• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Your "FUUUU!" moments.

It took me forever to find any Shiny Turtwing today. When I found one, I was so happy, but I accidentally pressed the run away button as opposed to taking a picture of it to make sure that it didn't run away. I was in my Dad's car, so I couldn't just go back for it. It was right inside a park we were going to walk through anyway, so I thought that I could just easily find it again. It was already gone when I checked that area again. I did manage to catch other Shiny Turtwig before, but losing that one stung a lot. I feel a bit better about it after evolving a couple of them and despite the challenges, it was a good outing. My Dad and I even found a new park that we could walk Clancy in, but now I really hope that I'll be able to find another Shiny Turtwig to help make up for that.

I was also really frustrated with the eggs I got during Community Day. I thought that the two kilometer eggs would be far more common like the ten kilometer eggs were last month for Ralts, but I barely found any two kilometer eggs and none of the ones I found hatched into a Turtwig. It was especially frustrating given that I had a hard time finding any Shiny Turtwig and I made sure that I had plenty of room for my eggs so that I could hatch a bunch of two kilometer eggs during Community Day.

Today's FUUU moment was the announcement of Trapinch as the next community day Pokemon... how boring. I want Rhyperior with Rock Wrecker as it's community day move. Is that so much to ask for?

I was doing a Giratina raid for someone else (as well as my own 3 accounts). The other guy I play for got a 100%. Despite mine best efforts, it ran away. And mine own? Caught them with the first ball. With a pinap. :annoyedVoltorb:

Hatching a Sableye from a 10km egg today. I like Sableye, I do, it's a cool Pokemon, but I encounter them every so often in the wild anyway. At least far more common than other things I could get from a 10km egg.

'Sup?

I was in the car on the way home from an outing with family (as a passenger, of course, I don't even drive) and I got into a battle with a Rocket grunt at a stop.
It took me 4 battles to beat the fucker because his Torterra is more than twice the CP of my highest CP Pokemon, I was surprised at which of mine were able to get the job done.

So then I am entered into an encounter with a dark aura Bulbasaur but after throwing 2 Pokeballs and failing to incase it, it fucked up and kicked me out of the encounter. with an "Item can't be used right now" or some such error.

This was highly inconvenient considering I have a research obligation to capture 2 dark aura Pokemon and the last time my closest walkable stop was invaded by Team Rocket was at least a month ago before I was assigned the research!

I'm gonna be honest, I'm annoyed! I really like Bulbasaur too.

Last edited:
Did four Mewtwo raids a couple weeks ago. Won 3 of them, but failed the capture on all three. Lost the fourth one, so I didn't even get a capture attempt on that one. I'm kinda bummed out since Mewtwo is one of the last two Kanto Pokemon I need to fully complete the dex (the other one being Hitmonchan), so I'm hoping Niantic gives us another way to get it outside of EX Raids (since I know it's back in those but I don't raid enough to get invites, and on the off chance I did get an invite, I probably wouldn't be able to make it anyways).

There had been a wild Lampent by me on Monday. I'd have loved to be able to find and catch that since Chandelure is my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon, but alas it was gone before I could get near the spot.

First of all, apologies for the duplicate thread, I didn't realize this is what "FUUUU" meant.

Did four Mewtwo raids a couple weeks ago. Won 3 of them, but failed the capture on all three. Lost the fourth one, so I didn't even get a capture attempt on that one. I'm kinda bummed out since Mewtwo is one of the last two Kanto Pokemon I need to fully complete the dex (the other one being Hitmonchan), so I'm hoping Niantic gives us another way to get it outside of EX Raids (since I know it's back in those but I don't raid enough to get invites, and on the off chance I did get an invite, I probably wouldn't be able to make it anyways).

At least you've been able to win Mewtwo raids. I don't even have a chance because the raids are ghost towns around here and my Pokemon aren't fit for any above level 2.
Out of the more than ten raids I've done (and a lot of the time I'd just enter and exist for the purpose f fulfilling a research requirement), in JUST one did I have a companion and that wasn't much more successful. It was an Alolan Raichu and while the battle was won, I failed the capture.

I concur that I'd appreciate Niantic making Mewtwo available another way. I want one so much!
I Tweeted a request for it to be a special research Pokemon but no response.

I used to play and got to level 40 with a team of mewtwos and stuff, then one day I forgot my password and procrastinated on getting it back. I had to start all over from level 1 a month and a half ago (after about 2 years of not playing) and I am still at level 30 with my best pokemon as a 3013 mewtwo. :(

Thought of another just now, but hatching Tyrogue and not getting one that I can evolve into a Hitmonchan because it has the wrong highest stat. :(

At least you've been able to win Mewtwo raids. I don't even have a chance because the raids are ghost towns around here and my Pokemon aren't fit for any above level 2.
Out of the more than ten raids I've done (and a lot of the time I'd just enter and exist for the purpose f fulfilling a research requirement), in JUST one did I have a companion and that wasn't much more successful. It was an Alolan Raichu and while the battle was won, I failed the capture.

I concur that I'd appreciate Niantic making Mewtwo available another way. I want one so much!
I Tweeted a request for it to be a special research Pokemon but no response.

Yeah, a lot of the other raid legends (birds and dogs) have been available in research breakthroughs, so I'm hoping they do the same for Mewtwo one day. I'll even be happy if it's a special research Pokemon. I don't do a whole lot of raids to begin with since I work during my area's peak raid hours (evenings during the week and during the day on weekends), and by the time I get off work, a lot of the time, they've ended for the day and it's a struggle to really get a group. I pretty much mainly do them when research wants me to do them.

I used to play and got to level 40 with a team of mewtwos and stuff, then one day I forgot my password and procrastinated on getting it back. I had to start all over from level 1 a month and a half ago (after about 2 years of not playing) and I am still at level 30 with my best pokemon as a 3013 mewtwo. :(

That's still higher than my highest. I haven't even breached 3k. XP

Thought of another just now, but hatching Tyrogue and not getting one that I can evolve into a Hitmonchan because it has the wrong highest stat. :(

Yeah, a lot of the other raid legends (birds and dogs) have been available in research breakthroughs, so I'm hoping they do the same for Mewtwo one day. I'll even be happy if it's a special research Pokemon. I don't do a whole lot of raids to begin with since I work during my area's peak raid hours (evenings during the week and during the day on weekends), and by the time I get off work, a lot of the time, they've ended for the day and it's a struggle to really get a group. I pretty much mainly do them when research wants me to do them.

Admittedly, I have been unable to find a job so granted most raids I have attended both for research and a desired Pokemon have been during work/school hours but my most consistent playing window is when I walk my dogs between 3-4pm PST.
We used to walk them in the evening as a family but then my mom made it my job exclusively as part of my daily chore routine.

Honestly, while it was easier to walk the dogs in the evening because one of them isn't friendly and
  1. We have an elementary school at one end of our street and
  2. One of our parks which contains a Pokestop is quite populated,
I have more freedom to play alone as I am better able to partake in PokeStops and gyms.

Now that I've recently gotten a fitbit, however, my mom has suggested I partake in some walking sans dogs for the sake of my steps and proper exercise and I do find the prospect of utilizing this appealing.

Still wouldn't solve the raid issue though.

UPDATE:

I just returned from a trip to the grocery store and as I don't drive, I walk there.
Two of the Pokestops on that route were invaded by Team GO Rocket.
I won the first battle on the first attempt and was rewarded with a shadow Charmander but failed the damn capture WITHOUT it kicking me out.
The second one gave me a Dratini which is cool albeit with terrible IVs but damn it I REALLY wanted that Charmander, even more than I did the Bulbasaur from yesterday! It would have even fulfilled one of the new research tasks I received during the trip (Purify a grass, water or fire type).
I hate that you have to use a set number of Premiere balls, I wish we could use our own but I suppose that's the point, for it to be a challenge but isn't it enough that they jump around a lot?

Last edited:
Your best mon a 3013 mewtwo at level 30? What's so bad about that? Sounds pretty good if you ask me.

You post a question on your local WhatsApp group about the missing evolve button on Nosepass only to remember that he can only evolve with a magnetic lure. Urgh.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom