• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

The many attempts to catch Entei in HeartGold. Never have I wasted so many Pokéballs, spent so many hours of traveling the Johto region, and go through so many resets just to catch that one legendary. I managed to use Snorlax to block it from escaping before dealing enough damage for Entei to have red HP. Then I switched to Butterfree to SleepPowder it, and throw dozens of Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls. Entei managed to escape all of them, and sometimes wakes up and run away, causing me to go after him again. Sometimes, I accidentally ordered Snorlax knock out Entei and have to turn off the game without saving. In the wake of the tedious switching Snorlax for Butterfree, I had to get another Gastly that knows Mean Look and Hypnosis for this one Pokémon. After another event of travelling, I managed to catch Entei with a Fast Ball thanks to my new Gastly. I officially nicknamed my Entei as PAIN for all the pain he gave to me, and I almost never nickname my legendaries.

I ran out of pokeballs on a shiny tauros. The moral of the story is, never have a low supply of pokeballs. I nearly cried afterwards.

My sympathies. :(

I'm annoyed. Got into an online battle against someone with a Poison Heal/Toxic Orb Gliscor a little bit too fond of Substitute. He was only too happy to use Guillotine on the two Pokemon I had that were a possible threat (including my Serperior with Gastro Acid, that could have been hilarious), but when it came to my Mightyena, which couldn't do anything against him, he took his time using a weak Dark-type attack instead, over and over and over, while I couldn't do anything to stop him.

I'm fine with most ways of playing, but that sort of thing ranks just below para-flinching on the list of tactics I hate.

Started breeding for IVs and finally got a 5iv Bagon with Moxie... 0 sp attk IVs. Why???

Well, Moxie raises Attack, not Special Attack, so I'm sure it should be viable. That is, unless if you were planning on using special attacks, then I can understand your frustration.

a few minutes ago, while EV training with hordes, I found a shiny Vanillite. So my Greninja begun to span dark pulse. The shiny one was on the extreme right, so I started to kill from the extreme left. The first one down, i then sent a dark pulse to the empty slot. My Greninja trolled me, and aimed for the shiny one. FUUUUUUUUUUU

a few minutes ago, while EV training with hordes, I found a shiny Vanillite. So my Greninja begun to span dark pulse. The shiny one was on the extreme right, so I started to kill from the extreme left. The first one down, i then sent a dark pulse to the empty slot. My Greninja trolled me, and aimed for the shiny one. FUUUUUUUUUUU

If you select an empty slot to launch an attack at, the attack will always target the Pokémon on the far right. Apparently you didn't know that, but with shinies, never, ever take any unnecessary risks

It really sucks for you though :/

My FUUUU moment: back in Diamond, I found a shiny Wooper once. In the Great Marsh D:
So I immediately threw a Safari Ball, but it broke out after two clicks and fled right away ;-;

Wooper... Please don't leave me!
Come back... *sniff*

If you select an empty slot to launch an attack at, the attack will always target the Pokémon on the far right. Apparently you didn't know that, but with shinies, never, ever take any unnecessary risks

It really sucks for you though :/

My FUUUU moment: back in Diamond, I found a shiny Wooper once. In the Great Marsh D:
So I immediately threw a Safari Ball, but it broke out after two clicks and fled right away ;-;

Wooper... Please don't leave me!
Come back... *sniff*

thanks for the advice, didn't know that.

Started breeding for IVs and finally got a 5iv Bagon with Moxie... 0 sp attk IVs. Why???

Well, Moxie raises Attack, not Special Attack, so I'm sure it should be viable. That is, unless if you were planning on using special attacks, then I can understand your frustration.
I know but I wanted to at least have one special attack that wasn't draco meteor

After days of breeding Carvanhas, I finally got the shiny sharkling.

The ability was Rough Skin.

I wanted to cry. I seriously wanted to cry. There goes my dream of using a shiny shark with speed boost...

Leveling a Galvantula to Lv. 63 before learning that Sticky web (the move I was trying to get) can be learnt by move rememberer.

This just happened to me. I was in the Battle Institute. I'm on my fourth battle, with a flawless run so far. I'm starting to think I might finally get Master Rank. My opponent's last pokemon is a Walrein who had just tried to use Fissure (haxx right there, since Walrein can't learn fissure) on me twice, unsuccessfully. On the third turn, it uses Rest, but unlike most Battle Institute/Battle Maison Pokemon, it doesn't have a Chesto berry. Fourth turn, I see this:
Walrein used Sleep Talk!
Walrein used Sheer Cold!
Scizor Fainted!

TL:DR version. I got screwed out of a flawless Battle Institute run because of a stupidly impractical RestTalk set using two OHKO moves, one of which the Pokemon in question can't even learn.

This just happened to me. I was in the Battle Institute. I'm on my fourth battle, with a flawless run so far. I'm starting to think I might finally get Master Rank. My opponent's last pokemon is a Walrein who had just tried to use Fissure (haxx right there, since Walrein can't learn fissure) on me twice, unsuccessfully. On the third turn, it uses Rest, but unlike most Battle Institute/Battle Maison Pokemon, it doesn't have a Chesto berry. Fourth turn, I see this:
Walrein used Sleep Talk!
Walrein used Sheer Cold!
Scizor Fainted!

TL:DR version. I got screwed out of a flawless Battle Institute run because of a stupidly impractical RestTalk set using two OHKO moves, one of which the Pokemon in question can't even learn.

Actually it can be bred to know Fissure. But yeah, it's indeed impractical to have one of those 1HKO moves in the first place, let alone two...

Walrein used Sleep Talk!
Walrein used Sheer Cold!
Scizor Fainted!

Actually it can be bred to know Fissure. But yeah, it's indeed impractical to have one of those 1HKO moves in the first place, let alone two...

Hm, thanks for the info. I didn't see it when I first looked at the wiki since I didn't think to go back to gen III when I looked up its learnset.

Still, it seems like the RNG in both the Battle Maison and Battle Institute get more and more determined to screw you over the further you get in, to the point of creating sets specifically designed to counter you that would be completely ineffective against anybody else. It's kind of annoying; this is about my tenth Hyper run in a row.

I was playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity. I was just walking along when I walk into a room which A) was a Monster house and B) had a Spin trap right on the first tile in said room... Dam* you Random Number Arceus!!!

So, with the Club Nintendo Pokemon deal out of the way I'm now doing a Nuzlocke run of Pokemon X.

I caught that first Pidgey on Route 2. Couldn't think of a proper nickname so I passed.

Then I traded Fennekin to my Y game in exchange a Zorua egg because that's the fox Pokemon I want to build this playthrough around.

Three battles later my Pidgey is dead because I ran into a Lv.3 wild Pidgey whose Tackles did surprisingly high damage (6HP, an almost-2HKO for either of my party members). Damn it, Pidgey, you were not supposed to become a redshirt...!

The FUUUUU part:
- I can't remove Pidgey from my team (no PCs until Santalune City)
- If I return to Aquacorde for healing, it'll revive Pidgey. (Rule number zero - The Game Is Always Right. If it revives Pidgey then Pidgey is revived.)
- Zorua's only at Lv.3 right now and still has only one attack (Scratch), which is quickly running low on PP as I attempt to level-grind him (very selectively, the only things he can reasonably take on at this point are Lv.2 Scatterbugs).
- If I can make it to Santalune Forest I can catch another Pokemon and that'll take the pressure off Zorua, but there's an NPC trainer blocking the path onwards.

Not exactly a great start to this run, is it? I did manage to catch a lucky break of unholy proportions during the Trainer battle when his Zigzagoon decided to spam Growl instead of Tackles (which would be a 3HKO and I already used up my two Potions midbattle). Zorua wins, reaches Lv.5, and LEARNS PURSUIT!

I caught a Fletchling in Santalune Forest (not enforcing the first-encounter rule, but this was indeed the first encounter) and proceeded to more or less breeze through it, arriving in Santalune with one dead Pidgey and two Pokemon actually in decent shape.

The next FUUU moment: Realizing the first Gym is Bug type ... with Viola's ace having a trapping move (Infestation) ... and the 3rd Gym is Fighting (Power-Up Punch) ... and the 6th Gym is Fairy (Dazzling Gleam) ... and Champion Diantha's team packs one Fighting-type and two Fairies....

I was hoping to catch a Litleo along Route 22, but after three encountes I caught a Dunsparce instead. Rage+Defense Curl+Rollout combo for the win, I guess.

Last edited:
In the Battle Maison I was wiped by a Lumineon...and I mean wiped. I couldn't get a hit off and it just destroyed my team. I wanted to cry.

The "Insult to Injury" moment: the game asked if I wanted to save that as a battle vid. My response? "<expletive> NO!"

The "Salt in the Wounds" moment: I go to feed my Golurk, who happened to be in that battle. Instead of being asleep, he has his back turned to me. I couldn't say that I blamed him. I felt terrible.

In the Battle Maison I was wiped by a Lumineon...and I mean wiped. I couldn't get a hit off and it just destroyed my team. I wanted to cry.

The "Insult to Injury" moment: the game asked if I wanted to save that as a battle vid. My response? "<expletive> NO!"

Lumineon's a tank, isn't she? I can see her taking out a Golurk, but the whole team? For me, that's why I love Lanturn to pieces.

But yeah, I'm also like "Hell no I'm not saving that as a video" any time I lose in the Maison.

After a long losing streak, which I'm getting very used to, I finally managed to win a battle on Battle Spot against a trainer with Yveltal, Mewtwo and Mega Lucario. Sounds pretty good, but...

I can't even enjoy the victory, because all three of them were brought down by lucky critical hits. Yveltal was immediately reduced from full health to nearly none by a critical Rock Slide, then the other two (Mega Lucario at half health, Mewtwo at full) dispatched by critical Shadow Claws. I know Shadow Claw has a high critical-hit rate, but I'd have lost the match easily had it not been for so many lucky criticals.

I feel worse about it than I do my constant losses. :(

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom