• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

For the past three days, I've been running around in my Friend Safaris, hoping to get a shiny or two. A Golurk maybe or a Trapinch would be nice.

I got nothing. Absolutely nothing. FUUUUU~! (Stop hating me, RNG!)

trying to breed for a Naive, HP Fire Protean Froakie, with 31/30/31/30/31/30.
I spend the entire week. The best I got was 26 in SpAtk. So close :(

I learnt a valuable lesson a few weeks back: never trade shinies late at night when you're tired.

So every so often on the PSS I change my status to "shiny4shiny" so passerby could offer to trade shiny Pokemon with me. It worked out pretty good: I had a few offers and I got some cool looking shiny Pokemon as a result.

Then a few weeks back, I got scammed out of my shiny Luxray.

Someone asked to trade, I accepted, and the first Pokemon he offered was a Parasect nicknamed "IM SHINY". I examined the Pokemon, and, honestly I had no idea whether it was a shiny I was looking at or not. I couldn't remember Parasects exact shading off the top of my head, and I didn't know if it was one of those shinies whose colour difference was really minor (I got traded two Pokemon in the past that I didn't notice where shiny only to be pleasantly surprised when I first used them in battle).

Stupidly, I took the risk: traded him for my shiny Luxray for this alleged shiny Parasect, checked it's stats and sure enough, no little red star thing. It was an ordinary Parasect.

I felt...immensely annoyed with myself. The guy then had the gall to give me a "nice" then request a battle, to which I vigorously told him to bugger off. Even went and released the Parasect afterward, 'cos I had no use for a normal Pokemon with a stupid and misleading nickname.

Last edited:
Any time ultra balls do jack against legendary Pokemon, I've grown a habit of calling them "worf balls" when trying to catch something since they usually fail where a specialized ball usually succeeds. Been playing Pokemon Emerald lately and I've never missed the dusk ball this much before.

I was playing through Pokemon Black 2 this morning and I ran into two wild Growlithe. One is level 12 and one is level 14, and Oshawoot and Pidove was sent out into battle. Aiming for the level 14 Growlithe, I told Oshawoot to use water gun on the Growlthe at level 12 to take it out and Pidove to use Gust on the Growlithe at level 14. Instead, Oshawoot KOed the level 14 Growlithe and Pidove used gust on the level 12 Growlithe. I ended up taking the level 12 Growlithe instead.

I learnt a valuable lesson a few weeks back: never trade shinies late at night when you're tired.

So every so often on the PSS I change my status to "shiny4shiny" so passerby could offer to trade shiny Pokemon with me. It worked out pretty good: I had a few offers and I got some cool looking shiny Pokemon as a result.

Someone asked to trade, I accepted, and the first Pokemon he offered was a Parasect nicknamed "IM SHINY". I examined the Pokemon, and, honestly I had no idea whether it was a shiny I was looking at or not. I couldn't remember Parasects exact shading off the top of my head, and I didn't know if it was one of those shinies whose colour difference was really minor (I got traded two Pokemon in the past that I didn't notice where shiny only to be pleasantly surprised when I first used them in battle).

Stupidly, I took the risk: traded him for my shiny Luxray for this alleged shiny Parasect, checked it's stats and sure enough, no little red star thing. It was an ordinary Parasect.

I felt...immensely annoyed with myself. The guy then had the gall to give me a "nice" then request a battle, to which I vigorously told him to bugger off. Even went and released the Parasect afterward, 'cos I had no use for a normal Pokemon with a stupid and misleading nickname.

that would make me trully rage.. I hate scamming of any sort, and anyone that gets involved in it intentionally.

Im not sure what I find more frustrating, hatching 50 eggs in a row from 2x 4IV parents without getting a single 5IV offspring or getting to lvl19 in maison and losing to a series of infuriating pokes.

There are tons of those on the PSS and even more on GTS. I've seen multiple offerings of Pokemon nicknamed "Shiny" when they are clearly not. This is why I am so reluctant to trade now.

My latest two "buyer beware" moments:

I spot a level one Golett on the GTS. The trainer wants a Xerneas and claims that the Golett is "5IV and HA". For the heck of it, I trade.... only to discover that the Golett in question has Iron Fist, a less than decent Nature and not one perfect IV. Thankfully, the trainer got a crappy Xerneas in return so I don't feel too terrible. (And that Golett is pretty lucky; he's got a permanent home now.)

Moment number two: I spot a shiny Golurk on GTS. The trainer wants a level 21 - 30 Entei for it. The message under the Golurk? "Shiny, HA, 5IVs". I manage to get the Entei, trade and find.... <insert Meatloaf song here> that two out of three ain't bad. Yes, it's shiny with No Guard. But it only has 2IVs, HP and Special Defense. Seriously, the trainer felt the need to lie about the IVs on this guy? Really?! It's shiny; ten to one you'd get the trade on that merit alone! GAH! :banghead:

At least the big lugnut has "relatively superior" potential so it's not a total wash. Still annoying as slag though.
Losing battle 48 in Super Doubles. Fml.
Been there, done that, got the sore throat from screaming over it. Ugh, I was on match 19 on the Singles in the Maison and lost miserably. One more win and I could have gotten to Nita but it didn't happen.

Even worse, it was a freaking Lumineon that took my team out. That was before I learned how to deal with that stinking fish, so it made me hate it even more. And no, I really wasn't after the BP during that run; I just wanted to get a ribbon for one of my Golurk horde. So in order to get that award, I had to start all over again. (All that trouble for one little ribbon.... I must be insane.)

Walking into a Rival battle without healing my team first because I wasn't paying attention. It's happened to me so many times it's just not funny
:banghead: Concentrate, you stupid b!tch!

Challenged a guy on the PSS who said he wanted an OU only battle. His team ended up being full of likely hacked shiny uber legendary Pokemon :/ Still won anyways since he had zero strategy outside of spamming powerful moves but was still a bit ticked off about him lying to me about what kind of battle he wanted.

when you find a shiny and you use false swipe on it AND IT USES TAKE DOWN (rip shiny diggersby) T.T

When you're on GTS and see a Pokemon the you want and they want a Pokemon you have, you quickly grab the Pokemon the person wants, breed it to get the offspring, and come back to trade it only to find out the Pokemon is gone. Now you have the Pokemon you have no idea what to do with......

On GTS, you find the Pokemon you want, but all they want is a Pokemon that is a legendary, at a really high level, or at a level that's impossible to obtain that Pokemon in like a level 1-10 Politoed.....

When you're on GTS and see a Pokemon the you want and they want a Pokemon you have, you quickly grab the Pokemon the person wants, breed it to get the offspring, and come back to trade it only to find out the Pokemon is gone. Now you have the Pokemon you have no idea what to do with......
Or worse, you tap trade and you're told, "The Pokemon has already been traded." I've lost count of just how many times I've read that message and I want to scream every. Single. Time.

So I'm now trying to breed HA Super Size Pumpkaboo using the one I got from the event. Since the event one had no perfect stats, I am breeding for some stats, then will do another round. Out of the dozen eggs I hatched in round one so far, two eggs hatched female... Neither with the HA.

Edit: Okay, finally got a HA Female... What, it has only 1 IV? Grrr...

Last edited:
When I accidentally defeat a Legendary Pokémon but luckily I 98% of the time save the game before the encounter. When I played Platinum I KO'd Uxie in that cave where it (Uxie) was hiding and Heatran in Stark Mountain and I saved the game after I defeated both of them.

I finally hatched a shiny super sized pumpkaboo......with the pickup ability and a bold nature........

Found a shiny Murkrow that has been eluding me for days.. sadly, I had volcarona leading the party, and as I switched out, Murkrow used pursuit, activated Flame Body and got burned. It managed to escape every ball I threw after fainting the others in the horde, including Critical Capture Repeat Ball at Red Health... and then, it died from the burn.

Decided to participate in the Spookymon thing. Shortly after depositing the Caterpie on the GTS, got a Duskull that didn't have the right nature, not in the right ball, pitiful IVs, and no Egg Move. Even with the "Spookymon!" tag, someone took advantage of it by giving me a useless one, probably a breeding reject, instead of getting one of the Spookymon ones. That's why I HATE, HATE, HATE the GTS! So I'm trying again and hoping this time I'll get one of those Duskulls.

Decided to participate in the Spookymon thing. Shortly after depositing the Caterpie on the GTS, got a Duskull that didn't have the right nature, not in the right ball, pitiful IVs, and no Egg Move. Even with the "Spookymon!" tag, someone took advantage of it by giving me a useless one, probably a breeding reject, instead of getting one of the Spookymon ones. That's why I HATE, HATE, HATE the GTS! So I'm trying again and hoping this time I'll get one of those Duskulls.

Wow. This is true hatred. Unfortunately, that happened to me. 3. FREAKING. TIMES. I only like the GTS when it works.

So i'm playing on B2 going through all the map and talking to everyone just to check nothing's been missed. I hadn't saved in a while and got given the HA Eevee witha nature that HINDERS Sp At. You can't even breed this thing for HA because it's always male, and i would have loved a magic bounce Espeon or ice body Glaceon.

What is Spookymon??? Please explain.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom