• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Gaming Opinions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to specific main series pokemon games, Black and White are easily the worst pokemon games to me.

These games are so shallow and boring, barely any new feature with just Rotation and Triple Battles as something new (and they are barely used in the game to make things worse), the region was so linear that it's literally an hallway. I could excuse this if they were focusing on story, but the story is so boring, terrible and the premise, while interesting, was extremely poorly handled.

The characters are just terrible with the exception of Bianca. N criticizes you for putting your pokemon through harsh battles and helding them inside pokeballs and yet he does the same thing, that makes him an hypocrite and an asshole, Ghetsis is just a boring, one dimensional and evil for the sake of being evil villain with no motivation and Cheren is so bland and uninteresting.

The post-game is terrible even by the first pair of a gen standards. The Battle Subway is just a straight up copy/paste of the previous ones with no improvement, Eastern Unova has like 10 trainers to beat and then there's nothing to do in it, the Looker sidequest of catching the sages (which btw are terrible characters too) is so boring and the only legendaries you can catch is Kyurem and a single member of the Forces of Nature if you don't get the other one through trade, if you do though you can catch Landorus, but that's still bad design.

One set of games that are AMAZING that no one ever talks about is Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga. In my opinion they were easily the creepiest and most challenging of the SMT games but all anyone ever talks about are the Persona games. The Persona series is awesome but not nearly so much as DDS.

I enjoyed playing Final Fantasy XIII. The battle system was fun and the characters mostly didn't bother me.

Dark souls 2 has the worst hit/collision detection of any game ever made. There are multiple instances throughout the game of various enemies that can sometimes still hit you with attacks that don't even hit your character due to lingering hitboxes and with some bosses the hitboxes on certain attacks linger around for so long that you can sometimes take huge damage from the air beside the boss after the boss completes its attack animation. (Looking at you aava the king's pet!!!) When the last giant (the game's first boss) does his stomping attack there's this invisible "shockwave" effect around the giant's foot so you can take damage when his foot stomps down beside you. Worst of are the dragons in a late game area called the dragon aerie. Their fire breath can phase through solid rock.

I think Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly wasn't really all that bad. Rampant glitches and long loading times aside, the gameplay was actually rather fun, and very reminiscent of the PS1 trilogy. And then there's the music... classic Stewart Copeland. (AND MONEYBAGS ONLY APPEARS ONCE HALLELUJAH AHAHAHAHAHA [yeah, I hate that stupid greedy fatass]) The story could have used a little work, though, I will admit (e.g. Bianca could have had a much bigger role, and they could have somehow brought in another villain instead of just resurrecting Ripto, Crush and Gulp for some arbitrary reason), and they maaaaybe could have worked out another way to capture the baby dragonflies instead of... ugh... bubble breath (though the idea of the elemental breaths was an excellent concept in and of itself). But all in all, I think it's actually rather underrated. It probably wouldn't have been the way it was if the developers had just been given more time to work on it, but I digress. It got rushed, and thus it is what it is. *raises flame shield* Come at me.

Oh, and unpopular Tekken opinion alert: Heihachi Mishima is a scumbag and needs to die already. (SERIOUSLY NAMCO WHY DO YOU NOT JUST KILL HIM OFF WHY IS HE SO POPULAR AAAAAAAARGH)

Last edited:
I agree with ^, I enjoyed ETD, appart from those loadtimes.

Speaking of games that most people don't like, I actually enjoyed the two Sonic games for the Wii that people didn't like - the Secret Rings and the Black Knight. Appart from the F***ING EVIL control sceme of the former, they play pretty well, not perfectly, but well enough. As far as the stories go... I don't really care if the story in a game is s***, as long as the gameplay is at least somewhat functional. Oh, and while I don't remember much of the soundtrack from the former, appart from Seven Rings In Hand, Black Knight's is very good, with songs such as Fight the Knight, Knight of the Wind and With Me. That's all I really have to say. *Raises Light Screen/Reflect to protect against any Fire-type attacks sent my way*

If a level takes hours to beat, and without any lives lost, you're doing it wrong. *glares at the Chinese level of Alice: Madness Returns*

Final Fantasy Tactics is probably the best Final Fantasy spin off. I would highly recommend it if you like complex stories and what's probably the deepest class system in Final Fantasy history.

Cops aren't an invincible supersoldier army in GTA 5. I kill hundreds a day without dying just fine, you just gotta use your head like in a real life gun fight instead of going in guns blazing like Leeroy Jenkins. And single player is much more fun than online.

The Legacy of Kain series is something most people should play it's amazingly complex but not convoluted story and incredible voice over work is something most people should experience. Plus this game was made in a time where Vampires sucked blood not cock.

Red Dead Redemption is absolutely incredible. One of the few games I'd give 10/10 for.

Shadow the Hedgehog was never really THAT bad. I actually like it unlike everyone else it seems. Sure, the voice acting was god awful and it did have some bad levels, but I see the good in it

^^^Speaking of Sonic games, as much as I dislike the new games, I have come to realize that these games are obviously made with one group in mind: children. I've met some kids who were born after 2008 who really love the series as it is. I've seen people over the age of 20 who want the series to end just because they feel the games don't live up to what they grew up with (Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles), and I'm sorry, but I find that really selfish. Let these kids enjoy the newer games and know that these games are made for them, not for older fans. If you want to play something new that hasn't changed at all in recent years, play the Mario games. Speaking of which, people bitched about them too when Sunshine and Galaxy came out but went bonkers when the Koopalings came back in a game that can pretty much be called Super Mario Bros 3 ver.2. Hey, if you are an adult and like the newer Sonic games, more power to you! I just hate it when I see people who say they want the series to die just because it is not to their liking.

Now on a different note, I like games that people would consider too "casual" and "not a gamer's game" like Bejeweled, Alchemy, Farmville, and other "non-cool" games. They're fun, they pass the time, and did I mention they are fun? That's all the counts and the people who make fun of people who play these games really need to lay off. Sorry not everything can be Final Fantasy, Super Mario Bros, and Halo.

Smash Bros Brawl is fun to play. I'm not too sure why it seems to be the black sheep of the series, and beating up my brother's Meta Knight with Marth was probably some of the most fun I've had on the Wii. Also, Meta Knight in not that OP if he's not in skillful hands. Hence why I was able to beat him with Marth.

I actually liked some of the non-Naughty Dog Crash Bandicoot games, those being Crash Bash, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Crash Twinsanity (kind of), and Crash Nitro Kart (again, kind of). However, I thought the series started to go downhill big-time after Twinsanity/CNK, and I absolutely despised Crash Tag Team Racing, for the simple fact that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing or where I was supposed to go, or which item did what. That, and I felt the platforming overworld-y thing kind of clashed with the racing aspect, and I didn't think the Die-O-Ramas were funny at all. Plus, the changes in character starting in CNK were awful (especially Crunch and Coco - and it only got worse as the games went on), and the story for CTTR was just a plain ol' Excuse Plot. Tag Team Racing was one of the few games I just couldn't find it in me to complete. I played it for about... half an hour, I think, then I just put it down because I couldn't figure it out. I haven't touched any of the other non-Naughty Dog games because I just don't think they'll appeal to me. For me, Crash Bandicoot has always been about both the story and the humour, and it was just so sad to see the latter eclipsing the former so much that everything past Twinsanity/CNK eventually just became unfunny. Hate me for it all you want, it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

After playing half way through Super Princess Peach I can safely say that it is the most boring "Mario" game I have ever played. Biggest complaint is thst it is very quiet. Not a lot of that catchy music like in the other games.

After playing through Kid Icarus: Uprising, I'd like to say that...Viridi is the worst character created. Should've just ended after Medusa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom