• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

I knew this would happen eventually.

Challenge Cup, Pokemon Stadium 2, R-2.

Finally got a good team and made it to the final round. Was on the last Pokemon for that opponent.

And then the power hicupped due to an approaching thunder storm. N64 reset. Progress lost.

If only you could have heard my scream...

Samurott used Razor Shell!
Audino avoided the attack!
Audino used Take Down!
(It took away half of Samurott's HP, so I used a Full Restore.)
Audino used Last Resort! Critical hit!
Samurott fainted!

You have no idea how much I want Shell Armor Samurott now. :banghead:

Last edited:
My Rage Moment?
I've had so many of them.

But from this generation, I'd have to say Thundurus was a pain in the butt to catch. Took me at least 15 ultras and 10 quick balls before I got him in one. I think they made him harder to catch than they made Suicune, Raikou and Entei.

Yay! there's a (pokemon) on the GTS that I've wanted foweverrrr!
Wanted: Level 100 Serperior
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also, Mewtwo in SS.
Attempt 1: 1 HP, Paralyzed
I literally used 70 Ultra Balls on that jerk before he Struggled.
Attempt 2: ~50 HP, Dusk Ball. Shake. Shake. Shake. Click.
how.

I was SRing for a shiny Zapdos in LeafGreen, got one on the first try, weakened it with Raichu, caught it, and saved three times.

Now, you might be thinking, "how is that a 'FUUUUU' moment?" Well, what happened next makes it a "FUUUUU" moment. "But what could possibly have happened next that could've made the whole thing a 'FUUUUU' moment?" you might ask? Well, I'll tell you.

I F***ING WOKE UP, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED!

WITH A F***ING MUSTACHE!

It's actually quite funny to see how many people struggled with Lance, I never had even the shadow of a problem with him.Hmm, strange..

Anyway, my moments are:
1) Whitney's Miltank, on my first time at Gold back when it first came out! Had no idea what rollout was, no idea what the stats of that Miltank were, no idea how strong it was, just went up against it and thought "Uh, easy target"....... I don't know how many times I tried but I remember distinctly thinking at some point "One more time! Then I give up on this game!!!!"

2) Capturing those roaming d**** when of course you are not aware that moves like Mean Look exist or abilities like "Trap Arena" are there too (that is, 8 years ago when you played and were on no forum at all, thus pretty much guessed the whole game as you progressed)

3) .......Chatot.......Never knew such a regular pokémon could be so difficult to catch.....I wasted nearly 80-100 balls (ultra, great, quick and dusk - at night) trying to catch it after using a False Swipe with a Lvl 60+ Gallade.

I know the last one is lame, but as the battle went on, I just really got into my head to capture this pokémon just to show it who was the boss....

One of my 'FUUU' Moments, wasn't really a bad thing, but a really big 'FUUUUUU' moment for Cynthia's Milotic in Black. I was training 2 level 1s, but only one had an EXP share, so my Larvitar was still level 1. One of my stronger pokemon got milotic down to red hp, and being a level 70 odd, was no match for my level 1 larvitar... Or was it?
I felt lucky, so I used bite over and over again, here's how it went.

Larvitar used bite
Milotic used blizzard, milotic's attack missed
Larvitar used bite
Larvitar used bite
Larvitar used bite
Milotic fainted.

And I was screaming like wild 'YEAHHHH', my larvitar grew so many levels:')

Forgetting a type matchup an opponent has that super effective against my Pokemon, then struggling to find out what it's weak to.

Mine was in a battle against Cynthia in D/P. My last Pokemon was my Clefable, which had run out of PP on all it's moves except Metronome and Thunderbolt. Cynthia was using her Garchomp. I wasn't going to use Thunderbolt because of Garchomp's Ground immunity. Both Pokemon were on red health, and Clefable was faster (Rock Polish). Here's how the battle went.

Clefable used Metronome!
Clefable used (wait for it) Thunderbolt!
It doesn't affect the foe's Garchomp...
Garchomp used Earthquake!
Clefable fainted!

Yeah. I almost threw my DS at a wall.

Last edited:
Trying to catch a beldum in the safari zone in soulsilver. grrr!

Trying to catch a beldum in the safari zone in soulsilver. grrr!

Or a Metang. :banghead:

I've probably thrown hundreds and hundreds of Safari Balls at Metangs, and still to this day, I haven't caught one.

It's a damn shame you can't transfer Pokemon from Gen V to Gen IV.

I've always wanted to add something here but I never had anything. Now I have something that happened just now:

I was playing the Elite 4 in Emerald. I had just beaten Drake and was healing up before Wallace. I desperately needed my Manectric for obvious reasons and only had one Hyper Potion so I only had one option.

I opened my backpack and selected the Hyper Potion. Over to Manectri-

"Blaziken's health rose by 1HP"

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

The time I killed Rotom on Platinum, didn't think to save and forgot that I'd killed it and saved after I'd killed it DX

i remember making a trade for a shiny kyurem
guy said yeh ill trade
i said ok but maybe later
the guy is redy
i lost my DS fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

So far, my only RAGE moments are when the Dream World keeps logging me off every three minutes. Especially when there's a new Pokémon I want.

Last edited:
I hatched about 6 MALE Sap Sipper Girafarigs before getting a female, finally.
It has Early Bird instead.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I was trying to catch a Metang so I used False Swipe and paralyzed it.

60+ Ultra Balls later, I still couldn't catch it. ಠ_ಠ

Me, on my first try at the Violet City Gym in SoulSilver: "OK, I'm pretty sure I can do this. I mean, it's the first Gym, right? Should be a piece of cake."

[...]

Me, after getting my butt thoroughly whooped somehow: "I... lost... to Falkner?

... *resists urge to throw DSi at something*"

(Ended up beating him on the second try. I'd barely started on the game at the time, though, but I'm pretty sure no-one else here failed this badly on their first try at a Pokemon game. I probably shouldn't have picked Chikorita as my starter, heh...)

Our old Wii busted a few months ago, a good "FUUUUU!" moment by itself. :/ We got our new Wii a few days ago, and I'm currently unlocking everything in PBR again. A TOTAL FUCKING NIGHTMARE. All my work in the other Wii means nothing now! Urgh! OTL

Sunset Colosseum especially is driving me nuts now, like it did last time. OTL I've failed twice so far, twice in rage-quits. The second time, I made it to the final round right? Oops, Vigoroth keeps sending hax Body-Slam paralysis all over my rented team. It is such a major headache that I am considering finding ways to cheat just to get this stupid colosseum out of the way! OTL

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom