• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

just had my first battle against may in Omega Ruby and won and then of course a SHINY wingull shows up after the battle and i have no poke balls because i couldn't buy them yet

I was just breeding for about 20 or so minutes for a good Pidgey that I plan to eventually use as a Mega Pidgeot. Astoundingly, I get a full 6IV one and set him in the PC and started breeding for a Weedle that shall be trained as a Mega Beedrill with him. As I'm hatching the Weedle, I have one last Pidgey Egg leftover and I go to the PC to release him since I already have the 6IV one. This makes room for me to get another Weedle Egg from the Day Care Lad. Problem is, he says my party is full. I'd sworn I just released the Pidgey and just assumed I must have went in the Pokemon Center, checked his IVs just for kicks, and just forgot to release him. Happens when you've been breeding for a while. I release the Pidgey and seconds later realize the 6IV Pidgey is not in the box. I almost on the spot flipped out; I had not been paying attention and accidentally released the wrong Pidgey. To make it worse, I'd released every one of the leftovers, not wanting to start my habit in Y of keeping ones I don't really need, leaving me with zero Pidgey and meaning I'd have to start all over again.

Thing that makes this not the single greatest blunder in my life? Though I didn't remember saving afterwards, which I tend to do, I hoped upon hope that I'd saved after hatching him and, at the very least, if I didn't, that I'd reset to a point where I still had at least one Pidgey. I reset. Found my party full of 6 Eggs and next to the Day Care Lad. I rush into the Pokemon Center, check the PC, and thank goodness, the 6IV Pidgey is, in fact, there. I moved that little sh*t into a safe box away from any breeding leftovers so damn fast...

Having an Excadrill in Mirage Cave give me so much grief when trying to catch it. Honestly, a burn, several Dusk Balls, and even a CRITICAL CAPTURE didn't bag it until the very last shred of its HP was left. I had an easier time catching Cobalion than that Excadrill. After all my hard work, I found it it had Sand Rush and a Modest Nature. *releases string of curses*

Looking for a couple hidden ability Pokemon I need for breeding on the GTS. I traded a couple of things from people who claimed they had HAs...they didn't.
I'm still HA-less for those Pokemon!

Personally, I had one last night while trying to capture Deoxys following my personal pattern of trying to stick Pokémon into Pokéballs with roughly matching color palettes... only to realise I sort of didn't have any more than three great balls. Then resetting, and having to go through the things before Deoxys again, only to end up accidentally killing it when I was attempting to debuff its defense with Rock Smash after it used Cosmic Power... Ultimately, I just had to put faith in my Mega Pinsir's Aerilate boosted False Swipes and use tons of revival items... only to accidentally kill it again. On my fourth attempt I finally got it, but aaaaaaah it was so annoying.

Looking for a couple hidden ability Pokemon I need for breeding on the GTS. I traded a couple of things from people who claimed they had HAs...they didn't.

Which Pokémon are in question, if you don't mind my asking? I might have something, and I personally expect essentially nothing in return, due to the ability to mass produce things in Gen VI via breeding.

Which Pokémon are in question, if you don't mind my asking? I might have something, and I personally expect essentially nothing in return, due to the ability to mass produce things in Gen VI via breeding.
Water Veil Floatzel, Moxie Mightyena and Sheer Force Nidoking

Trying to catch Mantyke, that has a small catch rate. Thunder Wave, False Swipe... and the son of... used Take Down.

Although the FFFFUUUU moment was literally just a moment... Take Down missed.

In the Delta Episode, I managed to catch Rayquaza on my second ultra ball! Then it threw me straight into a cutscene, battle, cutscene and straight to Deoxys, without letting me save. It struggled itself to death and I had to soft-reset, and I'm now training my team up a little more so that I can try again. So frustrating :(

About a week ago, I was going to Fortree city until the dexnav had detected a Pokemon. I slowly went up to it and found a level 36 Linone with an egg move and HA, so I went to catch it. After getting Latias to use Mistball twice to get it down to red. Instead, Linone used double edge and killed itself.....

That Stunfisk balloon in Secret Super Training. Oh dear Primus, it took me six attempts to finally nail that thing because the Pokemon I was using wasn't exactly speedy--twas a Golurk. Ugh, I had to kill the challenge so many times just to start over and try and win that stupid medal. I was so glad when I finally nailed it, as I won't be doing that ever again. >.<

Running a Choice Band Floatzel against a Frosslass with Cursed Body. Disabled my only move, so I had to Struggle against his Empoleon.
Lost that one.

I met this extremely annoying Trick Room team user, and unfortunately I had no such way to counter it.

To get to the point, I was left with my MegaMetagross facing a Suicune and a Reuniclus. My Lopunny had paralyzed the Reuniclus before fainting.

I spammed all the Earthquakes I had but they depleted very quickly. Thankfully, Reuniclus was unable to move a few times and thus unable to setup another Trick Room, allowing me to outspeed Suicune and kill it with Zen Headbutt.

Why isn't it a YES moment? Well, the Reuniclus was left, and it had Recover + Leftovers. I spammed Bullet Punch again and again and again, and it recovered again and again and again... it was endless, and we went well over 20 turns... until the opponent forfeited.

I don't want to do that ever again :/

So I found a Lvl 50 Solrock with 2 stars out of 3 in "Innate Potential". I go and try to weaken it with my Shiftry (half health, but it could still hold its own). After my 2nd attack, putting the Solrock to mid-health, the Solrock used Explosion as I had 5 HP left. My reaction :

0c8de825460bd0ff4c82b6f969fa2e1f

So, last night I told myself I would just evolve a few Pokemon before going to sleep. One of them was a Riolu, which I knew evolved through high happiness. It was holding a soothe bell, it had leveled up a lot, and I used the befriending o-power a few times, but after a whole hour of doing that Riolu still wouldn't evolve! I was getting frustrated, so I just looked it up to make sure I was doing everything right. Riolu evolves through high happiness...

... during the day.

This isn't a huge "FUUUU" moment, but a bunch of little ones as ORAS has proven to be the game in which confusion has destroyed me the most. That is all.

I'm trying to catch Mesprit and this one has avoided nine consecutive Hypnosis. Not like it's an accurate move, but 9 misses!!

EDIT: Ah, and woke up only 1 turn after Hypnosis finally landed. Dat hax. No, I'm not going to look for a Pokémon with Spore.

I'm either having the worst luck in the world, or this game has made it difficult.
Catching all the "out of game" legends (so anyone that isn't Groudon/Rayquaza/possibly Dexoys?) They have taken so long to capture, and used up so many Ultra Balls it is insane!

I get a ping from the Dex Nav that I have a rather rare Tropius in the tall grass on Route 120. So I try to sneak up on it.... and I'm ambushed by a freaking normal Tropius, ruining the encounter. I have never destroyed anything with such contempt as I did that flying banana-saur. :mad:

Tried to advance Toughness contest from Normal rank. Despite my Flygon's attempts after a stellar entrance, a certain Makuhita stole his thunder.

It HAD to go first last round.
It HAD to do a Tough move before me.
The audience meter HAD to be 4 stars before it performed.
It HAD to get a combination bonus.

...Then it HAD to win, beating my Flygon, who finished THIRD.

I really feel like pulverizing all the Makuhitas because of it.

Edit: New moment.

Ran out of balls trying to catch Registeel. Since I have not saved prior to catching it, I decided, "Whatever, I'll get it on GTS later," then KO'd it. T_T

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom