• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers LGPE's New Pokémon Discussion Thread

What's will LGPE's new Pokémon be?

• Gorochu

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • New Eeveelution

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Non-Mythical Next Gen Pokémon (think Lucario or Zoroark)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Final Gen VII Mythical

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Missingno.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread's Opening Post

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
Since no one has made a thread for this yet, I figured I'd go ahead and start it off. As the title blatantly states, what do you think/ /the special "never seen before" Pokémon will turn out to be?

Will it be:
  • Gorochu?
  • A new Eeveelution?
  • A Gen VIII Pokémon in the vain of Lucario/Zoroark?
  • The final Gen VII Mythical (counted as such only due to Gen VIII not yet being released)?
  • Missingno.?
  • Or something else (please specify)?
The poll I have up gives you three choices to pick from, and you can always change your mind later. I look forward to discussing this with all of you! :)

EDIT: This thread is now re-purposed to discuss the new Gen VII mythical that has just been revealed! The poll is now set to close on 9/25/2018 at 10:14 pm.

Last edited:
"Special" Pokémon Designation
Someone in another thread pointed out that they refer to it as a "Special Pokemon," which is the term for the end boss Pokemon (Mewtwo, Zygarde, most box legends). It's not guaranteed to be that, but that's my current guess. The Lugia to Mewtwo's Ho-oh.

Hoping it’s either Gorochu (Electric/Dark or Electric/Fighting would be nice) or a Normal/Ghost missingno. Hell I’d even appreciate a dragon or ghost type eeveelution.
Y'know what? I kind of want a pure Electric Gorochu. I don't think everything needs a second type. Even if you could justify one. This is how we got stuck with three Fire/Fighting Starters in a row.

Y'know what? I kind of want a pure Electric Gorochu. I don't think everything needs a second type. Even if you could justify one. This is how we got stuck with three Fire/Fighting Starters in a row.
Well it would be nice since we haven’t gotten those type combos yet. Plus it would be a nice way to give Kanto a legit dark type that’s not a mega evolution or an Alolan form.

Well it would be nice since we haven’t gotten those type combos yet. Plus it would be a nice way to give Kanto a legit dark type that’s not a mega evolution or an Alolan form.
I don't disagree with you. I just don't think Gorochu should be the one to do that. That's just a personal preference tho.

I think it’ll either be something related to Mew and Mewtwo, or a new standalone Pokémon; essentially just another Mythical.
Are you suggesting the debut of Mewthree? I'd love it if Game Freak finally did that!

My guess it's going to be the first Gen VIII pokemon as well.

But my guess since they made the choice to voluntarily show off unreleased pokemon from Gen I in that biography manga and the game is nothing but the original Kanto pokemon and their relatives (Evolutions, pre-evos, regional forms) ...it would make sense it will probably be one of those.

Secondary Megas for Venusaur and Blastoise
maybe new secondary mega forms for Blastoise and Venusaur?
They could have found the mega stones for them.

- mega , primal or ancient mew form?

- hmmm, maybe a seperate way to evolve pikachu? Gorochu could be a branch evolution line to Raichu? If Alolan raichu is psychic then they could say why actually?
electric/dark or electricfighting? dark would fit it.

- new eveelution is very posibble but also branch evolutions for other pokemon?

Last edited:
Mewtwo's Father as a Separate Species from Mew
Definitely not Gorochu or an Eeveelution; they are not going to ignore the mascots like that. It isn't a form, either. And if it's a beta Pokemon, there should be a good reason for using it over the others.

My guess is that it will be the Guyanese legendary that impregnated Mew. No ever talks about it, but it must exist.

Last edited:
At this point, I'm guessing it will be a normal Gen VIII Pokémon.

But my guess since they made the choice to voluntarily show off unreleased pokemon from Gen I in that biography manga and the game is nothing but the original Kanto pokemon and their relatives (Evolutions, pre-evos, regional forms) ...it would make sense it will probably be one of those.

Much as I’d like them all to be reintroduced, I wouldn’t think that’s what it will be, because then the one they choose would look really arbitrary.

They'd probably redesign it so it's more in the current style. I mean I still think the deer/moose thing got split up into the Swords of Justice and the crocodile was Drampa. Which leaves the cactus and the other hidden ones to be updated.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be an eighth generation Legendary Pokemon. A non-legendary eighth generation Pokemon wouldn't be impossible, but I could see them wanting to introduce a Mystical Pokemon through this feature to get people excited for the upcoming games. As cool as it would be to see Gorochu, I doubt that that they'd used a scrapped Pokemon. Any new Eeveelutions would be featured in the next generation too.

I figure it'll be some sort of legendary as I can't see them ending the dex of gen 7 on a random Mon. Now they could change thing entirely and it's a random gen 8 Mon that's in the middle of the dex

I think it'll be the next gen mythical Pokémon like Jirachi or Magernea. Not sure what it would be like or the typing. But still rather curious as to what it'll be if it's not a mythical Pokémon lol.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom