• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

One thing that makes me RAGE on the GTS is seeing a nifty shiny Pokemon, for once NOT asking for a level 1 Zek/Resh! I think "AWESOME OH MY GOD" and quickly breed/clone the Pokemon they want. When I get back and initiate the trade?

"Checking GTS Status... (20 seconds later) Unfortunately, it was traded to another Trainer."

GAAAH! Nothing is more infuriating than that on the GTS! D8< It's like "if it was traded away, why the TUCk is it still there?!" Gurgh! If it was bloody traded, it shouldn't be for display! That's just a freakin' tease, that is. Man.

I also wish I could physically find all the assholes who ask for a level 1 Zek/Resh/etc, and punch their stomach so hard. I HATE finding a nicknamed Pokemon I want that's asking for something I can't give them. Seriously, when will this be addressed!? The GTS shouldn't be such a nightmare, god... I think this year alone I've raged out loud more at the GTS than at actual online/Subway battles. Yeesh.
The GTS is nothing more than one giant FUUUUUUUU~! moment. With all the "Level 9 and Under" crap you'll find out there, and for common Pokemon no less...!! :banghead:

I could swear that in Gen IV, if a Pokemon was gone, you didn't see it offered again. But that does not seem to be the case here in Gen V. I've seen multiple Pokemon that have been traded off that are still available, so to speak. There's the Darkrai that was offered for a level 100 Haxorus, the shiny Espeon being offered for a Deoxys, the level 1 Golett offered for a Gligar: all of them have been spoken for yet you can still see them on the GTS. It drives me nuts.

Oh and that shiny level 100 Golurk in VA that's being offered for a Cyndaquil? It's been gone. For months. Apparently, the Trainer hasn't come back to get his Cyndaquil yet. How do I know? I've tried trading for that Golurk at least 25 times. :mad:

Don't get me wrong: I love the GTS and have gotten some great stuff from there (Hello shiny and DW Golett army!) but dear heavens, it needs an overhaul. Badly.

Latest FUUUUUUU~! moment:

I spot a level one Golett on the GTS and the Trainer wants a Magikarp for it. So I figure, what the hey, I'll trade. But then I kept hearing this nagging voice telling me, "You may want to hang on to that fish." I shove the doubt aside and make the trade.

Five minutes later, I spot a level 100 shiny Japanese Golurk. What does the Trainer want? A freaking Magikarp!

There went my poor Savage, who I had meant to send to B2. Guess I'll have to transfer one from SS. But seriously, I really do need to start listening to those quiet, nagging doubts. :sweat:

When I challenged myself to catch the level 1 Regigigas on Platinum...using a cherish ball. I thought I could trick the game into thinking that I caught an event Regigigas, but it did'nt work...
And when I was battling on the RM, it was my crobat vs a t-tar, it had really low health, it was confused, and poisoned.
Tyranitar is confused!
Tyranitar hurt itself in confusion!
Connection was lost.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuu...
And the most dream-crushing FUUU moment ever...
Last chance qualifier for pokemon world championships. I WAS THIS CLOSE TO GETTING INTO THE CHAMPIONSHIPS! IT WAS A LIFE-LONG DREAM OF MINE! :bawl:
Why did he have to use an OU rain dance team with a THUNDURUS!
And if I had stayed at the championships for a few hours longer at the last day, I would've gotten to meet JUNICHI, MOTHERF*KING, MASUDAAAAA!! :banghead:
I think I'm just b*tching at this point...

Mine is a classic: one day, I encountered a shiny Houndour in Platinum. I was carrying one single Great Ball at the time, and no other balls. I weakened the Houndour. Everything was going the right way until I attempted to catch it. That useless stupid bastard of a Great Ball failed miserably.
WHY, WHY DID I FORGET TO REPLENISH THE BALLS POCKET, WHYYYYYY!!! I COULD HAVE OWNED A BADASS SHINY HOUNDOOM BY NOW!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--
I almost threw my head at the wall. For real. I have no idea what curbed me from doing so.

Last edited:
I was running through the grass on my way from a long egg-hatching walk on the route by the day-care. Sometimes I ran into the grass, and sometimes into Pokemon too. I normally have an endless supply of Max Repels, but I forgot to refill them and I misplaced my Action Replay. So I ran away from all the Pokemon I saw. I was in the middle of grass again when the egg finally hatched (IV-bred Washibon, aww yeah), and I made to get out of the grass. Another Pokemon shows up, and I'm like "WAH LEAVE ME ALONE", and I hit run.

I just ran from a shiny Yanma. ono My first natural shiny in YEARS, not hacked. My first shiny in my White 2 JP. I saved the game and walked around for a bit when I realized what happened. Of all times for a natural shiny to show up. Oh man, tears of rage were had. They were had.

Ohohoh I just remembered something.
When i was playing through Emerald, I had spent at least half an hour trying to find the island where the pokemon league is.
me: yes! the Pokemon league!...And this waterfall shouldn't be a problem, I got the HM already!
*goes up to waterfall, gets message saying that this waterfall can be climbed or whatever*
Ok...looks like I need to teach Waterfall to a Pokemon!
ABLE
UNABLE
UNABLE
UNABLE
UNABLE
UNABLE

Ok, my Swampert can learn it...
Surf
Strength
Rock smash
Dive
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuu......

My first playthrough of red was full of them:

I was a bit...perturbed when I beat Lance only to find out that I also had to beat Blue. So, after that, I finally beat Blue, when my batteries died on me.

*sigh* I do not miss having to "borrow" AA batteries from the remote, clock, etc.

I gave Emerald to my brother for a few minutes.
"Kim, I saw this blue pokemon with wings."
"A wingull?"
"I don't know. It used something called Luster Purge. I killed it."

I was running through the grass on my way from a long egg-hatching walk on the route by the day-care. Sometimes I ran into the grass, and sometimes into Pokemon too. I normally have an endless supply of Max Repels, but I forgot to refill them and I misplaced my Action Replay. So I ran away from all the Pokemon I saw. I was in the middle of grass again when the egg finally hatched (IV-bred Washibon, aww yeah), and I made to get out of the grass. Another Pokemon shows up, and I'm like "WAH LEAVE ME ALONE", and I hit run.

I just ran from a shiny Yanma. ono My first natural shiny in YEARS, not hacked. My first shiny in my White 2 JP. I saved the game and walked around for a bit when I realized what happened. Of all times for a natural shiny to show up. Oh man, tears of rage were had. They were had.
Ouch. I think I'd cry for about a half an hour, easily. >.<

My latest scream worthy moment:

I'm playing SS, trying to gather up Pokemon to transfer over to B2 and complete the Poke Dex when I run into a Jynx. I figure that I should catch it, just to be safe.

Six Balls and a lot of swearing later, I still haven't caught the stupid thing. Out of frustration, I pitch a spare Master Ball at her and call it good then save. Afterwards, I'm derping around on my PC and guess what?

...I already had a stupid Jynx. I blew a Master Ball for absolutely no freaking reason. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~!!!

Your FUUUUUUUU- Moments

Game rage moments.

Pokemon only seems to critical when the opponent has like 2 HP
The only time your Pokemon criticals is when it criticals a Pokemon you're to catch
Find out Meinshao knows U-turn
Caught an Axew and its Ability was Rivalry
Found Cryagonal and knocked it out

Re: Your FUUUUUUUU- Moments

Already have such a thread by the exact same name and purpose located here.
Closing thread.

edit: on second thought, merging this with the original.

Last edited:

I'm playing SS, trying to gather up Pokemon to transfer over to B2 and complete the Poke Dex when I run into a Jynx. I figure that I should catch it, just to be safe.

Six Balls and a lot of swearing later, I still haven't caught the stupid thing. Out of frustration, I pitch a spare Master Ball at her and call it good then save. Afterwards, I'm derping around on my PC and guess what?

...I already had a stupid Jynx. I blew a Master Ball for absolutely no freaking reason. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~!!!

Why would you waste the only Master Ball you get in the whole game in a Jynx anyway? l:

See rustling grass in B2.
Think "Oh, an Audino. I can level someone up with it."
It's a Yanmega.
Never seen one in action before. Looks 100x cooler when it moves. Seriously cool af.
All my want. Whole party like 10 levels higher than it.
Start panicking. Who won't murder it?
Meinshao!
Almost got it down to 1/2 HP, kills Meinshao. Bring out Genesect.
Iron Head should bring it down to the red!
Underestimated Genesect's attack, overestimated Yanmega's defense.
FUUUUUUUUUU-
Will probably never run into one again; it would take a zillion hours to find -,-

A bit far-fetched to some, but I had two of these moments in particular. The first was in Gen III. I found a shiny Zubat in... Meteor Falls I think, whittled it's health down, and then when I reached into the item bag to throw a Poke Ball... I realized I didn't have a single Poke Ball on me. Needless to say, I never went far from any town without carrying a decent supply of Poke Balls on me.

The second is still the one that irritates me the most. It was at the Battle Hall in Pokemon Platinum. I managed to plow all the way up to the Gold match with Argenta, with my one Pokemon being Metagross. Guess what she walked into the battle with? FREAKIN MOLTRES. It kind of goes without saying, the battle didn't last long.

Just yesterday, I found my old Ruby cartridge. I say "old", but it's not like I've had it since 2003 - I bought it used from Gamestop a few years back. However, it's always been kind of glitchy, occasionally struggling to get past the opening screen, and so on. I hadn't played it at all for the past two years or so, and I was a little wary of how well it'd hold up. So I plugged it into my DS Lite, played it a little bit, and all seemed well. I went to save my progress. BZZZZZZZZ. Save file's corrupted. I can't even salvage my team by migrating to Diamond. Dammit.

My White 2 US seems to have a lot of issues after I accidently dropped it onto hard concrete one. :| Before White 2 came out, I spent a lot of time getting the next Living Pokedex started for my US White 2. My own boxes were full, so I would spend a lot of time trading them between my White and my sister's Black version for storage. I stored 4 full boxes of Pokemon, and it took 3 hours to trade them all to my White 2 (not counting the hour it took to catch all the Patrat/Purrlions in my White 2). It took another 2 1/2 hours to organize them all by National Dex number. I was on a roll. I plowed through the game with a badass all-prevo team and became Champion.

After that accidental drop, my save file was deleted due to "corruption or error". :| Nearly 6-7 hours of work, plus countless MONTHS on the GTS getting those Pokemon together. It was stupid, but I really cried over that. It's a dumb thing to be sad about, but it was literally months of my life.

I tried to start over from scratch. I was doing fairly well again. I made it to Opelucid City. And my save file deleted itself yet again. ._______. This time, I was just really angry. Like a dodo, I didn't buy any protection warranty replacement thingy at Gamestop when I picked up my preorder, because I wasn't counting on my lethal clumsiness to accidentally drop my game, 4 feet in the air, onto HARD concrete. "OTL It'll cost roughly $40 to get a new one. I only used an Action Replay once, and that was on my second try, an experience multiplier, so it wasn't that. I'm just so mad, especially since I also misplaced my White 2 JP, and now I get no sequel. OTL

My White 2 US seems to have a lot of issues after I accidently dropped it onto hard concrete one. :| Before White 2 came out, I spent a lot of time getting the next Living Pokedex started for my US White 2. My own boxes were full, so I would spend a lot of time trading them between my White and my sister's Black version for storage. I stored 4 full boxes of Pokemon, and it took 3 hours to trade them all to my White 2 (not counting the hour it took to catch all the Patrat/Purrlions in my White 2). It took another 2 1/2 hours to organize them all by National Dex number. I was on a roll. I plowed through the game with a badass all-prevo team and became Champion.

After that accidental drop, my save file was deleted due to "corruption or error". :| Nearly 6-7 hours of work, plus countless MONTHS on the GTS getting those Pokemon together. It was stupid, but I really cried over that. It's a dumb thing to be sad about, but it was literally months of my life.

I tried to start over from scratch. I was doing fairly well again. I made it to Opelucid City. And my save file deleted itself yet again. ._______. This time, I was just really angry. Like a dodo, I didn't buy any protection warranty replacement thingy at Gamestop when I picked up my preorder, because I wasn't counting on my lethal clumsiness to accidentally drop my game, 4 feet in the air, onto HARD concrete. "OTL It'll cost roughly $40 to get a new one. I only used an Action Replay once, and that was on my second try, an experience multiplier, so it wasn't that. I'm just so mad, especially since I also misplaced my White 2 JP, and now I get no sequel. OTL
OOOOUUUUUCCCCHHHHHH....

Mine isn't half as bad, but I made it all the way to the elite four gateway in Crystal, then I broke both my wrists. When I came home my brother had defeated the elite four but had killed Snorlax and Lugia. -.-

Why would you waste the only Master Ball you get in the whole game in a Jynx anyway? l:
Completely forgot that I had one. Gah, talk about irritating. I am glad I have a few spare Master Balls to make up for it. (Said Jynx is Rash, so at least that's something...)

Eee-freaking-yeowtch. I would be sobbing for a few days after that.

My latest moment: Poke Star studios. Trying to complete the Invaders series. The first three parts were easy but the last script was murder. If it wasn't the Emolga injuring my Rental Pokemon beyond any usefulness it was the set piece KOing them. On the sixth try, I finally was able to get it done but man, it was a struggle. (If I didn't hate Emolga before, I freaking detest it now.)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom