• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

On my first every playthrough of Pokemon Crystal, when I found that shiny Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. I didn't exactly know what to expect as it was my first playthrough but when i saw it in the lake and surfed over to it, i had a heart attack. I honestly thought that the red Gyarados was just a color pallet glitch, not a shiny. Still, when I saw it, I needed it. But that thing plowed through my team like it was nothing. I used an ultra ball and 6 normal pokeballs ad that wasn't enough. Angered, I hit the reset button and wound up at Olivine City....I forgot to save. And I didn't want to spend the time walking back there just to catch it and a fail again, so I just put the game down.

Just when I was beginning to enjoy Heart Gold, my second ever main series playthrough, the game glitches and I lost my progress...
I really don’t feel like restarting so I'll probably play it later, after Generation 5. Oh well...

On a side note, which game would you recommend me to play? White or White 2? I care more for the story and not much for competitive in these playthroughs.

On a side note, which game would you recommend me to play? White or White 2? I care more for the story and not much for competitive in these playthroughs.
Personally, I'd advise White. Being a sequel, White 2 requires knowledge of White to properly understand. I personally feel like the story of the first pair is a bit better as well, but that's just my opinion.

Personally, I'd advise White. Being a sequel, White 2 requires knowledge of White to properly understand. I personally feel like the story of the first pair is a bit better as well, but that's just my opinion.

Seconded this.

Besides that, you can just play White 2 afterwards. Unlike many sequels/third versions, Black and White 2 are very different in terms of playing and cities, since in BW2 you start out in a totally new city.

Just when I was beginning to enjoy Heart Gold, my second ever main series playthrough, the game glitches and I lost my progress...
I really don’t feel like restarting so I'll probably play it later, after Generation 5. Oh well...

Would recommend both but definitely in order.

Ah yes, this thread.

When I was playing Y version, I was looking for a shiny Corsola in the friend safari. I found one, and sent out my Umbreon. I had it use Payback, and Umbreon decided to crit hit the shiny Corsola. Corsola faints and Umbreon is happy with the level up.

:/

So I'm playing FireRed. And I encounter a trainer right after Mount Moon. He KO's my Ivysaur, Nidorino, Pidgeotto, and I'm cornered with nothing but the Level 5 Magikarp I got from that Shady Jerk in the Pokemon Centre. So I send out my Magikarp, and as expected, I lose.

Leon's Haxorus. I was all set to take it down with my Sylveon and then "The Opposing Haxorus used Iron Tail". Boom. One hitted my Sylveon before it could even move. It then proceeded to down my entire team with Outrage.

Well, I know it's not the game's fault, but possibly either my computer or Dolphin's, but I hate how I have to save frequently in Pokémon XD because it keeps freezing. Which is kind of weird, since it's only with that game that it happens, and Colosseum runs perfectly.

I ran into a shiny Croagunk in the Great Marsh today. You can probably guess where this is going. If not, here's an aid.

Chucks Safari Ball.
Wiggle...
Wiggle!
Wiggle!!!
Pop!!!
Flees...

Safari Zones are evil enough as it is, let alone when the hopeful catch is a freakin' shiny. I can only imagine how many people have lost shinies that way.

I decided to Masuda Method myself a shiny Ralts in order to get a shiny Gallade. So, I pop in a Jolly Kirlia with an Everstone and a 6IV foreign Ditto in Daycare. I'm hatching Eggs and yay! I got a shiny!

A shiny female. FML.

Edit: up to number two here. Hatched a shiny last night and it was female. Again. -_-

Last edited:
I just knocked out a shiny Magcargo. Granted, I'm doing shiny hunt in ultra wormholes and I might get another, but it did hurt. I have had three shiny Sigilyphs but not another Magcargo. Damn.

I'll be online and I'll see a Raid that I want to join in, try to get in, and the host will randomly just stop looking for participants. I've been kicked out of several Golurk Raids and a ton of Gardevoir Raids, along with a couple of Galarian Rapidash Raids, because of this. It's irritating and it's the quickest way to end up on my ban list. (Seriously. When someone pulls that, I just immediately find them and block them.)

I was playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX and accidentally wander into a monster house and was defeated. Like what do I do now? I don't want to lose the scarves I equipped to my Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom