• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Lots of Team Skull grunts are somehow entering the FUNdation! I suspect our Catering Manager something (what title is that anyway?). There was also a Team Skull member with that title... wait, there's something fishy going on here.

I'm watching you, fish!

Three different online battle moments:

1. I accidentally attended a Singles battle with a Doubles team when I logged in. I lost, of course, since my team was never made for singles (in fairness, I got two out of three knocked out).

2. The second time I was in a Doubles battle, the person I got matched with had a Pokemon with Spore (a move I can't stand but meh, it's legal so what can I do?), though in complete fairness, again, their team was nicely balanced and they didn't rely on Tapus or Therian forme genies. Credit to them and a team I rarely see.

3. This time I went into Free battles and went against an Uber user. This one stung the least, since even though they had Ubers and knew what they were doing, I managed to take 3 out of 4 out, and their fourth 'mon barely survived.

The first one was embarrassing, and in my second moment, along with the dreaded Spore user, I also made some embarrassing miscalculations. Sometimes I wonder if I'm being filmed by a YouTuber or streamed through a Twitch channel with my opponents deriding me. XD

Oh, and EDIT for a fourth moment: I battled a guy who had a lv. 1 Mimikyu and used Trick Room. I stupidly missed the part where the bar mentioned the Trick Room wore off because I could have won if I saw that little bit. No, I had to just breeze through the text or just not pay attention and it managed to get a Destiny Bond in. It should have been a draw since all of the Pokemon on screen were knocked out. However, the win goes to Destiny Bond guy. Fucking hell, I hate Destiny Bond and how they make the winner the person who uses Destiny Bond. How the hell is that fair? The nerfing was a big relief but this?? It's so bad that I hate it worse than Spore, now.

Last edited:
Three different online battle moments:

1. I accidentally attended a Singles battle with a Doubles team when I logged in. I lost, of course, since my team was never made for singles (in fairness, I got two out of three knocked out).

2. The second time I was in a Doubles battle, the person I got matched with had a Pokemon with Spore (a move I can't stand but meh, it's legal so what can I do?), though in complete fairness, again, their team was nicely balanced and they didn't rely on Tapus or Therian forme genies. Credit to them and a team I rarely see.

3. This time I went into Free battles and went against an Uber user. This one stung the least, since even though they had Ubers and knew what they were doing, I managed to take 3 out of 4 out, and their fourth 'mon barely survived.

The first one was embarrassing, and in my second moment, along with the dreaded Spore user, I also made some embarrassing miscalculations. Sometimes I wonder if I'm being filmed by a YouTuber or streamed through a Twitch channel with my opponents deriding me. XD

Oh, and EDIT for a fourth moment: I battled a guy who had a lv. 1 Mimikyu and used Trick Room. I stupidly missed the part where the bar mentioned the Trick Room wore off because I could have won if I saw that little bit. No, I had to just breeze through the text or just not pay attention and it managed to get a Destiny Bond in. It should have been a draw since all of the Pokemon on screen were knocked out. However, the win goes to Destiny Bond guy. Fucking hell, I hate Destiny Bond and how they make the winner the person who uses Destiny Bond. How the hell is that fair? The nerfing was a big relief but this?? It's so bad that I hate it worse than Spore, now.
Ya know what else shouldn't let the user win? Explosion. Yet it does.

Pokemon Tower Defense refused to save my game. Though that is more or less a minor deal...except what got deleted was possibly a chapter worth of levels. But thankfully I feel that that is still doable for now...I guess.

Did I mention Route 12 in this game is absolutely broken? They say its a grinding level, but honestly I don't consider it a grinding level. How can it be a grinding level if I can barely OHKO most of the mons and there are only 2 new lines to capture? Possibly the worst level in the game.

Pokemon Tower Defense refused to save my game. Though that is more or less a minor deal...except what got deleted was possibly a chapter worth of levels. But thankfully I feel that that is still doable for now...I guess.

Did I mention Route 12 in this game is absolutely broken? They say its a grinding level, but honestly I don't consider it a grinding level. How can it be a grinding level if I can barely OHKO most of the mons and there are only 2 new lines to capture? Possibly the worst level in the game.

Please don't discuss fan-made games on these forums, we'd like to respect Nintendo/GameFreak/TCPi's copyrights.

Simply trying to catch xurkitree; It's by far the most annoying ultra beast to catch.

Most Beast Balls used on an UB by me: 0, because I don't go the easy route e.e
Used about 20 of the Beast Balls on Tapu Fini and Tapu Bulu, and about 13 on Necrozma.

Really? I had way more trouble with Guzzlord.

Guzzlord does have a lower catch rate than xurkitree but guzzlord can't:
Oneshot anything that isn't immune to/resists its discharge
Make itself immune to sleep via electric terrain (xurkitree can't be paralyzed because it's electric type)
Use power whip to deal with any ground type you might use to deal with its electric attacks.

The worst thing that guzzlord can do is KO itself with thrash induced confusion but that can be remedied by simply having a ghost type on your team so personally I find xurkitree more annoying to catch than guzzlord. (unless you have an alolan marowak, which I do not.) Also my luck with trying to catch awake/not paralyzed pokemon is terrible.

Last night hopped into my Festival Plaza and ran into someone who could introduce me to a 4 star lotto shop. I didn't have enough FCs so I tried to VIP the guy.... and failed. Every. Time. So I decided screw it, I'd earn the 800 Coins by doing Missions. Complete the first Mission, run around the Plaza...

That PC is gone. I can't find him. So no four star lotto shop for me. I damn near pitched my 3DS on the concrete floor, I was so angry.

I'm still angry about it. I'm angry enough to never want to go to Festival Plaza ever again. :mad:

I met this absolutely tiring person on Battle Spot.

What made me mad was that he kept on switching his pokemon nearly every turn. Yeah, I know it is a strategy, but god I almost flipped when I saw that "withdrew pokemon" message for the fifteenth time.

I just forfeited the battle. He can have the win for all I care.

I hate it when I give a person an opportunity to completely dominate the match and take out all of my Pokemon. Last night I was playing against a guy who had a Cloyster that managed to get a Shell Smash in because I was too afraid of their other Pokemon (which was a Metagross). I should have seen it coming, too, because I know Cloyster has Skill Link as an ability and that's the only Cloyster I see people using, but I made some terrible predictions regardless. Since it was my fault, it may have bugged me, but hey, I learned not to take Cloyster for granted. Note to self: gang up on Cloyster when seen.

The second battle, however, really irked the hell out of me. I was playing against another player who got a Sheer Cold in twice, the first one hitting me as soon as the battle started. That frustrated me more than the guy who got a Shell Smash in because of the accuracy of Sheer Cold. As soon as it hit I knew I lost. I did better in this round because I knocked out three and had their Sheer Cold user down to 1/4 health. I would have won if it wasn't for Sheer Cold. At this time I was fuming and just stopped playing.

EDIT FOR 4/29: Everytime, and I mean every single time, I gamble using Protect twice in a row and it always fails. My opponent uses Protect twice in a row, he gets a second shot in. It's really obnoxious.

Last edited:
I was trying to get to at least the 30th streak in Super Multis. So far, Wally and his Magnezone/Garchomp team had been solid enough to guarantee 20 wins at least.

But then at the 25th battle, when my pokemon were killed off, Wally decided that he's tired and lost on purpose. How? By ignoring the paralyzed Houndoom with 1HP and trying to Thunder Wave a Leafeon that set up Sunny Day.

First time I felt hatred towards a character I've fangirled over for years.

The only "FUUUU....." moment I had in my HeartGold was when Falkner's Pidgeotto spammed Roost.... And after that battle I realized that the gym leaders have been buffed (but Whitney cause she was so easy)

Playing around, trying to find some shinies. Specifically, a shiny Electabuzz for my friend.
A shiny Dedenne appears! Hopefully, it doesn't sync with Jolly nature, and comes with a random Timid nature.
It synchronized perfectly and now I have a shiny Jolly Dedenne.
Decided to play around trying to catch some other stuff. Poison type safari it is!
There is Ariados and Kakuna here. Both would be great with a Jolly nature.
HEY! A shiny Ariados! Hopefully it will sync and come with the Jolly Nature.
It didn't, and now I have a shiny Timid (!!!) Ariados.

Just end my life.

Playing around, trying to find some shinies. Specifically, a shiny Electabuzz for my friend.
A shiny Dedenne appears! Hopefully, it doesn't sync with Jolly nature, and comes with a random Timid nature.
It synchronized perfectly and now I have a shiny Jolly Dedenne.
Decided to play around trying to catch some other stuff. Poison type safari it is!
There is Ariados and Kakuna here. Both would be great with a Jolly nature.
HEY! A shiny Ariados! Hopefully it will sync and come with the Jolly Nature.
It didn't, and now I have a shiny Timid (!!!) Ariados.

Just end my life.
That's the story of my life. I've got a few shiny Golurk who had some sucky Natures because of that. But they are Golurk so I will keep them.

Fishing in Moon. It sucks. That is all. And don't get me started on Dhelmise, as that thing took at least 20 resets before I found it and it shook its way out of 17 or so Balls... :mad:

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom