• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Recently, I have been occasionally battling Rhydon at the Battle Maison, but every time I battle one, its Quick Claw activates, thus giving it an ample opportunity to defeat one of my Pokemon (I usually use Pokemon it has a type advantage against). Seriously, how does it Quick Claw activate so often?
The same way I've had the opponent's Focus Band activate multiple times while mine won't. At. ALL. Although I havn't had that sort of trouble with Rhydon. It's the stupid Lumineon that likes to try and murder me. Oh Primus, how I hate that slagging fish...!

Current FUUUUUUUU~! moment: I have gotten multiple shinies in both my Fighting and Dark Safaris but not the ones I really wanted. I want a shiny Sawk and I get a Mienfoo and a Breloom. I want a shiny Pawniard and get two shiny Inkay. I'm utterly flabbergasted that I managed to get three shiny Golurk in my Ghost Safaris because X seems to hate me. =/

#FirstWorldProblems

In Diamond & Pearl, in Snowpoint City, the trade Haunter with Everstone.
4118806879.png

I evolved Espeon and Greninja and beat the fourth gym today without saving...

"The Game Card has been removed."

Any battle in the Battle Frontier/Battle Area/Battle Subway lost to a critical hit. I mean, at least when I use Focus Blast, I know I'm taking a calculated risk. I can't prevent critical hits without using something otherwise useless like (lol)Lucky Chant.

Recently, I have been occasionally battling Rhydon at the Battle Maison, but every time I battle one, its Quick Claw activates, thus giving it an ample opportunity to defeat one of my Pokemon (I usually use Pokemon it has a type advantage against). Seriously, how does it Quick Claw activate so often?
I have met that Rhydon in a Super Triple Battle, its Quick Claw activated 4 times in a row and i almost lost.

Oh, might I add to this fun discussion? I know I've had some! One that always stands out is when I had Silver version (after getting the Superior Gold) I wanted to catch and Oddish. Needless to say, I pressed the wrong button and used my Master Ball on it. Sadly, I had no idea why but I saved it after because I didn't want to start ALL over. So, needles to say I named teh Oddish a nasty, nasty name and hated it forever.

IRL: Losing my original FR which had some great mons, my first Shiny ever (Caterpie) and an almost complete National Dex. Ugh. I miss it.

Currently it's when I see a TM I want or need and it's a BP cost TM. Each time I see one it's infuriating.

Oh, might I add to this fun discussion? I know I've had some! One that always stands out is when I had Silver version (after getting the Superior Gold) I wanted to catch and Oddish. Needless to say, I pressed the wrong button and used my Master Ball on it. Sadly, I had no idea why but I saved it after because I didn't want to start ALL over. So, needles to say I named teh Oddish a nasty, nasty name and hated it forever.

IRL: Losing my original FR which had some great mons, my first Shiny ever (Caterpie) and an almost complete National Dex. Ugh. I miss it.

Currently it's when I see a TM I want or need and it's a BP cost TM. Each time I see one it's infuriating.
Reminds me of one of mine. I caught a shiny Drowzee as my first shiny (this was when I was a kid and didn't know what it was). I caught it, never used and eventually erased the file, not even thinking about it. It was a couple years later when I realized what I had done.
What a sad realization that was.

In Pokemon Conquest, how the hell does one lose Pugilis to the AI (especially when you have a Chimecho and Staraptor on your side) ? By being massively underlevelled. I've got to stop underestimating Tadakatsu's Steelix and Ina's Quagsire (my largest opponent in the current campaign), everyone else I've defeated and recruited. Average Link level is in the 60% range -- I'm letting this campaign take its time. In any case, Dragonair was the last one standing and very fortunate that the AI focuses so hard on claiming banners instead of attacking (it also helps that Dragonair is roughly on par in levels) -- I kept KO'ing everyone off the ring with Dragon Tail so they couldn't claim all four banners for more than 3 turns. Eventually their Charizard went down, leaving only Quagsire and Aggron. Aggron I definitely couldn't take down, but I won because by the time there were only 5 turns left I had at least one banner in my favor.

So I'm taking the *Perfect* picture. Got the brightness just right, there's a nice depth of field effect, zoomed in just where I wanted. I'm making sure the picture is nice and straight. There we go! SNAP! Can't wait to post this on Imgur or something (Exaggeration). I'm looking at the picture and realize.... OH S*** I BLINKED! Phil the photo guy did not get tipped that day...

Pokemon XY = Photography Simulator 2013

So I'm taking the *Perfect* picture. Got the brightness just right, there's a nice depth of field effect, zoomed in just where I wanted. I'm making sure the picture is nice and straight. There we go! SNAP! Can't wait to post this on Imgur or something (Exaggeration). I'm looking at the picture and realize.... OH S*** I BLINKED! Phil the photo guy did not get tipped that day...
Left the flash on, did we?

That moment when I attacked a shiny Moltres (the only shiny I've ever seen!) before remembering I had a Masterball. Its HP went down to critical! :scared:

Was shiny chain fishing one time. After 141 casts the chain broke. Not one shiny in that chain. Fuuuuuuu.

The save file of the very first Pokémon game I ever played, Sapphire, was mysteriously broken some time after I beat the game for the first time. I was devastated.
At least I was able to find some Feebas again surprisingly fast in my second playthrough...

The save file of the very first Pokémon game I ever played, Sapphire, was mysteriously broken some time after I beat the game for the first time. I was devastated.
At least I was able to find some Feebas again surprisingly fast in my second playthrough...
You reminded me of another of mine...working on the Emerald dex and finding Chimecho and Feebas. Both took so long!

I had a few of these moments.

In Pokemon Pearl:
I was off to catch Uxie until I realized that I didn't bring enough ultraballs, so I restarted my game only to realize that I didn't save after capturing Palkia. Had to catch Palkia again before buying more ultraballs. Later after catching Azelf and Uxie, I spend a few hours chasing Mesprit all over Sinnoh while putting its HP down, but not wipe it out. After a while I caught it with a master ball.

In Pokemon X:
This is what happened then I went to catch Zygarde. I saved the game before I started to battle it, my Umbreon uses toxic on it to poison it. A while later, Zygarde faints and I restarted the game. The second try, Talonflame uses Will o' wisp to burn it, just like the first try, it faints again. The game was restarted again and Garchomp uses earchquake since it won't be very effective. The attack almost took Zygarde out in one hit and I started quickly throwing pramire balls at it until I finally caught it.

I just battled a Blissey at the Battle Maison a moment ago. Man, did it give me a hard time. Throughout the battle, it kept restoring its health while inflicting little damage with Round. Yes, it wouldn't have given me any problems if I had a physical attacker, but I had one very big problem: I didn't have any physical attackers available at the moment. As the result, I had to endure a long and boring battle. I hope I don't have to go through that again!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom