• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Well for me I was at Victory Road in Pokemon Pearl and I was inches away from the end and the Pokemon League. I had ran out of revives, potions and full heals and my Torterra had been poisoned from a previous battle. I was about to step outside to the Pokemon League and boom my Torterra died of poisoning. It took me ages to get back through because I wasn't really concentrating on the route through Victory Road and I had skipped a few trainers as well. My reaction: 'FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! (For 3 hours straight)' I then even swore at my mum because I was so angry! xD

A recent one is, this stupid Metang that can't be caught with less than 30 Pokeballs, since I caught the trio with exactly 3 Pokeballs each beforehand...... (I didn't even have to reset for Terrakion.)
But then later I realise Metang actually has the same catch-rate as your typical legendary, so 30 basic Pokeballs ain't a big deal haha.
And then I found out my 30-pokeballs-worth Metang has 0 IVs for its HP.
Major FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Absolutely every 21th battle in the Subway....
I can one-hit every opponent's Pokemon in the first 20 battles
but as soon as I go up against a subway boss, he'll one-hit crit every Pokemon have,
regardless of what Pokemon I'm using.
So, every battle results in nothing more then a wasted half-hour with nothing to show for it.

When I found out that apricorn balls couldn't be used without cheating in 5th gen. The heavy ball was incredibly useful for catching Lugia and any legendary over 440lb.

A recent one is, this stupid Metang that can't be caught with less than 30 Pokeballs, since I caught the trio with exactly 3 Pokeballs each beforehand...... (I didn't even have to reset for Terrakion.)
But then later I realise Metang actually has the same catch-rate as your typical legendary, so 30 basic Pokeballs ain't a big deal haha.
And then I found out my 30-pokeballs-worth Metang has 0 IVs for its HP.
Major FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Not to mention how epic the troll move of putting Metang and family in the safari zone in HG and SS was. It is worse than trying to catch a legendary normally. If you use Wobuffet and Smeargle wisely the roaming beasts aren't as bad.

Last edited:
What if you encountered a Shiny Pokemon before you could obtain Pokeballs!!!
:bawl:That's what happened to me:bawl:

Last edited:
Making a mistake you didn't want to make in the game, so you turn off the game to restart the part.. only for you to do it again when you return to the point. : I

That time when I was solo'ing the League with a Volcarona. I got through Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitilin, and it was Marshal's turn.

Unfortunately, his Throh survives a powerful Flamethrower due to Sturdy and Stone Edge'd my poor Volcarona with a Critical one-hit KO

Every time I confront Amoonguss in Battle Subway!

Spore? Ingrain? DOUBLE TEAM??? One huge FUUUUUUUU in one Arceus-forsaken package!

Now if you excuse me, I have mushrooms to fry.

So I was just searching on the GTS for another Darkrai to add to my team, okay?
So, out of all of the Reshiram/Zekrom lvl 9 and unders, I spot a trainer who had a Darkrai up for trade for a Lvl 100 Leafeon.
I got so excited that I whipped out my action replay and cranked my Leafeon that I had in my PC up to lvl 100, go to the GTS, try to trade, praying it works...
LOL NOPE SORRY THIS POKEMON HAS ALREADY BEEN TRADED
...:saiyan: I about was ready to throw my DS out the window. >.<
*sigh* I should of known it was too good to be true, I know, but...I was just hoping...
*headdesk*

Also when I went to the PWT, I was going to participate in the Kanto's tournament with my main team-My Crobat, Infernape, Milotic, Darkrai, Giratina, and Glaceon. I had recently gave them tons of Proteins, you know, those drink thingies, so I was prepared to battle hardcore...
LOL NOPE SORRY NO DARKRAIS OR GIRATINAS ALLOWED.
>.< Ugh, that made me so mad! I wanted to battle with them, too!
So now I gotta train another Dark type and another Ghost type for the tournaments...*sigh*

Trying to get a Froslass so I can breed for a Snorunt for my dex. GTS offers were plagued with the 9 and under requests. Checked male Glalie, to see if I can get one for breeding with Ditto. Saw one that asked for Spiritomb 9 and under, so I bred one, and it took forever. After hatching I came back for the Glalie...

Was already given to another trainer.

FUUUUUUUUU.....

Trying to get a Froslass so I can breed for a Snorunt for my dex. GTS offers were plagued with the 9 and under requests. Checked male Glalie, to see if I can get one for breeding with Ditto. Saw one that asked for Spiritomb 9 and under, so I bred one, and it took forever. After hatching I came back for the Glalie...

Was already given to another trainer.

FUUUUUUUUU.....

I know that feel, sis.

Fighting Jasmine's Forretress in the PWT World Leaders tournament, which seems like it has the same glitch that Chuck's Poliwrath had in 2nd gen with its Dynamic Punch. It has a Zap Cannon that doesn't seem to ever miss its mark, even without accuracy increasing moves. Its even worse considering the thing has Sturdy, and Paralysis is MUCH worse of a status condition than confusion.

The fact that in HG and SS the sun stone and not the water stone is in pickup. The sun stone is only worth using on Gloom until 5th gen.

Spending many days on DW looking for a female Swinub. Not even a male one. Many drilburs, snovers, onix. But no Swinub. Damn you pig!!!! Show your face, only one fuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkinnnnnng time.

Hunting Lapras in the Village Bridge.

"Lapras used Perish Song!"

Oh, crap no.

"Argh! Almost had it!"

"Lapras's Perish Count fell to zero! Lapras fainted!"

*banging head against desk*

When people spam Stone Edge, never miss, and have critical strike(s) atop of that. The same thing with Power Whip and Focus Blast.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom