• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Gaming Opinions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Underrated Games

Super Mario Bros., I'm surprised they aren't talked about everywhere. They're really solid games.

In all seriousness, though, I'm going to agree with Kelleo and say Fire Emblem: specifically, the Jugdral games. I guess they were Japan only, but now that I've played it... It's freaking awesome.

Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

I really dislike ALBW honestly. Despite it getting Game of the Year, the rental system, look, dungeon design, and the story in general made me dislike it.

FF7 didn't interest me either.

I actually like Sonic Unleashed. It could be the fact that it was the first proper Sonic game I ever played (or, at least, the first one I liked,) but I like it nonetheless.

Last edited:

Super Smash Bros. Melee is the worst title in the Smash Bros. series and as of Brawl, the original game is easily the best one.

Music is much more important than graphics.

I don't give two darns about graphics.

Ocarina of Time can go die in a hole, 2D Zeldas are much better.

Pokemon X and Y were freaking terrible.

I seriously want to hunt down whoever is planning these recent Mario games, they are all the same. We want originality; is that not what the NES version sold for?

*Smash Spoilers* I thought the Duck Hunt Dog's inclusion in the new Smash Bros. was funny and not a waste of a roster spot. Same with Dark Pit. *Spoilers End Here*

I agree with ^ and ^^'s oppinion about graphics not nessisarilly leading to a good game and ^'s oppinion that XY were the worst in the series... That's all I have to say.

I actually like all of the characters from Final Fantasy XIII. Even Snow, yes.

1) Starfox Adventures was actually a really good game.
2) The Super Smash Bros. series doesn't really deserve any of the hype it gets.
3) Hyrule Warriors (from what I've seen of it) seems like a really repetitive and uninteresting concept.*

*Subject to change. Since I first formed that opinion, said opinion has driven me to avoid finding out any more about the game, out of sheer apathy towards it.

A game's storyline, characters and such is just as important as gameplay.
I WENT THERE! Dun dun duuuuun!

A game's storyline, characters and such is just as important as gameplay.
I WENT THERE! Dun dun duuuuun!
I totally agree with this. A game cant really be that good unless it has a good storyline and/or character development

MOD NOTE: Unpopular Gaming Opinions, Overrated Games, and Underrated Games were all merged into one thread for their very similar discussion topic on what your opinions are on various games. So in this thread feel free to share your opinion on any game, and whether you love it/hate it.

I think another underrated game is one I played on the PS2 when i was younger.

Robot Wars

Omfg this game.

Basically, the campaign thing started as you with a set budget to build a robot. I distinctly remember mine called "DESTROYER" (Hey, it sounded cool as a kid)
But all it had was a wooden frame and a flipper for its weapon and it had one wheel.
You start of in this arena, and eventually, you go onto a world tour. I only remember two other arenas in the WT. Japan is were you fought on a massive skyscraper and you can easily fall off. In the middle there is a glass ceiling which will fall if you drive over it, which was a perfect trap.

Oil Rig is all it is. An oil rig. Kinda boring but yeah.

I just never saw anyone play this when i was a kid. Remember this is when PS2 was popular. And i used to love going home to play it, trying to get my robot better. I dont know why I loved it so much though :eek:

I find the FE GBA games to be underrated,especially The Sacred Stones.I don't really give about the low difficulty level,but people hated it for it.It has great character,great story and lots of character development.*CoughSupportsCough*

Kid Icarus:Myths and Monsters
I get the fact is wasn't that good,but I like it.It's not really talked about much.It's usually Kid Icarus and Kid Icarus:Uprising.I find that M&M had a certain charm to it Kid Icarus and Uprising didn't have.

Last edited:
GTA IV is SO much better than V.

GTA V online sucks and is too restrictive in what you're allowed to do. I want to run rampant in free mode without consequence and not have to worry about paying for vehicles, weapons and ammunition.

I think the GameCube is my least favorite console. It was exciting when I first got it, but I haven't touched it in a looong time.

You know what game I never hear about, despite it being really good? Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2. I've played both games way too many times, and I just really love them.

Crash Bandicoot 2 was kinda crap. Some good levels, bat far too engaged in following level themes, i.e the dreaded surfing levels.
GTA 3 and San Andreas had the best music.
Bully is one of those rare 10/10 games. Absolutely perfect.
3DS badly needs a F-Zero game. And a Pokemon card Game.
Pokemon B/W and the sequels are probably my least favourite in the main series.

Halo 4 had such amazing game play until the last boss battle. I can't even say anything about that. -_-

Recent Mario games are getting way too repetitive. And they had done nothing to improve that stupid Princess - not only that but Luigi and Bowser have become dumbasses too. If Mario stays with the old clichéd story, might as well get rid of the franchise altogether. Especially Sunshine, I consider that as bad as BW Anime. Galaxy 1+2 are the only games that I don't mind as much.
Zelda: I will have to start getting into, after I finish Pokémon Black 2.
Fire Emblem: Jugdral and Elibe (Binding Blade) can do with a remake - hopefully with an option for a easy mode for 776. I also wish for a Fire Emblem + Pokémon crossover...
Pokémon: Kalos and Unova regions for the win. Looking forward to see another non-Japanese region. I also wish I can play Orre on 3DS. On a related note, XY Anime looks quite promising too.
F-Zero: I wonder what happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom