• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Tell me if this battle makes sense to you. I was in the Battle Chateau, trying to train my Kingler. I challenged Wikstrom to battle. This is how the battle went on...

"You Challenged Duke Wikstrom to a battle."
"Wikstrom sent out Klefki."
"Go Kingler!"
"Klefki used Spikes"
"Spikes scattered around the team's feet."
"Kingler used Crabhammer"
"Klefki fainted"
"Kingler received XXXX EXP points."
"Duke Wikstrom sent out Probopass."
"Kingler used x-Scissor!"
"It's not very effective"
"Probopass used Discharge!"
"It's super effective!"
"Kingler's been paralyzed. It may be unable to move."
"Omega used Full Restore."
"Kingler's health has been fully restored."
"It's super effective!"
"It's super effective!"
"It's super effective!"
"It's super effective!"

Until finally...

"Come on back Kingler."
"Go Giratina!"
"Probopass used Discharge."
"it's not very effective."
"Giratina used Aura Sphere."
"It's super effective!"
"Probopass fainted."

The fact of the matter is that Kingler was paralyzed FIVE times in a row. If that's not a FUUUU moment, then I don't know what is...

Last edited:
May Competition was promising, especially with the fact that the uber legends are banned.

Out of the four battles I fought, my only win was because my opponent had underleveled NFE mons, and I felt like I didn't deserve the win. That's FUUUU #1. The other three battles, well...

There were too many rage-inducing moments. Had to abandon the competition early, since nothing's working for me. Note to self: do not use too many quad weak mons for competitions.

Last edited:
May Competition was promising, especially with the fact that the uber legends are banned.

Out of the four battles I fought, my only win was because my opponent had underleveled NFE mons, and I felt like I didn't deserve the win. That's FUUUU #1. The other three battles, well...

There were too many rage-inducing moments. Had to abandon the competition early, since nothing's working for me. Note to self: do not use quad weak mons for competitions.

That's okay -- I've fought 12 battles so far and only won 2. Though I do have a FUUUU moment relating to this -- it was down to the wire, with one Pokemon left on either side... and I ended up losing because my opponent was faster. I was like NO FFS DAMN IT

During one of my battles in the International Challenge, I was one attack away from winning; but then my opponent rage-quitted and disconnected from the battle. Which of course gives us both losses. :-(

Well, I decided to restart my X Version, but I wanted to save all my items, and mainly trade myself the Mewtwonite X in Y. So I spent two days catching Flabebe and Skitty to give all my valuable items to to send over to Y. And what ingenius method did I choose?

Trade? Pssh! Ain't nobody got time to trade all that stuff one at a time! Plus, I'd only have to catch more stuff in Y to trade over to X. I need to do all the trading in one single sitting, I thought.

That's right, I chose...

Pokebank...

Now I know the punishment for being lazy...

Breeding two 5IV, getting a 3IV, CAN REALLY SOMEONE BE THAT UNLUCKY?
There is a 16.1458% possible chance to be exact if you even care. :D

I bred ~15 Adamant 5IV Mawiles w/ egg moves and spread I wanted Friday before I went to the lake for the weekend. Plugged it in to my alarm/power outlet and left until today.
I return today to notice that my DS's screen is off. Look at my alarm and realize that AS I left Friday, I tripped on a cord and payed it no mind...
So, guess whose DS died because their alarm became unplugged. D:<
After starting it back up I see that I had (3) 5IV Mawile having no speed. *sigh*
T.T Alas, I need to save more.

I had so many FUU moments in my recent Emerald playthrough that i lost count, the aumont of times i got parahaxed. poisoned, confused and my pokemon kept hitting itself (fucking Swagger Mighthyenas), the insane aumont of crits from the opponent pokemon, my Manectric got flinched four times in a row against Maxie's Crobat.

I keep losing at Single Battles in the Maison - and it's not even Super Singles! I must have done at least fifteen challenges, and I never got past the 17th streak :/

I keep losing at Single Battles in the Maison - and it's not even Super Singles! I must have done at least fifteen challenges, and I never got past the 17th streak :/
Ugh, tell me about it.

All I challenge is Singles, because the trainers you fight before you hit Nita can be infinitely hard than she is. The Mantine that swept me? That was match number 19. One more win and I would have had 20 BP but no, the AI had to cheat.

On the bright side, I have a decent amount of BP thanks to all my failed attempts. That doesn't suck, right?

Latest FUUU~! moment:
I get home from work on Tuesday, grab my DS and hope that maybe, just maybe, the Gen V GTS is still running. I try to get on, get three bars and I'm told that it's shut down. No more Unova rescues.

....fuuuuu.... :bawl:

At the battle maison, where I encounter a mamoswine that dodges my 100% accuracy moves not once, not twice... but five times! Likely the work of brightpowder but absolutely infuriating nonetheless.

I tried my first real run in the Battle Maison yesterday. On the 17th battle, I lead with Heatran, my opponent sends Rhydon. Since I outspeed and Rhydon's Sp. Def is somewhat low, I decided to go for a Earth Pokémon. Look and behold, the Rhydon activates a Quick Claw and hits me with an OKHO move, Horn Drill. I think to myself, "Fine, he got lucky, I can do this". I send forth a Conkeldurr and, fearing the Quickly Claw + Horn Drill combo again, I go for a Mach Punch. Unfortunately, it fails to faint Rhydon, and turns out it went for Earthquake instead. Annoyed that I had missed the chance to Drain Punch and thus faint the Rhydon, for some stupid reason I went for Drain Punch this time and had Conkeldurr faint (now this was entirely my fault). I send Thundurus, that for some reason only had Thunderbolt for an attacking move (I've since taught him Focus Blast, but I suspect it would have missed, hah), to face the cursed Rhydon. Since it has Prankster and I had nothing to lose, I went for Swagger hoping to have the Rhydon KOing itself. I wish... Swagger missed and the Rhydon's Stone Edge connected, ending my run. All I could do in the end was scream "FUUUUUUUUU--" in my head. Oh well, next time I'll do better!

When you have spent a really long time getting a legendary pokémons health down and then it starts using struggle and kills itself :-/ it is comforting to know it would rather kill itself than have me as trainer :p

Umm...let's see:
1. Can't get a Latias/Latios. By the time I face the legend I have already said FUUUUUU coz I mistakenly use a OHKO move.
2.Beating Bugsy(in my beginning years). I'm using a Bayleef lvl 18 so I kinda hard to outbeat him anyway. So by the time(again) I challenge the Bug master I've already sayin' FUUUUU thousand time coz hiz Scyther always U-turn me.
So that's it from my story them

Anytime I go into the Battle Maison and I play with my brother.

One I remember clearly is that we were facing Pokémon, and one had Attract (I forget which species they were) One of them used Attract on my Greninja, and switching out wasn't an option. So I tell him to go for the fainting on the Pokémon who used Attract.

He attacked the other Pokémon. (I do remember the other Pokémon was weak to Water or something >_>)

We lost. :|

You know the Embedded Tower, right? the place where you can get the Weather Trio? I caught Kyogre and Groudon over HG and SS, and Kyogre, with its Aqua Ring, was a pretty big "FUUUUUU" moment for me. I managed to snag Rayquaza in one game easily, but the second time... oh god. Rest and Outrage made me so very, very mad. After the 14th attempt, I knocked it out, yelled "F#ck it." and saved. I'd lost my patience with that dumb airborne snake entirely.

I'm in the process of hatching the perfect Gible. I have an Attack, Defense, Sp. Def, Speed female with Rough Skin and an HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Def Male with Rough Skin doing their thing. I get an egg that hatches into a Gible with perfect IVs in all five stats I want only it has the Sand Veil ability and it's female. It could have at least been a male I could put in Daycare to breed with my Rough Skin female. Nope. The game screwed me. FUUU...

Update: I got a Rough Skin female with the stats I wanted. It was only a matter of time, but still aggravating.

Last edited:
Trying to catch legendaries that constantly change zone when you make it there. Going for hours without encountering them once, then finally making it there, getting a critical hit, and having to reload due to killing it.

/sigh

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom