• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Trying to breed a Shroomish with Focus Punch for a potential Breloomurder. Three things went wrong:

-stats are "decent"
-father's perfect 31 speed didn't pass down even with Power Anklet.
-ability is...wait for it...
...effect spore.
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

Every single battle with Brawly in the PWT is a massive FUUUUUUUUU moment for me. No matter what pokemon I use, no matter what strategies I try, no matter how many times I try(4), he has always found a way to hax me out of a victory. HOW DOES A MACHAMP LIVE A DRACO METEOR FROM A MODEST HYDREIGON WITH 31 SP. ATTACK IVs and 252 SP. ATTACK EVs?!?

Really more of an Anti-Fuuu moment, but I managed to capture the two of the Regi's (ice and Gigas) in normal pokeballs, as revenge on the trio for making me waste so many ultra balls in Sapphire. Now those capture attempts were full of Fuuus.

Yesterday, it was 12/12/12. As some kind of bizarre crazy luck would have it, I ran into a shiny Butterfree, which is #012 of course. As I went to my bag to get an ultra ball, I accidentally ran from it.

My heart will never heal. :'(
Oh man. That is just awful. ;-;
Trying to breed a Shroomish with Focus Punch for a potential Breloomurder. Three things went wrong:

-stats are "decent"
...effect spore.
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
Breeding in general can be a huge FUUU~! moment. I lost count of all the Golett hatchlings that were perfect in two or more stats....but had Klutz. I so wanted to slam my head into a wall some nights.

Though the Speed IV not getting passed has me confused. Which game was this?

Last night, I spot a shiny Golurk, holding a Power item. I freak out, grab what the Trainer wants in trade and grab the big fella, thinking that I got myself a freebie.

....the Golurk was holding a Power Belt and I have one. It's the Power LENS that I need! FUUUUUUU~! (Oh well, I got me another shiny, so there's that at least.)

My FUUUUUUUUU- moment?

Grinding for about 12 hours on Pokemon Emerald, getting my pokemanz all nice and ready for the Elite 4.
Soon as I finished I got a bit too enthusiastic with my DS and accidentally dropped it, which made the whole DS freeze and I had to turn it off.

No save.

I went and started a new game on Fire Red after that to ease the pain.

When my stupid cousin used my freakin Master Ball on a Tentacool!!!! :mad: I ended up catching Mewtwo with an ultraball though..after 2 hours...

When my stupid cousin used my freakin Master Ball on a Tentacool!!!! :mad: I ended up catching Mewtwo with an ultraball though..after 2 hours...

ouch that must have sucked so much... thats the reason why nobody touches my games, EVER ! Not even to show them for a second, Im a bit of a pain because of that, but at least I go to bed at night knowing my games are unspoiled -___-

I was bored in SoulSilver so I decided to try out the Battle Factory (keep in mind that I never compete at the Battle Frontier). I got to the 7th battle and was feeling pretty good until I got my ass kicked by a Sandslash.

Yesterday, it was 12/12/12. As some kind of bizarre crazy luck would have it, I ran into a shiny Butterfree, which is #012 of course. As I went to my bag to get an ultra ball, I accidentally ran from it.

My heart will never heal. :'(
Oh man. That is just awful. ;-;

-stats are "decent"
...effect spore.
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
Breeding in general can be a huge FUUU~! moment. I lost count of all the Golett hatchlings that were perfect in two or more stats....but had Klutz. I so wanted to slam my head into a wall some nights.

Though the Speed IV not getting passed has me confused. Which game was this?

Last night, I spot a shiny Golurk, holding a Power item. I freak out, grab what the Trainer wants in trade and grab the big fella, thinking that I got myself a freebie.

....the Golurk was holding a Power Belt and I have one. It's the Power LENS that I need! FUUUUUUU~! (Oh well, I got me another shiny, so there's that at least.)

I know that pain I got a Vulpix max SAtk, SDef, Speed, Hp female with Flash Fire last night.

That hurt.....took me 70 more to get another with 4 Stats and drought and those were def/Sdef/spd/hp so not quite as good.....

Oh and one most people wouldn't notice. Bred a Chimchar from parents with no maxed IVs. The Egg ended up with 2 maxed. Seriously the Pokemon that gets 2 out of 3 random IVs to max has to be the lame quick single breed I did.
Why does it never happen on the egg that inherits 3 perfect IVs from parents....

Rant over Breeding sometimes hates me.....

I found a shiny magicarp after the red gyardos. Losing your win streak after being about to challange the boss in the battle frontier. Finding everything but the Pokemon you want when hunting. Ev training.

Breloomurder fail: part 2

Picked up a female Breloom from GTS to increase chance of getting the egg. Two things were wrong about her:

~"decent" stats
~Highest stat?
Special Attack, which has no use for that type of moveset. Haven't calculated her attack stat yet.

I do have another Breloom I could use who has "outstanding" stats, but she also has Technician. Using her means praying the child gets the right Ability.

Hatching over 30 Gible eggs trying to get a Jolly nature. Seriously. I'm still at it, and I haven't gotten the right one yet. OTL Especially since I got lucky with Ferroseed and hatched the right nature within two eggs!

Hmm, every time I lost to Whitney's Milktank. Also every time Latios would run away from me in Ruby.

So, my thing on Black 2 right now is searching Giant Chasm's Hidden Grotto for an Imposter Ditto. I've gotten it down to a pretty good system. Since cash is pretty easily obtained, I purchased 999 max repels. I run in and check the HG, then exit, apply a max repel, ride my bike around until it wears off, and then walk to the HG entrance. I've gotten over the disappointment of NOT finding anything in the HG, and I caught a modest Magic Guard Clefable while running around and running into rustling patches. Additionally, I've started re-breeding the members of my playthrough team for better natures/movesets, so I have something to keep the back corner of my brain occupied. But what really grinds my gears is how many Limber Dittos i've seen during this experience. Merciful heavens, it's painful to see a ditto in the grass patch outside the HG and be all, "GAH! Y U NO SHOW UP INSIDE GROTTO!"

My FUUUUUUUUU- moment?

Grinding for about 12 hours on Pokemon Emerald, getting my pokemanz all nice and ready for the Elite 4.
Soon as I finished I got a bit too enthusiastic with my DS and accidentally dropped it, which made the whole DS freeze and I had to turn it off.

No save.

12 hours without saving? You really should save more often than that, what if your DS battery runs out of juice?

My FUUUUUUUUU- moment?

No save.

12 hours without saving? You really should save more often than that, what if your DS battery runs out of juice?

It was connected to the charger at the time, so I didn't have to worry about the battery running out.

And it's easy enough to SAY save more often, but sometimes you just get caught up and forget to. If I had saved more often, then this wouldn't be a FUUUU- moment :p

Almost got a Mewtwo on GTS. They wanted a Vanilluxe, so I went and evolved my Vanilish. When I got back, 'Sorry, it has been traded to another trainer.'

Noooz.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom