• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

I had such a moment the other day. While playing Pokémon Yellow, I decided to look for a Dratini to add to my party. The very first Pokémon I found in that Safari Game was a Lv. 10 Dratini. I ended up using every single one of my Safari Balls in a futile attempt to catch it, but it burst out after the first wobble. Every. Single. Time. It didn't flee. It just refused to budge. That Dratini was the biggest troll I've ever encountered in any Safari Game throughout my entire experience with the Pokémon franchise. :p

Not telling Cliff about the job at the winery in Friends of Mineral Town! I had no idea that it'd make him leave town forever!
Soooo of course I had to start a new game, do all my crops and achievements over, court my chosen bachelorette all over again, just because I liked Cliff so much I didn't want him to leave.

Ash-Greninja is starting to be a pain for me. Even when I was trying to use a super-effective team in all sorts of ways (M-sceptile all grass team, M-Amphy all electric team) it's just not doing enough damage to get to the capture scene. Heck, I've tried Mega Aero as well, but apparently that wasn't enough.

I'm waiting for those hearts to fill up so I can grind at Meowth and have another go with M-Gengar in the lead.

So I entered the hax Battle Maison today, and I was doing great until I went up against a Piloswine. I was like, "okay, I can beat this thing." Then it used Hail. I just said "Oh, I hate hail - I wasn't using any Ice-types." So I switched in Greninja and tried to take it down with Surf. Because of Snow Cloak, it missed. It tried to use Fissure, but it missed. Then I tried Surf AGAIN, and guess what? It messed! And THEN the damn thing used Fissure and IT ACTUALLY HIT. So then I switched back to Gengar, and tried to use Focus Miss Blast. Naturally, BOTH of the times I used it missed, and Gengar went down after two Stone Edges. All I had left was Garchomp, and since the hail had stopped, I tried Fire Blast. It didn't even knock off half of the Piloswine's health and it just used a Super-Effective Blizzard, KOing Garchomp. I don't think I've ever been as pissed off at a Pokemon game as I was at that moment.
Ah, the Hax--I mean Battle!--Maison. There are no words to describe how much I hate that place. Or how badly it stings losing to a freaking Lumineon who only sits there and smirks at you as you helplessly watch your team suffer and die. :mad:

Latest FUUUU~!!:
820 eggs hatched and I have NO. SHINY. CHIMCHAR. This is getting beyond ridiculous. I'm starting to think that I'm going to hit over 1K eggs and nothing. I am getting so sick of this shiny hunt....!

Ah, the Hax--I mean Battle!--Maison. There are no words to describe how much I hate that place. Or how badly it stings losing to a freaking Lumineon who only sits there and smirks at you as you helplessly watch your team suffer and die. :mad:

Latest FUUUU~!!:
820 eggs hatched and I have NO. SHINY. CHIMCHAR. This is getting beyond ridiculous. I'm starting to think that I'm going to hit over 1K eggs and nothing. I am getting so sick of this shiny hunt....!
Same, I had been hatching Charmander for a few weeks and got 16 boxes and still no shiny! :(

FUUU so many updates in Shuffle! I don't enough hearts, and I don't have enough gold... the Meowth stage in Mobile is hellish with the blocks spawning on coins, and I haven't caught Ash Greninja yet... I wish they'd slow down and give the players enough time ;_;

Which to go for first - Zygarde Perfect Form or Ash Greninja?

Last edited:
Ah, the Hax--I mean Battle!--Maison. There are no words to describe how much I hate that place. Or how badly it stings losing to a freaking Lumineon who only sits there and smirks at you as you helplessly watch your team suffer and die.
So true. I'm almost ready to snap and use a Choice Scarved Truant Durant with Entrainment alongside a setup sweeper with Protect, the closest thing there is to cheating without actually cheating. The Hax Maison deserves it.

Hax Maison, the only place I feel it is acceptable to use Megangaskhan, Primal Groudon, and Megaquaza.
I may take two of those guys and do a run-through on my OR. I need to get the Expert Battler Ribbon on my Golurk and I just want two heavy hitters to take out most of the competition while Riser sits on the bench to claim his prize. It might be kinda cheap but Riser seriously deserves that Ribbon. (He carried me through Unova and this is one of the ways I can show the Poke World that I love him.)

I caught a shiny Golurk in my Friend Safari! He's Adamant with Iron Fist!
....most of his stats are in the freaking toilet. And he's perfect in Special Attack but not Attack. FUUUUUUUUUU~!!!!

My Black + Blue 2DS isn't doing so good, meaning I have to do a transfer as soon as possible in order to salvage my entire game library on it. Luckily, my Yellow 2DS (the Pokémon 20th Anniversary one) only has two games on it, meaning only two save files will be erased...but one of them is Pokémon Yellow Version. Also, if I ever replace my console and transfer off of it, the Pokémon Yellow 3DS theme will be transferred away from my Yellow 2DS.

Alternatively, I could transfer to my White + Red 2DS, meaning my Pokémon Yellow save data and theme will be kept on my Yellow 2DS, but I'll forfeit my Pokémon Red save data, my Nintendo Network ID privileges and a number of other games. Either way, it's a "FUUUUU" moment to be sure.

My Black + Blue 2DS isn't doing so good, meaning I have to do a transfer as soon as possible in order to salvage my entire game library on it. Luckily, my Yellow 2DS (the Pokémon 20th Anniversary one) only has two games on it, meaning only two save files will be erased...but one of them is Pokémon Yellow Version. Also, if I ever replace my console and transfer off of it, the Pokémon Yellow 3DS theme will be transferred away from my Yellow 2DS.

Alternatively, I could transfer to my White + Red 2DS, meaning my Pokémon Yellow save data and theme will be kept on my Yellow 2DS, but I'll forfeit my Pokémon Red save data, my Nintendo Network ID privileges and a number of other games. Either way, it's a "FUUUUU" moment to be sure.
Nintendo eshop allows you to redownload games into the game system once you transfer into that system. I done it after I transferred my 3DS data into my Pokemon 20 anniversary New3DS to get Pokemon Red and Blue back in for free. Any game you bought from eShop in hew past, Nintendo Network lets you redownload them for free.

Nintendo eshop allows you to redownload games into the game system once you transfer into that system. I done it after I transferred my 3DS data into my Pokemon 20 anniversary New3DS to get Pokemon Red and Blue back in for free. Any game you bought from eShop in hew past, Nintendo Network lets you redownload them for free.
While that's true, the save data of those games would be erased, meaning that you'd need to restart them after redownloading them.

Training my Charmeleon is frustrating now, I'm doing some grinding outside of Celadon City (currently level 25 as of this post), I keep running into Pidgey. Wouldn't be so bad if not for Sand-Attack, but it gets worse when their health is so low...that EXP is almost mine...

...then they use Whirlwind. Gee, thanks for wasting my PP, you winged morons.

I ended up doing the transfer from my old system to my Pokémon Yellow one. There was only one problem, and it's a doozy: my Pokémon Yellow 20th Anniversary theme (my favourite) has been deleted with no way to recover it. I contacted Nintendo Australia a few days ago about my issue to see if there was any way to recover my theme or receive a new code, so they took my details and the serial numbers of both consoles.

I was informed that they would investigate the issue (which they called an "unusual scenario") and that they would call me back once they had any information, which I was told might take a few days. I received the phone call no more than five minutes later, and was simply told there was nothing they could do.

After searching Google for a solution a few minutes ago, I found various posts from people in North America with the same issue, except that they were given replacement codes by their regional Nintendo! I'm starting to think that Nintendo doesn't care about its Oceanic fans... :cry:

Apparently, Sun and Moon has access to a Mega Stone called Golurkinite! And I found one on the demo I had downloaded!

...I woke up within three seconds of that discovery. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~!!!!!!!

If a dream is a wish your heart makes, then our hearts are the trolls of human anatomy.

HOWEVER! If it turns out such a stone exists in the final game, then you had a premonition.

I finally put a Pokemon game back into my 3DS a few days ago, and finally put in my Darkrai code (around May 31, too late to get a new one), scratch off the sticker covering the code, and guess what's under the sticker? Did you guess "nothing"? Because that's what it was. The first Darkrai I've been able to get, and I STILL COULDN'T GET IT, 'CAUSE THERE WAS NO F*CKING CODE!

Also all of the Shinx I've been breeding have Rivalry instead of Intimidate.

What always makes me want to punch my 3ds screen is when I battle Steven and his metagross is at ONE hp and he uses a full restore......

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom