• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your FUUUUUU Moments (non-Pokemon)

Doing Jigglypuff's route in Smash Ultimate. The elevator is open, I pick up a Bob-Omb and try to get some distance from Pikachu, I fall in front of the elevator and Charmander comes out, not knowing I wasn't far enough from the elevator, to flame me exploding the Bob-Omb and sending me flying to the blast zone.

So Doom eternal had a fair amount of these. There’s a key mechanic called ‘glory killing’ where after staggering an enemy you get near it to ‘finish it off’ basically. It gives you health and is vital to stay alive. Thing is however, this ‘stagger’ state is temporary so if you don’t get to the demon in time it’ll wear off. Worst part is because there’s so many enemies, they can get in your way and kill you before you even get the chance to. They can basically block you and it’s so frustrating during more intense encounters.

Another mechanic is the automatic weapon swapping. If you run out of ammo on one weapon, the game automatically switches you to your previously used one. Problem is, there’s a super powerful gun called the bfg and its ammo is incredibly rare. If you had it hotkeyed, you’ll be already shooting with one gun then most likely fire a bfg shot by accident. You effectively waste the ammo and lost a valuable resource, and its even worse when you’re fighting low tier enemies. Another weapon, the rocket launcher, inflicts tons of self damage if you fire it too close. So if you’re unlucky enough to autoswap to it and shoot it by accident when you’re near an enemy (and you mostly will be as that’s how the game encourages you to play) you can imagine what happens next.

Quite rage inducing stuff when you’re in the heat of the moment.

Any training session in Dragon Ball Kakarot that involves fighting Vegeta. Because the Big Bang attack comes out fast with little warning, causes a massive explosion, and it hits hard. So if you're focusing on someone else, like, say, Goku because he usually has more damage potential if he catches you in a combo, 'Geets can and does regularly blindside you and shave off like half a health bar with barely any warning.
Trunks is on the same kinda ballpark. Burning Attacks may not have the raw power of the Big Bang Attack, but they have even less forewarning, and you can't even isolate Trunks to take him out fast, since he's just backed up by two Kid Trunkses with access to the exact same attack.

Last edited:
So I've been gave Pikmin 3 Deluxe a try and during one of the "Olimar's Comeback" stages where I need to carry a ship part back without the ability to sprout extra Pikmin, I got the ship part back to the pod, at the last second, but time ran out during the animation of obtaining the ship part and didn't count as success.

Fighting a Kecha Wacha in the original Monster Hunter Stories. I can never predict its attack pattern, it can inflict skillseal (which prevents you from using any skills except the basic attacks), it counterattacks all the damn time, and screams constantly.

I've gotten stuck in Slime Rancher with no way to get out and had to force quit. Never give me a jetpack in games.

There was also how in my childhood copy of Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter there was one level towards the end of the game which froze and made me unnable to complete it. Which made it a lot more funny to learn the ending several years later.

When I was playing Wind Waker earlier this year, the gamepad battery was running low, and I realized that I can move the cord next to the chair so I can plug it in and keep playing. Well I go over there, and of course I unplug the console instead of the gamepad cord. In the middle of the tower of the gods. Just after I had gotten the bow. And my last save was before I'd even gone into the dungeon.

Also, I had a Minecraft world recently with a great village including a cartographer and I was going to trade him up to master to get a map and go to whatever the map leads to. I'm walking around one night, and see two zombies walking towards me, one of them being the blacksmith, who was my best source of emeralds. I had no way of curing him so I haven't been in that world in a while.

Ok, so this one's from a fair while ago, but it was still kinda funny so I wanna recount this experience with you all. So, I'm playing Minecraft, exploring The Nether in an effort to find a fortress or perhaps a bastion. Because it's The Nether I'm frequently assaulted by ghasts that I then fight by throwing my Loyalty III enchanted trident, throw it and it returns to your hand the moment it hits a solid block. So I throw the trident, and while it's in the air, I accidentally walk over a couple blocks on the ground that pops into my hotbar. My trident missed, lands, and flies back to me, but because my inventory is now full, I cannot put it back into my hand meaning it's just floating around me waiting for a free slot. So I mash the drop button to dump the blocks I'd picked up because the ghast is still there shooting at me, but accidentally press too many times and drop my trident as well. Off a cliff. But that's fine, it's ok, I can just climb down the side and go pick it up. Buuuuut, there's a flow of lava at the bottom of that cliff. Impaling V, Loyalty III, Mending. All incinerated by a random flow of lava at the bottom of a cliff I accidentally threw it down. I've since replaced it, of course, with an even better one that has Channeling as well. But it was very irritating at the time, since the ghast was still coming, and without that trident I uhh, don't exactly carry any ranged options on me, so my only choice was running away.

Now that I've got shulker boxes to save space, it's possible I should start packing a bow, just in case.

once got all the way to parallel morpho knight in soul melter EX and lost. it is the second to last fight in that mode and i think it was the only time i ever got past three mage sisters soul melter ex more like switch melter ex amiright

Experienced my first windy day typhoon in Rune Factory 5 and it took out my growing apple tree and a chunk of other crops too.

R.I.P. apples. I have another bag of apple seeds, but still.

Last edited:
In my first playthrough of Dishonored I tried to do the non-chaos way of getting rid of a guy so I carried him out the window. Then I dropped him. And fell on him. He died.

I missed Rune Factory 5's Autumn Harvest Festival since I activated the scenario where Radea is summoning all the runes and by the time I took care of her and the cutscene ended, it was 6pm.

So, I really like the beginning of ACNH. The whole deserted island, fresh start feel is amazing. Because of this, I am now on Island number 5 (I do have a second Switch though so I just reset over my side island). So I've been sitting here, resetting over and over again for at least 3 hours now, looking for an island where the starting flower wasn't cosmos, lilies, or roses since I've already had those before and I just want something different. I was on reset number 12 or something when I was like "okay, why am I getting the same three flowers over and over again? There are 8 types of flowers and this game and it's possible to get all of them." so I FINALLY looked it up and had my mind absolutely blown when I learned your options for starting flower are tied to your birth month.

Not only have I reset over this island multiple times (including resetting over several island layouts that were amazing), but I also reset multiple times on my other islands, For two of them, I eventually settled on having the same exact starting fruit and flowers as another because I was just so tired of resetting. I don't even play as myself in video games I just felt like keeping my birthday the same as my own. If I had known that was what was determining my flowers for these past two years, I would have started picking random birthdays a long time ago. Heck, the reddit thread I found this information on is two years old too. I am so mad at myself for not looking this up sooner.

So once on a Minecraft server me and my friends were transporting a couple villagers to our base and it took us, like half an hour to get the villagers to a river and boat them to our base. When we got there it was nearly night, so we all had to sleep to avoid the villager getting killed by zombies. HOWEVER, one of my friends took a really long time to get into his bed and sleep so by the time he did, the villagers had both been killed and then the zombie villagers they turned into burned in the sun, so we couldn't even cure. I wasn't too annoyed, but another of my friends was and he was so mad at the guy who didn't sleep. They got over it, but we never played on that world again.

Trying, and failing (repeatedly), to defeat the Rush virus in MegaMan Battle Network 1 so I can get the PopUp chip and move onto Internet Area 14 (as in order to pass through the gate you need at least one chip from all of the viruses in the area, including the rare PopUp chip). I have managed to track down the bugger repeatedly only for it to flee when it hits 3 HP before I get a chance to shoot it. I try saving my Navi Chips for those last few HP, as they auto-target (or are AOE attacks like SharkMan), but my reaction time isn't as good as I'd like it to be, so the little mutt gets away before I get a second to react. This has gone on for quite some time and it's driving me mad. Especially since it's a rare encounter and the Locate Enemy sub-chip wasn't created yet. But I need to access the area behind that gate as it has some more HP Memories, another Power Up, and the location of ShadowMan. But boy is trying to find that little mutt a pain, much less trying to delete it. The fact that it has the annoying effect of turning all damage (even multi-hit attacks like StoneMan) into one point of damage (even if it's hit multiple times in the same move like the aforementioned StoneMan chips, as it only registers the first hit). Frankly I'm glad the virus vanishes after BN2 (outside of cameos) because I do not like playing this elaborate game of Whack-a-Mole when you've only got a split second to react so you can get the damn chip it drops.

Was so close to winning the Cynthia battle in Shining Pearl with her Garchomp on like 10 HP. I went to use a full restore on my Gastrodon but accidentally used a potion instead.

I was so angry that I soft reset my Switch before my Gastrodon could even faint. Hell if I was gonna let the game rub my own stupid action in my face.

Edit: completely misread the title. Barry blunders once again.

Back
Top Bottom