• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Cynthia and her goddamn Milotic and Spiritomb.

Also, Protect is quite possibly THE most annoying move someone can use against you. Though Swagger comes in close second.

Swagger isn't that bad. If you have a full heal on you, those can get rid of confusion.

I like to use that and then sweep with my +2 attack.

I was undefeated on my Heart Gold. I went to the battle thing in viridean. I didn't bring any of my best pokemon. The feraligater had super effective moves on every one of my surviving pokemon. I lost my undefeated record there. I probably had around ninety hours at that time. I had even battled my friend who had a pretty good team.

I actually had to record the Elite Four twice on my HeartGold. Know why?

I'm facing Lance. It's just my Gyarados against his Dragonite. I've Intimidated it a lot, so I'm confident I can defeat it. Outrage comes. And it's a critical hit. "FUUUUUUUUU--"

My battle against Red.

Heracross used Close Combat!

It's Super Effective

Lapras used Psychic!

It's super effective

Heracross hangs on to 1 HP, I think I can nail Lapras with another Close Combat. I forget this isn't like the original G/S/C. So the game reads, "Hail continues to fall". I'm thinking, "oh shit".

"Heracross is buffeted by the Hail"

Heracross Fainted. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

When I first got Red, for some reason I can't comprehend I thought "catch a lot of the same pokemon" was the same as "gotta catch em all," so until around Surge I would spend all the money I made on Pokeballs to catch the same Pokemon over and over. I remember thinking I was awesome for having so many, then I got to the professor's aide who said I didn't have 15 types (or whatever it was) of Pokemon.

So long, 35 Rattata and 20 Pidgey.

When I first got Red, for some reason I can't comprehend I thought "catch a lot of the same pokemon" was the same as "gotta catch em all," so until around Surge I would spend all the money I made on Pokeballs to catch the same Pokemon over and over. I remember thinking I was awesome for having so many, then I got to the professor's aide who said I didn't have 15 types (or whatever it was) of Pokemon.

So long, 35 Rattata and 20 Pidgey.

At least you can pick out the ones with good IVs and Palpark them over to trade? :murg:

My "Fuuuu" moment was when I lost to champion Lance on my last Pokémon.

Who was the last pokemon

My latest FUUUUU moment was when fighting Gary in Firered. Our starter final forms were at each other. I ran out of revives. His Venasaur and my kickass shiny Blastoise. I think I can take him out with an Ice Beam attack. I use it and Vena uses SunDay and then I use Ice Beam again. Venasaur survives with red HP and I'm like "Oh crap Overgrow's gonna kick in" then final turn Venasaur uses SOlarbeam and it KOs my BLASTOISE!!! STUPID GARY GIVES HIS POKEMON THE EDGEEEEE!!!! ARGHGH!!!!!

Bruno's Machamp just used stone edge after I flew up first. Before I could come crashing down on him I take a Bullet Punch which effectively KO's me with no progress made and two turns wasted.

So now I know Pokemon with No-Guard can hit you during the "semi invulnerable" turn of fly.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Trying for hours to find specific pokemon, and after finding them not being able to catch them. Happened repeatedly while looking for Chansey in the Safari Zone in pokemon red.

Bruno's Machamp just used stone edge after I flew up first. Before I could come crashing down on him I take a Bullet Punch which effectively KO's me with no progress made and two turns wasted.

So now I know Pokemon with No-Guard can hit you during the "semi invulnerable" turn of fly.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Lol, when the same thing happened to me on HeartGold, I thought it was the move itself (Stone edge) that was rigged :O

Trying for hours to find specific pokemon, and after finding them not being able to catch them. Happened repeatedly while looking for Chansey in the Safari Zone in pokemon red.

Yeah, and when you are playing gen1/2. You go around for hours looking for some stupid pokemon (like sneasel for me right now) and then the fucking box is full just because bill didn't tell me o_O

That almost happened with my Lugia. Thank god I checked whether I could still throw 'em balls around before I reached that bastard.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom