• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your FUUUUUU Moments (non-Pokemon)

Wispy Willow

Ducks
Reaction score
Like the title says, what are you FUUUUUU moments; moments that make you want to throw your controler out the window/at your sibling. And please, no Pokemon games, we already have a thread for that here. As for me, I'd say trying to clear Chapter 8 in Kid Icarus: Uprising with no damage because of that f***ing lift ambush (I sucseeded, but it was still f***ing tough.) Anyway, enough about me, over to you, next poster.

I don't remember what game, but I was trying to beat this boss for 3 days straight. I finally manage to beat it, and I'm celebrating, but the last shot it fired before dying hits me, and I die / :-/

I have yet to defeat the Shrewd Possessor in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I've probably tried at least forty times at this point.

I don't think I've ever been this angry at a specific moment in a game like this before.

I've had these moments in every single Mega Man game. All of them. Especially the classic series, and even more specifically, the first 4 games as well as Mega Man 9.

Re-spawning enemies, cheap traps, cheap bosses, difficult level designs... I think these are the only games where I actually get really mad at, and I mean MAD and red with frustration. Probably the biggest offender and the boss I hate fighting the most is the Boobeam Trap from Mega Man 2, and that's saying something!

I was playing the Shroud of the Apocrea event on Spiral Knights a week ago, which consists of doing a special level for tokens to buy materials to craft special weapons. I had all the materials I needed for the Obsidian Carbine minus the Perplexing Element and the level 10 Blackhawk itself (I was yet to level it) and that was the last day of the event. I could always craft the gun after the event was done but that was my last chance to get tokens and buy materials. The Perplexing Element costed 270 tokens and every run netted around 100, which is around what I needed. When I did the level with some people I was lagging bad and everyone else was dead. I was ready to go back to the elevator thinking I had enough but I had 269. I was 1 short. And then I died. Thankfully someone revived us and managed to get us an extra token, but that was the biggest FUUUUUU moment because I thought I'd have to do another run when I was pressed for time.

Fighting the Cursed Prince in Etrian Odyssey IV. That little brat is one FUUUUU moment. Doesn't help matters that he can access Imperial's Drive skills (which can destroy a target at the price of overheating his drive blade forcing a cooldown). Worse, he does splash damage. Even worse, he can access Ignition, which when activated, he can use drive skills to his heart's content without his blade overheating, allowing him to wipe my squad! Arm binds that I sometimes have my Arcanist inflict don't always stay long enough (either that, or he ignores them)!

Doesn't help that leveling so I can fare better is rather slow.

My latest one was today, while battling a boss in Chrono Trigger. It's pretty much a sidequest boss, but I didn't realize how strong and fast it was! It would attack like 3 times in one turn and I would have to heal everyone every 2nd turn. I tried keeping two of my characters alive but the boss kept knocking them out, which made the battle last nearly 45 minutes. -_-

I'm having a fu moment right now in Uncharted: Among Thieves. There was this terrible level involving a speeding train and loads of enemies on ground shooting and planes shooting from the sky. I must have tried this one bit about 15 times today. I finally managed to proceed past it and now I'm fighting what people call 'the train boss' it's this muscly guy that just wont be killed. Bullets and grenades don't do much, my melee attacks don't work. I seriously do not know why he's so hard. He doesn't have armor or particularly powerful weapons, he should go down easily, pretty unrealistic. What's more annoying is he keep shouting 'I can see you' when I'm ducking for cover. No shit Sherlock >.>

I am playing on the 'hard' difficulty and up until now, I've breezed through it, regretting not being braver and playing on 'crushing'. Now I'm glad I'm not.

Here's one from the new instalment of Smash:

I was playing All-Star mode on Hard and had gotten to the last battle. However, I was out of healing items at that point and was at something like 100% damage (which is a mini "FUUUUU..." moment in itself). Figuring there was nothing I could do, I head to the final battle, which was on the Rainbow Road stage, and actually manage to survive for a while until, when it was down to just me and Greninja, both of us over 100%, I grabbed my opponent, only to find a Shy Guy's kart hurtling right towards my back. Yeah, needless to say, I was pretty pissed.

For me:

Fighting any of the Secret Bosses in the Kingdom Hearts series. Unknown, Sephiroth, Lingering Will, Mysterious Figure and Julius drove me to the brink of insanity.

Losing(Not getting 1st place) in the last Cup Race in Mario Kart 8 on 150ccs. The frustration of doing all those races all over again for first place is maddening.

Now that I think about it more, I think most of mine also came from FE games, in general. Especially when the boss has a weapon with a high critical rate, but low hit rate (or high hit rate, but low critical rate) and you fall victim to it anyway! I can't remember from which specific games, but it has happened to me a lot.

Anytime I fight the Throne Watcher/Throne Defender in dark souls 2. I hate that boss more than any other in that game.

Lately it's been my opponent in smash getting a KO right before that 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 count and then stealing a win.

Getting a time of 2'20"018 in F-Zero GX's Time Attack mode instead of 2'19"xxx. It may seem silly, but it's unnerving when you're trying to set times with a significant impact. D:

I was playing Half-Life Source and I saved just before a soldier comes in and guns me down. Now I respawn there and continually die. Then I finally ran and was able to shoot, but that was one gigantic FUUUUUUUUUU moment.

Every time a unit I like dies in a Fire Emblem game.

I was playing Sonic Generations,trying to get all the Red Rings in Crisis City:Classic.There's this one which seems IMPOSSIBLE to get.It was in my sight,and suddenly a Iblis Taker sniped me and I ended up falling and landing on the normal route.I literally freaked out for five minutes.And the fact I didn't know you have to slow down on Crisis City:Modern at the beginning so you can get close enough to Homing Attack the Iblis Takers without falling into a pit of lava. -_-'

In Grand Theft Auto 5 every time those cheating ass pig cops spawn in front of me or somehow see me 100 feet away behind a wall at night under a bridge when I'm trying to get rid of my wanted level. I often find myself so pissed off that I have to kill at least a hundred more before I calm down enough to try and hide again which they then do the same BS and a vicious cycle continues leaving hundreds of future police funerals, a large ammunation restock bill and zero f***ks given from me.

Back
Top Bottom