• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your FUUUUUU Moments (non-Pokemon)

The MegaMan Battle Network games kick you back to the title screen when your HP hits zero, from where you reload your latest save to continue. Barring one prompted save at the end of each chapter as Lan heads to bed, all saves in the game are performed manually. I'm sure people can put two and two together from here and guess what's happened to me at least a couple times to the point that I've started compulsively saving my game after every random encounter.

• Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - Going through the first Class Trial but failing the final part, the Bullet Time Battle against Leon Kuwata, because of a lack of tutorials beforehand.
  • Final Fantasy X -Trying for the 0:00 time mark and winning while being randomly hounded by Wingull on the Catcher Chocobo race. Probably took more than 50 attempts given the RNG aspects. My advice is to only do it once for the trophies/achievements, then use a custom weapon in subsequent gameplays.
  • Final Fantasy XII - Challenging bonus boss Zodiark with no real strategy or preparation. Only one party member (Balthier) remained standing in the end. When I replayed the game years later on the PS4, I was more prepared and won with all six party members standing.
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Constantly failing to jump out of a collapsing building and into another in Nepal. First gameplay took 10 attempts. And if you think you only need to keep Nathan Drake alive in gameplay, think again as Sully can be killed during a battle in a Borneo campsite.
Also, in general, the PS4 controller suddenly disconnecting whenever I'm in an important mission, doing major level grinding, or about to score a difficult trophy, causing loss and failure. And then there's facing Final Fantasy bosses for the first time and underestimating their difficulty. For VIII, it wasn't until I was 12 that I completed the boss against Elvoret and finally got to play the game proper (but it wasn't until 2019 when I finally completed it as the PS1 discs were damaged and caused corruption). I never managed to defeat Evrae in X until I was a teenager as well.

Last edited:
Me recently in Vampire Survivors where I had 20 seconds left to survive the final round of the Astral Stairs map while playing as the big tree during a no-movement challenge.

Just today, while picking up Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace again, I was dealing with the various Noise Waves that were spawning Viruses at WGB Studios. While doing so I ran into two random LV3 bosses via the "Warning" system (specifically, Diamond Ice and Taurus Fire). While Diamond Ice wasn't too difficult Taurus Fire nearly cleaned my clock. So I wisely saved after him. But after continuing with the story for a while another "Warning" attack happened while on the Astro Wave... resulting in me facing Cygnus Wing LV3. ...He trounced me, causing me to lose a fair bit of progress. As a result I save petty much after every battle now (especially on the Astro Wave), and get heart attacks anytime I hear the "Warning" sound because I'm worried it's another LV3 boss (especially since my reflexes aren't as good as I'd like them to be... in a game where good timing and reflexes are vital). I also lost a few Battle Cards that I had collected from certain enemies so that annoyed me quite a bit.

Getting a great Doom 2 "UV-Max" (a run on Ultra Violence with all kills and all secrets) run on a level... Only to realise one single enemy was wandering around in the level for whatever reason and ruined your run.

I don't know if double-posting after a few months had passed is allowed... But here's one : crashing out in F-Zero 99 because you rammed into a Red Bumper, or when a Blue Bumper cuts your top speed in half when using the Fire Stingray... The list can go on :lapras:

Just whenever I decide to play Genshin, I always get mad because the characters just NEVER BE QUIET! I wanna just fight stuff, I don’t wanna listen, and during the Childe battles were so annoying.

For me it's Nuibaba's Abode in Fire Emblem Echoes. Fuck that map. It's actually the reason I stopped playing Echoes and still haven't gone back to it since - although I do want to eventually, since I was really enjoying the game up until that point. I've just been distracted by tons of other games these past few years lol

Back
Top Bottom