• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

I recently restarted my X version because I was bored and wanted to play it again for whatever reason I had. After doing the whole note bit in the start, just before I get to Serena's demonstration (the whole "how to catch a Pokemon" bit), the first encounter I have is... A SHINY PIDGEY!!! And guess what? I had NO Poke Balls! That's the SECOND time that's happened to me. I admit, at the start of a game, I'm a bit thrifty, usually selling anything that has decent value and working off of freebees as long as possible until I rack up enough cash for whatever I need (usually holding out until I have access to the good stuff, like Great Balls). That thriftiness backfired on me for the second time. What are the odds of that happening not once, but TWICE!? And usually my luck with shiny Mons is outright dismal, even with the Shiny Charm, so I never expect it to happen. *sigh* If it happens again (which I hope it doesn't), then I'm gonna erupt on my game worse than an angry Camerupt that got hit in the face.

I recently restarted my X version because I was bored and wanted to play it again for whatever reason I had. After doing the whole note bit in the start, just before I get to Serena's demonstration (the whole "how to catch a Pokemon" bit), the first encounter I have is... A SHINY PIDGEY!!! And guess what? I had NO Poke Balls! That's the SECOND time that's happened to me. I admit, at the start of a game, I'm a bit thrifty, usually selling anything that has decent value and working off of freebees as long as possible until I rack up enough cash for whatever I need (usually holding out until I have access to the good stuff, like Great Balls). That thriftiness backfired on me for the second time. What are the odds of that happening not once, but TWICE!? And usually my luck with shiny Mons is outright dismal, even with the Shiny Charm, so I never expect it to happen. *sigh* If it happens again (which I hope it doesn't), then I'm gonna erupt on my game worse than an angry Camerupt that got hit in the face.
Oh my gosh... I would rage like no tomorrow if that happened to me twice! Luck is not on your side for Pokemon I'm afraid... XD Then again... I have never encountered a shiny in the past 10 years I've been playing... *cries*

My absolute FUUUUU moment would have to be when it was time to catch Lugia in SoulSilver... I threw a pokeball at it after god knows how many attacks and moves, wriggled its HP down to it's last bit, and made it fall asleep. I only had one pokeball though... Long story short... It shook 3 times, then shattered my heart when the ball opened. DX Definitely not as bad as other people's FU moments... but I still remember how mad I was that day haha. XD

The Dream World being cancelled. Oh, such a fun way to get new Pokemon and Hidden Abilities. Why Pokemon, why did you get rid of it?!

The Dream World being cancelled. Oh, such a fun way to get new Pokemon and Hidden Abilities. Why Pokemon, why did you get rid of it?!

I agree. Even if it was limited to just one hour a day, it was a great way to get HA pokemon.
I agree. And the real heartbreaker in my case? I was trying desperately to get one last No Guard Golett from the Dream World on the very last day but had absolutely no luck. Kept running into everything else except Golett. fuuuuu.... :bawl:

I didn't walk away empty-handed; I did at least score a Pawniard.

Most of my team fainting in a cave, because Wobbuffet.

In Rumble World, I lost a chance of catching Volcarona, as it turned into money. A visitor offered to let me return to the area to try again.

Decided to use Gutsy++ Geodude to increase wobble chances. Not only did Volcarona refuse to wobble, it destroyed Geodude. What a way to waste 2 Poké Diamonds.

I threw a Quick Ball on the first turn on a Cobalion, and it turned out to be a critical capture. I had been having a rather bad day, so it was nice to see something in my favor.

Then it broke out. Perhaps needless to say, my 3DS and the wall became very close friends that day.

When I finish the elite four and am at the champion with only 1 pokemon in the red up, and I dont have any recovery items :(.

Well... this is a double FUUUU moment for me. I ran into a Durant horde that also had one Heatmor. The thing was, one of the Durants was a Shiny, as was the Heatmor. So I got two Shinies in the same horde. The bad news... the Heatmor takes out the Shiny Durant first with one move, then the other Durants proceed to clobber the Heatmor. So, in short, I not only encountered two Shinies in one horde, I lost BOTH OF THEM!!!

Well... this is a double FUUUU moment for me. I ran into a Durant horde that also had one Heatmor. The thing was, one of the Durants was a Shiny, as was the Heatmor. So I got two Shinies in the same horde. The bad news... the Heatmor takes out the Shiny Durant first with one move, then the other Durants proceed to clobber the Heatmor. So, in short, I not only encountered two Shinies in one horde, I lost BOTH OF THEM!!!
Wall, meet 3DS. 3DS, wall. Hope you guys can spend some quality time together. Damn, that seriously sucks.

Currently, my FUU~!! moment is Kyurem in Rumble World. I just cannot recruit him, no matter how hard I try. All he does is fall over and become money. Even worse? It's 3 Diamonds to get back to that area, so it ain't cheap. I'm blowing gemstones just to watch Kyurem laugh at me.

I've never seen a more horrible shiny story before. What are the odds of two shinies, again?

I've never seen a more horrible shiny story before. What are the odds of two shinies, again?

Your guess is as good as mine. Considering how my luck with shinies is so dismal (even WITH a Shiny Charm AND the Friend Safari, combined), the odds of me running into two shinies in one horde that would happen to contain enemies must be pretty substantial. Guess shinies just hate me, or maybe my luck hates me (which, given how my life plays out, wouldn't be too hard to believe). But if there is some sort of math equation that can calculate such a scenario, I would like to see it, so I'd know how bad my luck is.

I was playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness, and I was going through Dark Crater to go at the final boss. I had to have Cresselia in my party for it, and I'd heard from the internet dwellers that she fainted a lot. However, I had had no problems with her. Dark Crater was super tough, and it was more me and my partner who were dropping dead all the time.
So then I decided to mess with the preferences, and I found an option that prevented party members from attacking if there was something in their way. Stupidly, I thought that if I disabled it, my partner and Cresselia would be able to attack around obstacles. Of course, I disabled it.
Well, I finally made it to the pit, and the cutscene played. I was riveted and totally ready to defeat the boss and his minions. So the battle began...and my partner attacked Cresselia first thing. At that point, I didn't realize what was happening, so I just went ahead and attacked one of the enemies. Then my partner attacked Cresselia again, killing her. Only then did I realize what happened if that option was disabled. -_-
That was a terrible, stupid, 'hit-yourself-on-the-head-and-groan' moment.

...When I noticed I've been trying to breed a shiny for 2 weeks in a row with no luck. x_x It kills my brain but must-not-use-cheating-devices...

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom