• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Playing Super Mystery Dungeon and getting OHKOed by Razor Wind Heliolisk. And 2HKOed by Uproar Noctowl.

I was having a battle with my brother, it was the final turn. My (paralysed) Cofagrigus VS his (burned) Elektross, both in the red. Elektross' burn damage WOULD have killed it at the end of the turn. I command Cofagrigus to use protect. "Cofagrigus is paralysed, it's can't move". Elektross proceeds to flamethrow Cofagrigus to death. It was a well fought battle on both sides though. My bro's come a long way from the chump I could sweep with one Gengar.

I had planted some Enigma Berries recently.. and forgot to water them! :'(

I got Wonder Traded a shiny Metang!

...it's level 100, which means I can never evolve it... :cry:
Do you know if it's legit or hacked one? Metang with eviolite could still be useful, unless you wished for a good-looking shiny Metagross. :)

I was participating in the Festive Feud. Since I'm only there for the Delibird prize, I didn't mind losing 5 matches in a row and the like. I barely had enough competitive pokemon to create a team anyways.

But what made me go FUU was that somehow the Sleep RNG was hating me so much that my pokemon just didn't want to wake up until all 5 turns. It started to get tiring after a while, and I finally snapped when someone sent out the Sketchy Doge with Dark Void. I immediately forfeited because I was so irritated at all the sleep inducing moves, and I do not like Dark Void. I know that it is a legit, legal battle method and all. But personally, if they were going to ban the event legendaries, they should have banned their signature moves as well. But eh, no use ranting over it...

I was participating in the Festive Feud. Since I'm only there for the Delibird prize, I didn't mind losing 5 matches in a row and the like. I barely had enough competitive pokemon to create a team anyways.

But what made me go FUU was that somehow the Sleep RNG was hating me so much that my pokemon just didn't want to wake up until all 5 turns. It started to get tiring after a while, and I finally snapped when someone sent out the Sketchy Doge with Dark Void. I immediately forfeited because I was so irritated at all the sleep inducing moves, and I do not like Dark Void. I know that it is a legit, legal battle method and all. But personally, if they were going to ban the event legendaries, they should have banned their signature moves as well. But eh, no use ranting over it...
I feel ya. It gets even worse in a double battle or the like, when Smeargle w/Dark Void comes out, along with Mega Pidgeot or Machamp or something else with no-guard. It's bad enough with its miss chance but when EVERYTHING hits no matter what. Just brutal.

Still. No. Shiny. Hawlucha.... Fffffff----! I'm slowly losing my patience.

It gets even worse in a double battle or the like, when Smeargle w/Dark Void comes out, along with Mega Pidgeot or Machamp or something else with no-guard..
Thank you for reminding me. Got to battle one team with Dark Void Smeargle in it during Festive Feud. My most imminent defeat ever. :/ ffff- However the trainer had planned it well so good for them!

I participated in Free Doubles for the lolz and got matched with someone who had a Mega Audino, Carbink, and - wait for it - Shedinja

I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain how I ended up dying to a Shedinja with Sturdy. I could make no weather, Mega Audino used Trick Room and paralyzed Shedinja before I could burn it/poison it, I had no one wirh Rough Skin and the like, Shedinja came out last so Spikes/Stealth Rock was useless, I had no Haze, nothing to get rid of its ability, and no one with Pressure to deplete its only viable attacking move (X-Scissor) since its other moves were Swords Dance, Ghost Dive, and Shadow Sneak, but I had three Normal types on my team so...

I was completely owned

Losing a streak of 43 in the Battle Maison due to my 3DS deciding to spontaneously shut itself off(not due to battery either). Thankfully I got back somewhat quickly, and I wasn't going for a record streak anyway, I was only trying to hit 50.

Finding a shiny Hawlucha in the FS WITH its hidden ability. Why is this a FUUU moment? Well, first I tried using a Quick Ball, which failed, so I went with Plan B: Will-O-Wisp. Will-O-Wisp is my usual weakening move when catching lower level Pokemon, which almost always works. I was all set to use my Gardevoir's Will-O-Wisp on it... and I accidentally hit Moonblast instead, brutally KOing it instead. That was my FIRST shiny Hawlucha, a Pokemon I've been hunting for a very long time, and I screwed up so badly instead. *sobs*

When I found out my ruby with a legit self-completed pokedex and shiny oddish on it was fake by having it in my ds while I played diamond. Since diamond was real, it was programmed to delete data on fake gba games. RIP pokedex and shiny oddish.

Finding a shiny Hawlucha in the FS WITH its hidden ability. Why is this a FUUU moment? Well, first I tried using a Quick Ball, which failed, so I went with Plan B: Will-O-Wisp. Will-O-Wisp is my usual weakening move when catching lower level Pokemon, which almost always works. I was all set to use my Gardevoir's Will-O-Wisp on it... and I accidentally hit Moonblast instead, brutally KOing it instead. That was my FIRST shiny Hawlucha, a Pokemon I've been hunting for a very long time, and I screwed up so badly instead. *sobs*
Oh. Oh dear Primus. That sucks so badly and I am so sorry. ;-;

Current FUUUU~!! moment:
Shiny Tyrunt in 132 eggs.
Shiny Pawniard in 277 eggs.
Shiny Golett in... nothing. I've hatched 335 and haven't gotten a shiny yet. Nothing. Doesn't matter that the Masuda rate is now 1/683, I'm not seeing shiny Automaton one. Even worse? I've bred at least two that have absolute zeros in Attack! I'm now worried that I might get a shiny that sucks out loud. :cry:

I have hatched over 2,000 Marill and still no shiny :( (I'm using Masuda method but I don't have the Shiny Charm. I should probably get it but I'm lazy)

Nothing is more infuriating when a legend begins to use Struggle. The first time it happened for me was with Cresselia in ORAS. It's already kinda frustrating when you can only confront her at random times in the game, but her HP was deep in the red, I only had a few Ultra Balls left, and after an intense 15-20 minute battle, "Cresselia used Struggle! *bonks* Cresselia fainted!"

I later had a similar experience with Kyurem in Pokemon Black, and the Pokemon I was using (Dialga - it was the only Pokemon I had that was strong enough to face it at the time) had Pressure - I lost count how many times I had to restart the battle because of Kyurem's already low PP moves being chopped in half.

Words can't even describe...=_=

Last edited:
I was playing Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and I was in Peewee Meadow since there's 4 expeditions in it and 2 of them are Pokemon that wants you to meet up with them. After I met Rotom and he leaves me behind with the monster house, I used a petrified orb to get all of the Pokemon in the room still, but after moving one tile all of the Pokemon in the room starts moving again. A swablu used safe guard so I can't use another petrified orb on them and the stairs is nowhere to be seen on the floor since it's not in the room. Since I can't get away since I'm surrounded, I reset my game and went to do another expedition in another dungeon.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom