• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

I was gonna battle a friend before class on Alpha Sapphire...

But the professor showed up and we had to start class early.

Here's my most recent FUUUUU moment. In the VC Yellow (I downloaded it around midnight last night as I was having a bad case of insomnia), I was searching for a Pidgeotto in Veridian Forest. Found nothing, so I stuck with the Pidgey I had. As fate would have it, I finally ran into a Pidgeotto near the tail end of the forest, but even after paralyzing it and reducing its HP to practically nothing, it WOULDN'T STAY IN THE DAMN BALL!!! It not only exhausted my Poke Ball supply, but KOed three teammates in the process. I simply fried it out of frustration. Thank god I wasn't doing a Nuzlock run (never have, never will), or I would've lost Butterfree, Mankey, and Nidoran. But with only a 1% chance of encounter, when I did find it, it destroys half my team AND wiped out my Poke Ball supply. Haven't run into one since. I should've carried more, but I'm bit of a cheapskate in early gaming, working off freebies as much as possible before actually buying things. Sigh... why universe hate Waspinator... I mean me?

Pokemon Shuffle. Tried the Meowth stage to farm some coins and I challenged he stage with Blastoise and Ninetales.

I had forgotten that coins counted as 'obstacles', and just as I got the CCPCC (C: coin, P: pokemon) form ready for a 500, a combo triggered Blastoise's ability and two of the coins were gone.

Damn

When I played through Emerald the first time, I had a Milotic on my final team. It served me very well, all the way up to the E4 and the Champion battle. I was slogging through Wallace's pokemon when he finally let loose with his own Milotic. Before I knew it, all of my pokemon had gone down to his Milotic and I was left with only my own Milotic to face his.

Our Milotics were about the same level and had similar movesets and the battle turned into the most horrible battle of attrition I have ever experienced in Pokémon; neither of our Milotics could take down the other - it was a total stalemate. His had Surf, Ice Beam, Recover, and Toxic; mine had Surf, Ice Beam, Recover, and Refresh.

The fight felt like it lasted for at least an hour before his Milotic began to Struggle and eventually went down. That was probably the most unsatisfying win I've ever had in these games. Damn you, Wallace, and damn me for not being better prepared to take on that monstrous Milotic of yours. I never made that mistake again - I always had something that could take on his Milotic.

CynthiaLover I see your Beast Wars reference :D

Anyway, my moment? Getting trolled by a friggin' Hawlucha in X. It nearly took out my whole team and would not stay in anything I chucked at it. Eventually I decided it wasn't worth it and ran off. When I eventually caught one later on, I named it Trollbird.

You know that =#("T¤Y8#*****!! feeling when you find a shiny Graveler? ^^
Now imagine yourself failing to capture it. Guess what'll happen next?

It uses Explosion! :mad:!!
Ouch. That sucks massively. Welcome to my worst nightmare as a shiny hunter.
Here's my most recent FUUUUU moment. In the VC Yellow (I downloaded it around midnight last night as I was having a bad case of insomnia), I was searching for a Pidgeotto in Veridian Forest. Found nothing, so I stuck with the Pidgey I had. As fate would have it, I finally ran into a Pidgeotto near the tail end of the forest, but even after paralyzing it and reducing its HP to practically nothing, it WOULDN'T STAY IN THE DAMN BALL!!! It not only exhausted my Poke Ball supply, but KOed three teammates in the process. I simply fried it out of frustration. Thank god I wasn't doing a Nuzlock run (never have, never will), or I would've lost Butterfree, Mankey, and Nidoran. But with only a 1% chance of encounter, when I did find it, it destroys half my team AND wiped out my Poke Ball supply. Haven't run into one since. I should've carried more, but I'm bit of a cheapskate in early gaming, working off freebies as much as possible before actually buying things. Sigh... why universe hate Waspinator... I mean me?
Heh, I see what you did there. Good job. (And I totally read that in Scott McNeil's voice.) But Poke Balls that shake three times and break open are the reason why I have trust issues. :mad:

So I decided to try and pick up some of the event Pokemon I've been neglecting and got an Outstanding Diancie but forgot to save. Why was that a problem? I kinda went ahead and picked up the Zoroark that was waiting for me and its stats were awful. But the Diancie had such great potential that I bit the bullet and saved my game anyway.

It's not a huge problem but it's irritating nonetheless. Stupid me for forgetting something so freaking obvious. But then again, it was yesterday and I'd just been under anesthesia earlier in the day. :rolleyes:

A double FUUUUU moment this time around.

For starters, still having zero luck in the Safari Zone in Yellow. I've been unable to catch anything, and I mean ANYTHING, since last time, forcing me to SR several times in hopes of better luck. But everything is on a hair-trigger, making it next to impossible to catch anything there. Rock, bait, ball, whatever it may be, it runs on the first motion. I'm beginning to wonder how I caught anything at all in that place way back when these games first came out. I mean, come on, that place is rigged beyond compare. Event the Great Marsh functions better than this godforsaken Safari Zone. I'm almost to the point I'm about to pull out my hair in frustration.

Moving on, the burned mansion in Cinnabar Island was a brutal nightmare. Encounters every three steps, ridiculously OP bucktoothed monstrosities called Raticate, Poison Gas hitting the mark EVERY SINGLE TIME. Please wake me up from that nightmare. I must've used up more than half of my Revives and healing items just trying to find that damn key! Not to mention a Lv 47 Raticate OHKOed Pidgeot, Sandslash, Exeggcute, and Growlithe with one Hyper Fang apiece. Thank god for Pika's superior speed, as he fried that rat with a critical hit Thunderbolt. But MAN was that a rough ride. Guess that means I have to do some more grinding, but somewhere else with lower-powered Mons for the sake of my sanity. Blaine was a piece of cake compared to that place, as Vaporeon mowed him down (with some help from healing items, but you get it). I'm never stepping foot in that nightmare factory again.

I got Wonder Traded a shiny Reshiram! With 6IVs!

...all six IVs in the toilet, I mean. I'm not kidding: I'm being told that this thing has the best potential in each and every stat, but each of those stats has a freaking ZERO. I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry.

At least it's pretty.

The Steelix stage in Pokemon Shuffle is absolutely horrifying. It spawns endless blocks and Onix and it just won't let me win D: I wish I had a Mega Lucario, but unfortunately, Pokemon Shuffle was released where I live waaaaaaaaay after they distributed the Lucarionite so no point talking about that... I don't know if I'll be able to rank high enough to get the Charizardite Y...

Less of a FUUUU and more of a NUUUU... I had my first ever Nuzlocke death today... My STARTER. Sweet little Benjamin, my Bashful Quilava. We took on Bugsy's gym and he started with his friggin' Scyther which was two levels above Ben. We held out with potions and tried to take it down, but it was just too much and he rather suddenly offed Benjamin.

I didn't give up and sent out Roland, my Geodude. He was FIVE levels below the Scyther, but apparently was out for blood to avenge his fallen brother. He absolutely wrecked him with Rock Tomb. And then the rest was just a sad pounding dished out to Bugsy's Metapod and Kakuna.

I'm so sorry Benjamin. I thought we'd be okay.
But your death with NOT be in vain! We will continue and make you proud.
I've made Benjamin or official team Mascot in memoriam.

Whenever I have to fight a ground type in Super Mystery Dungeon. They ALWAYS have magnitude or some similar attack, forcing me to petrify them, or if I forgot to pack one of those items, we have to alliance the f*ck out of it, ignoring certain Pokemon that may be otherwise, MUCH more dangerous. Like Blastoise and Octillery.

Speaking of Super Mystery Dungeon, I also FUUUU at the way moves work now. We can no longer use a move by simple opening a menu and selecting it, we HAVE to use the shortcut, that involves the L button, and can't be remapped. And I KNOW I'm not the only person whose shoulder buttons have broken from overuse. I have to switch leaders, move back in the line, or call for an alliance. All of which are sub-optimal choices.

Was training my Rhyhorn in the Pokemon Tower, who knows Dig. All I wanted to do was check how many more experience points were needed to go to the next level in the stats page, but I accidentally clicked Dig, sending me back to the last Pokemon Center I was at. The last location? All the way in Fuschia City!

It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't trying to avoid all the bikers on Route 17 to save trainers to battle. Wonderful.

My most memorable moment of this type has to be after resetting for shiny Fennekin in X. I finally gave up the search for it, but a few routes or so later I encountered a shiny Skitty. After catching it, I messed around in Pokemon Amie with it for a bit(I had forgetten to save my progress of course). I was doing one of the puzzle levels and went to exit out of the game for whatever reason, but since I had soft reset so many times my hands flew to the soft reset buttons subconsciously and I reset back to the title screen ;-;.

My most memorable moment of this type has to be after resetting for shiny Fennekin in X. I finally gave up the search for it, but a few routes or so later I encountered a shiny Skitty. After catching it, I messed around in Pokemon Amie with it for a bit(I had forgetten to save my progress of course). I was doing one of the puzzle levels and went to exit out of the game for whatever reason, but since I had soft reset so many times my hands flew to the soft reset buttons subconsciously and I reset back to the title screen ;-;.
Ouch. Seriously, ouch. That really stinks. =/

Latest FUUUU~! moment: VC Yellow. Mt Moon. Zubats. Do the math. Or to put it another way--
As-Einstein-once-said-Only-two-things-are-infinite-the-universe-and-the-number-of-Zubats-in-a-dark-cave_zpsgf5vcysw.jpeg
And I'm not even close to Dark Cave yet. It's only gonna get worse from here. :cry:

This isn't a playthrough FUUU moment, but rather a bad result of terrible organizing. Since I decided to postpone renewing my Pokemon Bank Account, I withdrew every pokemon so none would be left behind in case the grace period was short.

Now both my OR and Y version games have full boxes. I'm having trouble deciding who to release because I want to keep at least one of every pokemon for the dex (and to aid in filling the national dex in the future games and in case some pokemon aren't native in the next region), multiple legendaries I got here and there for trading purposes, and the worst of all: pokemon that have different egg moves, IVs, nationality, and balls for breeding purposes...

Help :(

I gave the "Beat Liepard" mission a go early on in Super Mystery Dungeon. I encounter the rival team (Glameow, Natu, and Trapinch), and think "Okay, this just got a little more difficult, I'm sure I can handle it. "Trapinch used Bulldoze"... EVERYONE DIED, me, my partner, and the Pokemon I can't remember that came along for the ride. I didn't attempt it again until well after clearing the game.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom