• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Also, every time I'm about to start a random casual wi-fi battle and I see Landorus-T in my opponent's team preview, I rage. I hate that OP sunnuvabitch.
Ah, yes. Landorus-T. I raged so much at it wrecking havoc that I bred a Competitive Milotic just to counter it. It was a sweet addition to my team and I always carried it around, one-shotting Landorus-T with an Ice Beam powered up from the free Special Attack boost.

Recent FUU moment:
Accidentally threw a Moon Ball instead of a Dusk Ball at a pokemon. Of course it breaks out, and I didn't want to waste the rare Apricorn balls. So I soft-resetted - going all the way back to the beginning of the route with all the trainers unfought D:

This is a double FUUUU moment for me. To start things off, in my recently restarted spare Y version (I wanted a change of pace, plus having a cold means I have a lot of free time on my hands), I was searching for a Mawile in Glitter Cave, as it was the last one on my list to catch. All I ran into were Machops at each and every shadowy spot. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE!!! I entered and exited several times in order to find that blasted Mawile, but I kept getting Machop instead! I was about to blow a gasket when I finally ran into one. And it was a shiny to boot. Sadly, the Poke-Gods decided to mess with me further. I used my Inkay's Foul Play (I figured since Mawile is a Fairy Mon, a Dark move wouldn't do too much damage). I ended up KOing it in one hit with a badly timed critical hit. So not only was all that searching for nothing, but I missed out on a shiny to boot. I swear, the Poke-Gods just love to mock me. In the end I traded a spare Mawile from another version into this version just to fill out the dex data, but I was pretty miffed that, not only did the Machops mock me by harassing me, but when I finally found my target, it turned out to be a shiny, yet my prey still got away.

The man in Camphrier Town wanted to see a fighting type. I'm like, "I don't have a fighting type yet, so no free berry today". I accidentally step into the purple flowers on Route 7, found a Croagunk, caught it and showed it to the guy. I deposited Croagunk only to find a Riolu in the PC. I just obliterated my already low supply of Pokeballs for almost nothing.

So I was going through Pokemon X three years ago and I was just going through the grass of Route 10 when I saw a SHINY SIGILYPH. I was so excited when I saw it that I wanted to jump around the room and went to catch it. Said sigilyph proceeded to resist capture before forcing me out of the battle with whirlwind. When I saw that move being used, I wanted to cry. I did get a shiny scatterbug not long after so I’m not as sad that I didn’t capture that sigilyph..

In the battle against Professor Sycamore in Couriway Town, I used Dig against Charizard...

I was also making beds in Hotel Richissime and earned the lowest compensation because I wasted time talking to the NPCs.

1065 Eggs hatched in Ultra Moon using the Masuda Method.
Still no shiny. -_-
never-tell-me-the-odds-gif-4.gif

The Great Marsh today in Platinum was just evil to me. Pure evil. While my luck is never super, I don't normally have this much trouble in the Great Marsh. It took 12 soft-resets and half a day to meet the blasted 5 Mon quota to get the kissy-kissy Matchup Checker app. The Yanma there were particularly malicious to me. They showed up frequently, but burst out of the Safari Ball even more frequently. I swear, the bug was just mocking me all day. To twist the knife in even further, one was a shiny. Yeah, a Shiny Yanma, which would've been my third shiny in this run. "Would've" being the operative word here. It plays out like this: Ball --> burst out right away --> runs. I finally met the 5 Mon quota (actually catching 6, as I, by chance, ran into Tropius, which the binoculars never informed me of), but like I said, it took 12 soft-resets and half a day just to do so. I still have yet to obtain all the items there, too, but I'll save that for another day... when I'm a bit calmer and don't have to worry about any dumb quotas.

When you accidentally tell your Zorua not to learn Foul Play, because it's too reliant on the opponent. But the second you push the button you realise "Fuck, Zorua barely has an attack stat anyway, at least if you take the opponent's it might go well." This is why I wish the kept the "Are you sure you don't wanna learn Foul Play?" question.

Running into a shiny Bidoof within the first 15 minutes of a new Platinum run... and I didn't have any Poke Balls to use. I was just moments away from the infamous "catching tutorial" part of all Pokemon games, and it HAD to show up then. I sadly had to KO it for EXP, since there was nothing else I could do. If that damn buck-toothed rodent just waited one more minute I could've caught it. Looks like my luck with shinies is back to where is should be now, especially after the almost endless good luck I had in my White rerun in that regard. I almost fear what awaits me in Geodude/Graveler territory, as they ALWAYS blow up before I can nab them (with one exception), just to mock me. So it's back to the status quo for me and shinies.

Latest Maison run: I was 17 battles away from the Chatelaine and the AI screwed me hard. So I gotta restart the run if I want my Golurk to get that bloody ribbon. Again. Primus, I hate the Maison. :mad:

And since Gen VIII isn't until next year, I have some time.

I have never been more frustrated with this series than when I tried getting a Feebas and a Spiritomb back in the days of Diamond and Pearl. It was SO FREAKIN' OBNOXIOUS! I guess I wasn't lucky enough to catch Feebas because for literally years I never encountered a single one in that stupid lake. I also recall my Pokewalker dying before I could get Spiritomb and not having the patience to do the underground thing in Diamond and Pearl. I just gave up and had my friend breed me an egg and then I go lucky when they made Feebas a regular catch in Black and White.

1- Spending six hours looking for an Eevee at Paniola Ranch. I never appeared so I had to resort to the GTS.
2- Spending 3 hours looking for a Bagon at Route 3. Thankfully, I managed to catch one.
3-"X used Stone Edge. Charizard fainted." This always happens in my Charizard-only playthrough, and no matter how large is the level difference, or how low is its accuracy, it always works. And it will be worse when I have to play my Butterfree-only playthrough.

Running into a shiny Bidoof within the first 15 minutes of a new Platinum run... and I didn't have any Poke Balls to use. I was just moments away from the infamous "catching tutorial" part of all Pokemon games, and it HAD to show up then. I sadly had to KO it for EXP, since there was nothing else I could do. If that damn buck-toothed rodent just waited one more minute I could've caught it. Looks like my luck with shinies is back to where is should be now, especially after the almost endless good luck I had in my White rerun in that regard. I almost fear what awaits me in Geodude/Graveler territory, as they ALWAYS blow up before I can nab them (with one exception), just to mock me. So it's back to the status quo for me and shinies.

I've seen others post about finding a shiny at the beginning of the game, before access to pokeballs. I always thought "There's no way, no freaking way someone could be so unlucky."
I enjoy replaying through old gens quite often. I am always playing through some gen of a Pokemon game at any given time. This morning I finished replaying through Moon and decided it was Gen 4's turn for a replay. I booted up Diamond, chose Chimchar, and ran across a shiny Starly as my 4th wild encounter while making my way to Sandgem Town. I watched him slide onto my screen and thought "his colors look kind of different than I thought", but I didn't know off the top of my head what the Starly line looks like shiny. Sure enough, those little sparkles spun around him, and I've spent the last few minutes saying "I can't believe that just happened. I can't believe that just happened."
I've been playing Pokemon for over 20 years now, ran across a handful of shinies in the wild, but dude. This one hurt. No possibility at all of catching him hahaha

Was desperate to catch my first Eevee in Moon. Happened to have a really shitty team with me and Eevee wouldn't stop SOS calling for other Eevees all the time. It never ended. I had bought a lot of pokeballs to be ready for any cool pokemon or whatever, but managed to spend them all on that one Eevee. Managed to catch him in the end but I was so angry I named him Satan.

When I lost to Elesa, when i shiny hunted for fennekin but got a random shiny pumpkaboo instead. And the Zubats...

This was something from a few years ago which still slightly stings today. A Stunfisk ended my longest Battle Maison streak.

By landing a Fissure.

On my Mega Gengar.

I can't even blame or hate the Stunfisk; that loss was entirely on my head for thinking I didn't need Levitate in this battle. What an embarrassing misplay...

Welp, the RNG gods really had fun with me today. I started a run of HG, with a Quirky Cyndaquill, and set out. But as fate would have it, I had, not one, but TWO "FUUUUUU" moments, all within the first 35 minutes of gameplay.

I had just beaten my soon-to-be rival and was heading back to Prof. Elm. I went through the grass, as I wanted my Cyndaquill to gain Ember (he was just 2 EXP away from a Level Up, the very Level Up that would grant me Ember), so I thought it would be okay to sniff out a com Mon for those last 2 EXP. And wouldn't ya know it... the first thing I encountered was a SHINY Sentret. Talk about cruel. I had no choice but to defeat it, as this was all before the "capture tutorial" bit, which makes that the 3rd time that happened as of recent. But there was nothing else I could do, so I beat it to gain those last lousy points for Ember.

Finally, I got my first batch of Poke Balls and started hunting. And behold! A wild SHINY Rattata appeared. I thought, "This time I'll get it!" Boy, was I wrong. I had 2 remaining Balls left. One Tackle was all it took to put it in the red. So I chucked a Ball. Wiggle... Wiggle... Wiggle... POP! It burst out! Now I was dead nervous, so I threw my last Ball. Wiggle... Wiggle... Wiggle... POP! AGAIN! That meant I was out of Balls to catch it. I was so furious that I rage KOed it. That was the second Shiny in less than an hour of gameplay that I had run into and lost both of them in the end. I just KNEW that the RNG gods were mocking me, which makes me dread going into Geodude territory, which is another common Shiny for me (though this time might not be too bad, as none of them know Self-Destruct until a lot later, so I might be spared there... "Might" is the keyword here, as it could very well go south like these other two). So, in the end, I started my new run in Johto, and ended up losing two Shiny Mons within the first hour of gameplay. Talk about a bad way to start a journey...

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom