• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Awesome, my streak in the Battle Chateau is going well. Going to make it to fifty and figh-

What.

Veteran Trainer?

Virizion? No Problem.

Terrakion? Phew that was close.

Cresselia? What? Double Team? Toxic? Moonlight? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And the moral of this thread is:
The RNG's an arsehole, Battle Chateau/Maison/etc... cheats, any half-significant NPC is MADE of full restores, and internet people are genius, at the expense of their opponents.

In one minor yet stupid moment, after getting through the stupid roller-skate thing in Kalos Route 12 to get an item, a Dugtrio appeared. Since I was grinding my Gabite, I used dig...

...and then Dugtrio used Magnitude 10!

Which has a lowly 5% chance of happening.

Stupid cheating AI.

The first one that comes to mind is while trying to catch the roaming dogs in heart gold. Everytime it would escape i would scream f uuuu!

A lot of our FUUUU moments in X and Y involve wanting to summon hordes, only to have rain come and ruin the fun. As for me, I'm actually trying to find a place with rain so Sliggoo can evolve. Sweet Scent wasn't helping me either.

Last edited:
In one minor yet stupid moment, after getting through the stupid roller-skate thing in Kalos Route 12 to get an item, a Dugtrio appeared. Since I was grinding my Gabite, I used dig...

...and then Dugtrio used Magnitude 10!

Which has a lowly 5% chance of happening.

Stupid cheating AI.
I've never had a problem with the Battle Chateau, just use hard-hitting Pokemon.

When I was trying to catch Lugia. Made it confused and paralyzed and it didn't have a lot op HP left; "Lugia used Rest"
So annoying! It happened about 6 times -.-

Trying to find a Smoochum horde so I can catch one for the dex. So far, a few dozen Sweet Scents, give or take a few, attracted Vanillite and Cubchoo hordes. I know a Smoochum horde is rare, but... this rare!?

I remember one Vanillite horde. Froze my Delphox solid and it took her quite a while to thaw out and keep fighting.

When they decided to change the effect of the Sturdy Ability in Gen 5. In pokemon Black, I had a Lvl 47 Staraptor that I transferred from Platinum. I used Close Combat on a lvl 40 Gigalith, and it survived with 1 HP because of the Ability. Now, with Staraptor's defense lowered, Gigalith used Stone Edge.

Super Effective!

Staraptor fainted.

I lost to a level 1 Aron... D: it was a clever plan using Endeavor and Sturdy, but seeing my Mega Aggron fall helplessly to a baby was pretty sad
Watching your team fall to anyone stings but that's really got to hurt. I myself have lost count of the muttered apologies I've made while at the Maison. (I never blame my team when things go wrong. I'm the one taking the loss while they get the wins. It's just how I am.)

You know, FEAR is pretty much the Pokémon equivalent for chess' Scholar's mate. Being unprepared is lethal.

By the way, I had some big one in a double battle. The opponent sent a Lilligant and a Smeargle. Oh, easy. Then Lilligant outsped everyone (surprise scarf!) and used Teeter Dance.... aaand Smeargle had Own Tempo. Getting both Pokémon confused is one thing, both failing their attacks is another. Smeargle used Geomancy, activated Power Herb. Both of my Pokémon failed their moves again, and then I my fate was written...

I lost to a level 1 Aron... D: it was a clever plan using Endeavor and Sturdy, but seeing my Mega Aggron fall helplessly to a baby was pretty sad
Watching your team fall to anyone stings but that's really got to hurt. I myself have lost count of the muttered apologies I've made while at the Maison. (I never blame my team when things go wrong. I'm the one taking the loss while they get the wins. It's just how I am.)

You know, FEAR is pretty much the Pokémon equivalent for chess' Scholar's mate. Being unprepared is lethal.

I guess it's about time my dear Rampardos stepped in battle once again :evil:

Another fuu moment would be when I accidentally left my DS on and fell asleep while on the Battle Subway.

Of course it eventually turned off and the challenge was cancelled. Oh dear...

My Xerneas have 5 top IVs, a decent nature and Hidden Power Ground... but somehow, the thing is cursed.
Whenever there's a chance for it to get flinched, it does.

I got flinched to death several times by different pokemon.. Yveltal with Dark Pulse, Garchomp with Iron head, Greninja with Rock Slide and Extrasensory... I guess that's why they allowed using it in this latest wifi competition, because it's haxnerfed.

I was fighting someone randomly online in a triple battle. Now, I'm not a great battler, I don't go all out in team building, but I enjoy it. Anyway, they sent out a Houndoom, a Terrakion, and some small other weak thing. Just looking right away, I was like "ok, I can do this, it's obvious who to switch with whom." Well, rather than attacking, the Houndoom used beat up on Terrakion... 6 hits... And it had justified, so, that maxed out its attack. While the stupid other thing used tailwind. Oh boy, did that screw me over. I would have never thought of anything like that!!

By the way, I had some big one in a double battle. The opponent sent a Lilligant and a Smeargle. Oh, easy. Then Lilligant outsped everyone (surprise scarf!) and used Teeter Dance.... aaand Smeargle had Own Tempo. Getting both Pokémon confused is one thing, both failing their attacks is another. Smeargle used Geomancy, activated Power Herb. Both of my Pokémon failed their moves again, and then I my fate was written...
The moment I see Lilligant, I know I'm in for a bad time. Ugh, the one in the Small Court in Black nearly destroyed my team... and that was just an NPC! Even my Lampent was powerless against that hideous thing. (I didn't dare send out my Golurk or I know I would have been out a DS fat. Silvy smash!)
Triple Protect. I hate it.
Or a Focus Band activating twice in a row while none of your items seem to work. At. ALL. Or Hydro Pump hitting three times in a row and none of your team has No Guard. Ah Battle Maison, how you enjoy making me swear out loud... :mad:

And yes, that last one is real. Needless to say, I lost that round and had my streak destroyed that day. Yet, I still go back and tempt fate; I must be some kind of moron. :sweatlol:

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom