• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

One of my Pokemon FireRed runs, Agatha's Haunter kept using Hypnosis on my Vaporeon making me play the PokeFlute. She would keep using Hypnosis making us repeat the cycle. That was just annoying.

Oh, and when I find a Pokemon I want only to find out it has a different ability than that I wanted.

Unleashing a super effective move only to see the opponent hang on with one HP without Sturdy or Endure.

Audino in my White replay. Simply put, Attract and Double Slap spammers. Attract ALWAYS hits the mark, and Double Slap ALWAYS hits five times and ALWAYS hits, no matter the accuracy changes. I can't count how many times I've fallen victim to those two moves on their own, let alone combined. And yet they're the best source of quick grinding in the series. Double-edged swords are always fun, aren't they?

I'm not sure if it counts one of "FUUU" moments but I just realised that, excluding Butterfree, all my masculin-lookin Pokémon are female while the only feminine looking Pokémon, Togepi, is male.

12833204_632334313584727_1902307157_n.jpg

Your Togepi is a playa!!

I've had so many FUUUUUUUU moments in the years I've been playing that I've forgotten them...

Double Slap and Fury Swipes are becoming a major pain in my Gen V runs. They don't have great accuracy or power, but whenever my OPPONENT uses it, it always hits, most of the time ending up as critical hits for each individual strike, sometimes in a row, and it always hits 5 times, even if the Mon in question using it doesn't have Skill Link. The most annoying part, however, is, despite their low power, they always, and I mean ALWAYS knock a teammate down into the yellow, sometimes outright KOing them. Audino and Liepard have become major thorns in my sides with their over-usage of those moves, as they always seem to hit, always hit 5 times, and always knock a Pokemon I'm training down into at least the yellow zone. Heck, even my Caracosta as a Tirtorga has fallen victim to those moves, and he's a ROCK-type, which are resistant to those moves! And yet whenever I use them, they miss 90% of the time and only hit twice at most. NOT FAIR!!!

Every time I see an entire team of Shinies in someone's Secret Base, I die a little inside because I just. Cannot. Find. Shinies. Okay, I actually DO have a Shiny Tangela. I plan on evolving it because the Tangela line looks cool as Shinies.

I also had a guilty moment when I got a Corphish on the GTS. It said "6 IVs HA." I forget what Pokémon they were asking for, but I traded one... And it was a normal Corphish. I realized that I just accidentally screwed over someone who wanted something just as badly as I did. I felt like a total shithead. Either that, or they were lying through their teeth.

Speaking of my quest for HA Corphish, before I finally got one, I ALMOST got a different one. So, of course, I got the "This Pokemon has already been traded" message right when I pressed the trade button. I went through some work finding/breeding (I forget which one) the Pokémon they were asking for all for nothing.

Last edited:
Double Slap and Fury Swipes are becoming a major pain in my Gen V runs. They don't have great accuracy or power, but whenever my OPPONENT uses it, it always hits, most of the time ending up as critical hits for each individual strike, sometimes in a row, and it always hits 5 times, even if the Mon in question using it doesn't have Skill Link. The most annoying part, however, is, despite their low power, they always, and I mean ALWAYS knock a teammate down into the yellow, sometimes outright KOing them. Audino and Liepard have become major thorns in my sides with their over-usage of those moves, as they always seem to hit, always hit 5 times, and always knock a Pokemon I'm training down into at least the yellow zone. Heck, even my Caracosta as a Tirtorga has fallen victim to those moves, and he's a ROCK-type, which are resistant to those moves! And yet whenever I use them, they miss 90% of the time and only hit twice at most. NOT FAIR!!!
These kind of things are quite common actually.

For example....
KeWzazJ.jpg

In Heart Gold, I sent Gyarados against Lance's Aerodactyl because Water beats Rock, unfortunately, I didn't know Aerodactyl had Thunder Fang...

Speaking of my quest for HA Corphish, before I finally got one, I ALMOST got a different one. So, of course, I got the "This Pokemon has already been traded" message right when I pressed the trade button. I went through some work finding/breeding (I forget which one) the Pokémon they were asking for all for nothing.
There are no words to describe how frustrating that is. I've run into it multiple times on the GTS and oh my Primus, I want to scream "If it's not there, don't show it to me!" :mad:

Current "FUUUU~!!" moment:
Uxie on Shuffle. I lost count of how many times I tried that stupid stage and all for naught. I even blew coins on the stage--tried using the Mega Start, Disruption Delay and Attack Power + or whatever it is-- thinking that would help but I was never able to beat it. I never want to see Uxie ever again. I hate the stupid thing now.
banghead.gif

So I entered the hax Battle Maison today, and I was doing great until I went up against a Piloswine. I was like, "okay, I can beat this thing." Then it used Hail. I just said "Oh, I hate hail - I wasn't using any Ice-types." So I switched in Greninja and tried to take it down with Surf. Because of Snow Cloak, it missed. It tried to use Fissure, but it missed. Then I tried Surf AGAIN, and guess what? It messed! And THEN the damn thing used Fissure and IT ACTUALLY HIT. So then I switched back to Gengar, and tried to use Focus Miss Blast. Naturally, BOTH of the times I used it missed, and Gengar went down after two Stone Edges. All I had left was Garchomp, and since the hail had stopped, I tried Fire Blast. It didn't even knock off half of the Piloswine's health and it just used a Super-Effective Blizzard, KOing Garchomp. I don't think I've ever been as pissed off at a Pokemon game as I was at that moment.

Since I don't have time to go for both Lugia and Ho-oh in Pokemon Shuffle, I decided to give up on Lugia because I already have good fliers on my team. I'm going for Ho-oh, but it just won't get caught D:

Again in Sapphire, I defeated Team Aqua at their Lilycove Hideout, but didn't know the Master Ball was in there. When I found out that's where it was, I went back only to find the entrance sealed up.

mine is currently now in Alpha Sapphire. Can't seem to get an Adamant Mudkip, no matter HOW MANY times i soft-reset. i've lost count of the amount of times i soft-resetted.

Trying to find a shiny Swablu in the guaranteed 100% Swablu hordes on the small patch of grass north of the southern Meteor Falls entrance...

And I'm really exhausted after 50 hordes and no shiny.

Reached the end of Wish Cave, battled Jirachi with the aim to recruit it, fought evenly despite a massive level disadvantage... then that little twit knocks itself out with Double-Edge, meaning no recruitment. Now I gotta go through that hellhole again... Fuck...

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom