• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

My tied battle with Palmer in Pokémon Platinum. He takes the win anyway. Fuck you Palmer, it was my Torterra's Wood Hammer that demolished your Rhyperior and you know it. That win was mine.

I recently had my Battle Maison streak ended by an opposing Rhydon who activated Quick Claw 3 times in a row and wiped the floor with everyone.

I've since adjusted my team to be more balanced, and not so easily beaten by such hacks, but that was about as close as Pokemon has come in recent history to making me go ballistic. :p

Last edited:
Catching Mew on Yellow. It went something like this:
*throws Poke Ball* "You missed!" Wat...?
*throws another Poke Ball* "You missed!" ...dafuq...?
*throws third Ball* "You missed!" SCREW IT. SPARKS--my Pikachu--PARALYZE THIS LITTLE SNOT.
Eleven balls later: *click* Me: ....finally....!!

More of a realisation that I'm an idito tbh, but I just spend hours looking for a Pokémon with Synchronize and a Bold nature. This is already a lot easier due to DexNav. However nearly one and a half box full of Synchronize Pokémon later, I still dont have one with a Bold nature.

And now I just realised I could have simply bred one, considering half of that box is female

At the same time I was trying to evokve my Woobat, which I had moved from Y to AS via Bank. Buuuuut I didnt know about the friendship glitch in Bank, so my attempts were quite fruitless (until I googled it)

I mostly play Gen. I and II nowadays. maybe nostalgia, but I really like them a lot.

Anyway, in my youth, I would let my little brother play Crystal sometimes. One day, I turned my GB on, and found to my horror that he'd released my Typhlosion.
In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have let him near it since he couldn't read yet.

Another moment was of course after the Lance battle in Red/Blue: "There is yet another trainer you must face!"

Another moment was when I found a shiny Heracross right as my parents were getting back from the grocery store. They didn't want me to be playing my game boy during weekdays, so I had to turn it off and lose the Heracross D:

Yet another moment was trying to beat Whitney's Miltank. With a Quilava. And nothing else.
Also it knew rollout and milk drink.

Currently experiencing one as well in Gold, because while for a long time my two eevees in the daycare were producing eggs every two or three minutes, it's now been around three hours since the last egg appeared. I'm trying for two perfect or near-perfect stat Eevees to turn into Espeon and Vaporeon; possibly a third for Umbreon -_-

Kinda weird how my play style has gotten so much more involved as I grew up. Probably a lot to do with my budding interest in programming and a generally better knowledge of strategies.

Last edited:
While filling up slots in my National Dex in AS, I was trying to raise a Tyrouge to become a Hitmonlee. However, even with the use of leftover vitamins, I kept getting Hitmonchans instead as the Defense stat would suddenly jump up at the last level each and every time. And do note that I wasn't battling any Pokemon that gave Defense EVs nor did any of the Tyrouges having Defense-increasing Natures, mostly it was the switch in-switch out of battle tactic with a Lucky Egg to speed up the process. Finally, after the third failed attempt, I, wanting to check what Pokemon were left in my quest, opened up my National Pokedex and realized that I already HAD Hitmonlee's data. Needless to say, all that time trying to get a Hitmonlee was wasted as I already had the blasted data on it, along with the meaningless exhaustion of several Proteins. Not to mention ending up with three Hitmonchans with the name "Lee" (yeah, very original, I know).

I was battling in the battle maison. I only had my Aegislash left. Then the opponent sends out a Ludicolo with raindish, Leech seed, and holding a leftover. Every time Aegislash would hit it, it would recover in one turn. On top of that, Aegislash was also holding a leftover, and Ludicolo couldn't knock it out either. Then I turned the game off, to get out of the battle, but I realized that I would lose 40 bp:mad:.

When you're training your Pokemon for the up coming gym battle and when one of your Pokemon gets a wild Pokemon to like 1hp left, the wild Pokemon uses endeavor and you only have a few potions with you, and this happens at least once.

When you accidentally run away from a shiny Larvesta.

(Then you realize this was the 8th one you've seen so you just laugh afterwards).

Finally managing to evolve my Abra in my Sun game, getting myself hype over the surge of power that I'll get from it, only to find out that it has learned Kinesis, & not Confusion. That meant it was still effectively as weak as a kitten for several more levels...

I nearly cried myself to sleep at the time.

The fight with Faba and having my Incineroar fall to Hypnosis not once, not twice but THREE TIMES IN A FREAKING ROW. I call Tauros droppings on that one. And if I could slap an NPC, I would so slap Faba for that garbage.

A minor FFFUUU, but finding out Apricorn Balls only come in 1 of each in Sun/Moon. I've wasted a Moon Ball on a female Mimikyu, but at least I got it in a Level Ball, hence the reason it's a minor FFFUUU.

I fished up Corsola, but had to leave to do chores. When I came back, I found that my 2DS had slipped off the desk and the SD card popped out. Probably the charger pulled it down.

So much for all that fishing. At least I didn't lose my save file.

Yesterday a shiny Pyukumuku showed up on my Poke Pelago. I was like *squeee*, and posted in the shiny encounters thread. So why am I here? It's gone this morning. :(

I have such rubbish luck with shinies, unlike apparently everyone else around here. Hours and hours and days and weeks running around in Friend Safaris = 0 shinies. Masuda Method breeding with shiny charm for daaaaaaaaaaaaays and weeeeeeeeks = 0 shinies. I have encountered only five shinies in my entire lifetime. Two were in the Johto Safari Zone (or whatever they call it in HG/SS), which of course ran away from me so I couldn't catch them, and then yesterday's Poke Pelago trolling. *sigh*

Trying to catch Beldum is a complete pain in the ass. I've paralyzed it, had the health down to red, and I've already wasted about 30 Ultra Balls and an hour of my time trying to get just one. I still have yet to succeed. That catch rate of 3 is absolutely ridiculous for a Pokemon like this. I mean, Metagross isn't THAT legendary compared to other pseudo-legendary Pokemon with a higher catch rate.

Accidentally used my only Fast Ball on a Bonsly when I meant to use a regular Pokeball. I still caught it, but I would have preferred it if I hadn't used it.

Trying to catch Beldum is a complete pain in the ass. I've paralyzed it, had the health down to red, and I've already wasted about 30 Ultra Balls and an hour of my time trying to get just one. I still have yet to succeed. That catch rate of 3 is absolutely ridiculous for a Pokemon like this. I mean, Metagross isn't THAT legendary compared to other pseudo-legendary Pokemon with a higher catch rate.
Putting it to sleep would be a little better, that and being frozen raise the catch rate more than paralysis. I've used Breloom's Spore many times throughout X and OR for this purpose.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom