• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Not mine but my brother's. He started a new file in HeartGold and then he found a SHINY HOOTHOOT on Route 29. Problem? He didn't have any Poke Balls.

That sucks bummer a shiny HOOTHOOT is rare to have on the game that must suck not to have any pokeballs he should carry them at all times just in case that's terrable to have.

He was just at the start of the game where he couldn't buy any Poke Balls yet, but yeah, that sucked for him. At least he has a picture of it.

I tried to catch a Chansey in HG. Every time I used a ball it failed, and because of hard boiled I had to keep weakening it. It took ten minutes to catch it. Lesson learned, always have a sleep or freeze move on-hand for unexpected Pokemon you want to catch.

When i got a critical capture on a basculin with a quick ball.
A critical capture is basically this:

In Generation V, there is a chance of a critical capture, where the Poké Ball will only shake on the ground once before capture, and is much more likely to catch the Pokémon in the process. When a critical capture occurs, the Poké Ball will make a high-pitched whistling sound as it is thrown, then pause in mid-air, and shudder before it drops down to the ground.

The probability of a critical capture occurring depends of the number of Pokémon that have previously been caught in the Pokédex.

So I'm trying to keep the half off sale going on my Join Avenue and I have a newer Florist shop open....and no one wants to get Berries, go shopping, go to a shop with a male clerk, etc. No, instead, they want to make their Pokemon beautiful or get an Egg hatched but my Beauty Salon and Nursery are both Rank 10! :banghead:

So I'm trying to keep the half off sale going on my Join Avenue and I have a newer Florist shop open....and no one wants to get Berries, go shopping, go to a shop with a male clerk, etc. No, instead, they want to make their Pokemon beautiful or get an Egg hatched but my Beauty Salon and Nursery are both Rank 10! :banghead:

I can understand your pain. My nursery is Rank 10 as well, and still my visitors have eggs to hatch. Worse if they decide not to visit other shops that actually need the points! :saiyan:

Even worse if the visitor in question is a gym leader and the only shops he/she wants to visit are already Rank 10 and the avenue is Rank 100. I had Clay come to visit a couple times when my Raffle and Antique shops were both Rank 10 (said Antique shop has been recently rebuilt, but still).

Pretty minor for a fuuuu moment but, I usually name the player after the game, and Sapphire doesn't fit in the name selection screen in Pokemon Sapphire!

When I saw a shiny Graveller while training up in Victory Road and the first move it used was Self Destruct.

;_________________________________;

Here are a few of my FUUUUU moments from the HGSS safari zone:
Hard to find pokemon that are also hard to catch fleeing after one failed capture attempt. (STUPID LARVITAR!)
Trying to catch beldum/metang.
Repeated failed captures of pokemon with a 255 catch rate. (Shroomish i hate you so much.)
Capturing multiple clefaries and they all have bad IVs or Good IVs in all the wrong places.

This just happened like 5 minutes ago..

I was using my Ferrothorn against Scolipede and Scolipede flinched my Ferrothorn 9 times in a row with Steamroller!! 9 times in a row!!. Steamroller has a 30% chance of filnching and it flinched 9 times in a row, thank god Ferrothorn ability is Iron Barbs, Scolipede fainted because of it.

*typing this while twitching because of brutal rage*

I decided to have a battle against Alder in my Black 2 version yesterday, so I went to his house. Then after I sent my first Pokémon, Feraligatr... I noticed that I forgot to heal them before going to Alder's house. =__= I felt like the biggest noob ever at that moment. I still managed to sweep half of his team with Dragon Dance + Waterfall, but then he sent his Volcarona...

And this just happened to me 5 minutes ago..

I was at the Battle Institute ( building to the left of the PokeCenter in Nimbasa City) and i was at the fifth and final battle. I was fighting a Breloom with Gyarados, his Breloom uses Subsitute, Leech Seed, it had Poison Heal ability and it was holding Toxic Orb. Then he used Protect five times in a row! Five freaking times in a row! What are the odds??...

And this just happened to me 5 minutes ago..

I was at the Battle Institute ( building to the left of the PokeCenter in Nimbasa City) and i was at the fifth and final battle. I was fighting a Breloom with Gyarados, his Breloom uses Subsitute, Leech Seed, it had Poison Heal ability and it was holding Toxic Orb. Then he used Protect five times in a row! Five freaking times in a row! What are the odds??...
NPC odds >_>

The only FU I have had in pokemon is the third gym in Ruby/Sapphire...Fuck Shockwave in that version, nowhere as powerful in later games. This seems crazy, but I "know" it.

A slightly minor one, but annoying nonetheless:

I decide to switch up my shops on my Join Avenue, so I kick out my current Museum curator and hire an NPC. Biggest mistake of my life--the previous museum had great pulls but the current one... Even at level 8, it's well over 95% Hard Stones. Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be keeping Agata around for much longer. >.<

It all started on Iron Island. I was completely new to the game and while I was training around, a golden Graveler appeared out of nowhere. At first I thought that this was some sort of glitch and maybe my game was stuffed up. I was about to turn the power off and reset when I realized that it could be some sort of treasure. What if there was a possibility of selling different-looking Pokemon? What if it was stronger than a normal Pokemon of its species? Turns out that I had just ran into my first and only shiny. I decided to send in my Empoleon and being eight, I didn't know that would spell disaster. So naturally I went for my strongest attack- Surf. Not surprisingly, it got knocked out and that's where I went psycho. Nowadays I just laugh about it but its a shame I never caught it. When you're 8 you do stupid things. I almost broke the table when I found out the chances of such a Pokemon appearing. ]:

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom