• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

I really hate the Ultra Beasts, especially when I see them in battles. It's mostly because I'm always losing to them - especially Celeestia (or whatever heck the armory pokemon is called). It's in nearly every battle - like, 99% of the time, and I'm sick of Battle Spot already just because of her.
I believe you're referring to "Celesteela". She is a bit of an annoyance. On the plus side, while she is both strong and bulky, she's slow, if you can get a quick, strong, Fire or Electric Type attack in you'll be in a good way (My personal favourite is my Electric Silvally's Thunderbolt).

Unfortunately I may have already fallen to the dark side. I've been using a Kartana in the Alola Friendlies after I just threw it in since I desperately needed a 6th Pokemon, and it's been incredible so far. I tend to refrain from using Legendaries and the like but I've had a taste of the power and I'm not sure I'll be able to come out the other side with my morals intact.

EDIT: When you drop from a rating of 1,560 down to around 1,490 in the Alola Friendlies since you wanted to do battles that day instead of just sitting on your nice and comfy 1,560, and you kept believing that you could make those points back, and now you're finishing the tourney with 1,490 points.

Last edited:
I officially hate Porygon2, it ruined my Destiny Tower run at 84F. Porygon-Z is still awesome but its pre-evo can now go die in a fire.

Finding out I need to play the Super Rank in the Battle Tree to recruit characters like Cynthia and Wally... This is gonna be fun /sarcasm
Not only that, but when you team up with them, they'll only use the first two pokemon they used when you scouted them. So chances are, you might get stuck with a Wally that doesn't have a Gallade or a Cynthia that doesn't have a Garchomp. If you want to change their teams, you have to keep re-scouting them until they have the pokemon you want on the first two spots. :/

Also, that moment when Colress had his Metagross use Explosion in Multi-Battles and promptly killed my pokemon, which had moves that could defeat the opponents. I thought the power of science was supposed to be smarter -.- The more frustrating part is that my Mimikyu was waiting in the back.

Needless to say I lost.

Last edited:
I have like a box full of Piplup Breedjects. Half of them didn't even need to exist and were only bred so I could breed a female Aqua Ring Piplup with my already amazing Empoleon. Ah well, into Wonder Trade they go.
Not only that, but when you team up with them, they'll only use the first two pokemon they used when you first scouted them. So chances are, you might get stuck with a Wally that doesn't have a Gallade or a Cynthia that doesn't have a Garchomp. If you want to change their teams, you have to keep re-scouting them until they have the pokemon you want on the first two spots. :/

Also, that moment when Colress had his Metagross use Explosion in Multi-Battles and promptly killed my pokemon, which had moves that could defeat the opponents. I thought the power of science was supposed to be smarter -.- The more frustrating part is that my Mimikyu was waiting in the back.

Needless to say I lost.
DAMN! Now I'm glad my Colress doesn't have Metagross.

Fighting Toxapex in online battles. It's really a cheap Pokemon if you don't have anything to counter it. I see it becoming a mainstay in competitions with the likes of Mega Kangashkan, Aegislash, and Therian Landorus.

Wasting hours upon hours upon hours breeding for a specific nature only to find out that having one of them hold an Everstone will transfer the nature.

Haha, wow, who would do that? (Hides Driftblim and AMuk with same/similar strategy-it's for the Battle Tree, I swear!)

My one and only loss in Moon. My pokemon are all worn out from the Poni Gauntlet, all I have left are my araquanid, decidueye, and kommo-o, decidueye on critical HP. I see the entrance to the battle tree, and expecting to find a pokemon center or at least a PC inside, I charge in. Suddenly, I hear Gary's theme from Gen 1, and I think Oh Shit. And then you get no chance to refuse the battle, it's just red or blue and that's your option. I put up a hard fight against red, and I survive until the snorlax tanks my attacks and body slams me to death

At Ratings, I kept getting matched with people who have teams consisted of Tapus and Ultra Beasts ... and they completely slaughtered my team.

:/ I hope they host another Scrappy Skirmish event where the top twelve most used are banned...

^^^ Using Tapus/Ultra Beasts = unfun time. Christ, whatever happened to using your favorites to win instead of what's in the stats? Unless you actually consider the Tapus/UBs your favorites (which I doubt), I just assume I'm going to lose as soon as I see my opponent having two or more on their teams. I get it. It's Ratings matches and you want to get to the top, but still... I get really smug when I beat a team of Tapus/UBs with my team of regulars UU, NUs, and OUs, but it's rare.

For my FUUUUUU moment today, I really wish that GF didn't go back to the Gen V way of getting experience points. It makes things longer, more tedious, more boring, and more of a headache than it should be. I want to use my damn bottle caps but since they have to be at level 100, well... thanks for the old Gen V system of leveling up, Game Freak. Couldn't be more unhelpful.

Just happened in the battle tree. We were both down to our last Pokémon. My Wobbufett vs his Aggron. The Aggron knows Stealth rock, protect, metal burst and roar. My Wobbufett knows mirror coat, counter, encode and safeguard. No attacks that can be used. Sat there for over five minutes, going back and forth with failing moves. Eventually forfeited. This happened on break at work moments ago.

My biggest FUUUUUUUUUUU moment occurred back in '98 in a sleepy little town of Ames. My best friend and I went along with my parents to watch my sister play soccer in one tournament or another and as a reward we were allowed to look around the one local mall they had. We looked around and my friend decided to pick up this new Game Boy game that we'd heard about recently. On the drive home, he let my try out this obnoxious little game called Pokémon Red and I've been hemorrhaging money and time ever since.

All I have left is Roserade, paralysed and with red HP and is paralysed. Out comes Vespiquen, I'm like "yep I lose". However... it has only Defend Order, Toxic, Healing Order and Protect. When I put it to sleep I'm parahaxed most of the time and it just heals itself. 50 billion turns later it kills itself with struggle whilst all I had left was one Extrasensory and a few Sleep Powder. Also it got three protects off in a row

Nothing like having an hour and a half long attempt at getting a hidden ability hakamo o through SOS chaining fail due to a kommo o showing up and ruining the whole thing. -_- *SCREAMING INTERNALLY*

My Theta Emerald EX Nuzlocke was going so, so well. I caught tons of exciting Pokemon, some solid natures on the said Pokemon, and nearly everything on my team were things that 1. I've never used before, or 2. Underestimated in the past and I'm hoping this run will make me look at them better. Sure, given I had a few deaths against the Fighting leader, but I didn't care. I knew I'd get something better to avenge them and so I did get a Solosis, something I've never used before because It's a version exclusive to a version I've never picked, and wanted to use because of Reuniclus's monstrous HP and Special attack stats.

Aaaaand somehow I overwrote the save file I got the Solosis from. Why? I dunno. I eventually re-did the gym battle(the latest save file before the deleted one was just before the gym, meaning I have to live with zombie-mons before making up a death for them. sigh.) and headed off to the cycling route. about 24 or so encounters later, no Solosis. I eventually looked it up, and yes. It was a 4% encounter.

How bad is it though? I then went and cought the first thing I encountered after realising that(a Trubbish), angrily jokingly name her 'Useless' and proceed to grind her off the museum grunts because I was too lazy to grind in the cave, and of course she died. I'd rather fracture a bone than properly grind a pure Poison type in a cave full of ground mons. This happened several days ago and I haven't touched the run since, which sucks because all my remaining mons were so awesome and I really want to use them again. Pah.

I was breeding for an Aerodactyl wanting a Jolly nature. Problem is I had no Ditto with a Jolly nature and the only Aerodactyl I had was male, so I couldn't use a female Flying Egg Group Pokemon to breed with it. So, I decided to breed the Aerodactyl with a Ditto with perfect stats but no Jolly nature hoping to find one by chance. 2 hours of hatching the damn eggs... nothing. I did get a Timid nature, which is the exact opposite of Jolly, but whatever. I was getting really frustrated with the whole ordeal since I seemed to be getting every single nature on Aerodactyl except Jolly! My brain, being that it fails at putting 2 and 2 together sometimes, got the idea to get one of the female Aerodactyls that I got through breeding and breed it with a Jolly male Flying Egg Group Pokemon if I had one. I didn't, of damn course.

I only got lucky thanks to Pokemon Bank and a Fletchling I got in X. 3 hours of messing around and all it amounted to was an anticlimactic ending of finally getting an Aerodactyl with a Jolly nature. Stupid waste of time.

Today I saw this dude with a Purrloin, and that’s like, my fav Pokémon, yo, so I went to go and steal it but this guy kicked my ass, so lame :/

Plumeria went and beat him up after that tho, she’s the best.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom