unfortunately not so lucky.

On a side note: it's really great that a lot of you have parents that like video games as much as you do. Me, on the other hand... :LOL:

Mine was GTA Liberty city for the PSP.... I was 6 or 7 years old then. By elder brother broke both the PSP and the game...

The first video game I was exposed was Prince of Persia, but I mainly watched my sister play.

So I would say that the first video game which was actually mine was Get Ready for School, Charlie Brown! It was an educational game, but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun.

the first game I remember hearing, but never got the chance to play was pong game on the Atari

The first actual game I played was Super Mario World for the SNES
wish I could play it again on the SNES, but it stayed in California when my grandma and I moved to Seattle in 1996, never saw it again

The first game I bought with my own money was Pokemon Black when it first came out

Super Nintendo 64 was standard as a first issue for middle class children, its omnipresence was hard to ignore but I was alert to an PC game called "Civilization" which came out independently in an opportunity. Currently waiting to encounter my childhood again.

The super Mario Bros/duck hunt that came with the nes

It could've been any number of games my grandfather let me play on his old computer, but I believe Mixed-Up Mother Goose was the first that I had played. It was this game that first taught me many classic Nursery Rhymes. :LOL:

The first game I remember playing was from the Crash Bandicoot series (I think it was Crash Bandicoot Warped but I'm not entirely sure). The first game I owned was an Italian cartridge of Pokemon Blue given to me by a cousin

Mortal Kombat. I was three years old. We were playing it at daycare. I don't quite remember which one it was, but I do remember it was on the Nintendo 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom