• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers LGPE's New Pokémon Discussion Thread

What's will LGPE's new Pokémon be?

• Gorochu

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • New Eeveelution

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Non-Mythical Next Gen Pokémon (think Lucario or Zoroark)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Final Gen VII Mythical

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Missingno.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mewthree Idea
If the starter Pikachu and Eevee can't evolve, then I highly doubt it's going to be related to either of them. Also, I don't think they're bringing back any scrapped Pokemon. Probably.

...My husband did have a rather amusing suggestion though. Mewthree. Ah, I would laugh so hard if that was true. I can also see them doing that, if I'm honest. Imagine the reactions echoing across the internet and all of the Kanto nostalgia it'd drudge up.

But I think it's just going to be the final Gen VII event Pokemon (which I really am not a fan of) or perhaps we'll get lucky and it'll be the next Zoroark/Lucario. Of course, it could be anything, so I'm not 100% on any of this.

Last edited:
...My husband did have a rather amusing suggestion though. Mewthree. Ah, I would laugh so hard if that was true. I can also see them doing that, if I'm honest. Imagine the reactions echoing across the internet and all of the Kanto nostalgia it'd drudge up.
In all honesty, I'm actually hoping this turns out to be the case. It really makes a lot more sense than a regular mythical completely detached from the Kanto region.games. At the very least, I agree that what we might get is definitely related to Mew or at least Kanto itself.

I personally think it's a mythical Pokemon. With the datamine of Pokemon Quest showing that there were 808 Pokemon in the dex (Zeraora being 807). I can see it being a situation like Victini, where the mythical has a sot in the dex before the new starters. Also, the last like, 7 movies (this is including the one coming out this year), have had focus on a mythical Pokemon in it (last 8 for legendaries in general). It's a common theme, that seems to work among the younger fans at least.

I don't understand the mythical suggestions. Mythicals are, by definition, not normally accessible. The few exceptions to date (Deoxys and to a lesser extent Celebi) involve old mythicals having their status tinkered with many years after the fact.

Mewthree already came to pass with the Mega Mewtwo duo, which were terrible. Surely there's a better way to expand the Mew lore?

Last edited:
I don't understand the mythical suggestions. Mythicals are, by definition, not normally accessible. The few exceptions to date (Deoxys and to a lesser extent Celebi) involve old mythicals having their status tinkered with many years after the fact.

Mewthree already came to pass with the Mega Mewtwo duo, which were terrible. Surely there's a better way to expand the Mew lore?
Do we need to expand on Mew lore at all tho? I’d say Mew and Mewtwo are at a pretty good place, lorewise. I’d like to know how in the hell Mewtwo even got a mega evolution (let alone two,) considering he’s a man-made Pokémon that can’t be older than twenty years in canon, but that ship seems to have sailed.

If anything, I’d like more lore on Lugia. I always felt Lugia got the shaft, lorewise, when compared to Ho-Oh. Now the beta leaks revealed why. Ho-Oh was planned long before Lugia was created. Which, fine. Makes sense. But it’s been over 20 years now. Lugia needs more lore. Not too much more (God knows I don’t want it’s lore to be as bad as the Sinnoh lore,) but still something.

Ah well. These are Gen I remakes, so I don’t expect Lugia to get any more development anyway.

I don't understand the mythical suggestions. Mythicals are, by definition, not normally accessible.

But mythicals are gifts too, every mythical has been a gift for watching a movie or going to a store. And in the trailer the Pokemon is shown coming from a gift...

I hope it’s Gorochu worked into being a stand-alone Pokemon, a powerful relative of the Pikachu line, like a non-legendary version of Diancie-Carbink duo.
I say Pikachu branch evo. Kinda like a reverse Kirlia/Snorunt. If you give Pikachu a Thunderstone, it evolves into Raichu. If you level Pikachu up to, say, level 32, it evolves into Gorochu.

I say Pikachu branch evo. Kinda like a reverse Kirlia/Snorunt. If you give Pikachu a Thunderstone, it evolves into Raichu. If you level Pikachu up to, say, level 32, it evolves into Gorochu.

It wouldn’t make sense if the starter Pikachu cannot evolve. It would also be strange if Gorochu has higher stats than Raichu.

I don’t think the new Pokemon going to be a Pikachu Evolution but I still want Gorochu so I want it incorporated as a separate species related to Pikachu/Raichu.
The optimal scenario imo is a Mega Raichu but it’s unlikely to happen anytime soon since GameFreak hates Raichu :(

I think the most likely possibility is going to be a gen 8 advertisement mon. Like Lucario and the like that showed up in some mediums before gen 4 officially started.

I'm leaning towards the Pokemon being a Legendary Pokemon similar to the box mascots, Zygarde, and Mewtwo as mentioned by @Unown Seer by how they used the term "Special Pokemon" instead of "special Pokemon".

Also, here's an idea. What if there's actually a second new Pokemon and that'd be the Mythical for next year? Though they'll likely just use Mew.

But mythicals are gifts too, every mythical has been a gift for watching a movie or going to a store. And in the trailer the Pokemon is shown coming from a gift...

That "gift" was being opened in Go itself instead of on the Switch games. I don't think the Pokemon itself would be obtainable in Go due to how the Pokedex works, unless we can actually transfer from Let's Go to Go, but I doubt that. Everything else have mentioned the Pokemon being obtained/used in Let's Go so far, but no mention of Go on if it'll receive it later this year.

I'm believing that this Pokemon is going to be a new Mythical. They need one for M22 unless they reuse an old one.

I think the new Pokemon is a legendary or mythical. I think its the Dog we saw alongside the Birds in the anime, but we mistook it for Arcanine.
You mean this picture?

Legendary_Pokemon_engravings_EP002.png

I highly doubt it. Arcanine is known as the legendary Pokémon. And the anime does weird stuff like that all the time. I also doubt they’ll bother with something small like that from the second episode.

Though you could argue it’s zeraora on the tablet.

I think its the Dog we saw alongside the Birds in the anime, but we mistook it for Arcanine.
You know, I never thought about that. It would certainly be an interesting route for Game Freak to take.

You mean this picture?

Legendary_Pokemon_engravings_EP002.png

I highly doubt it. Arcanine is known as the legendary Pokémon. And the anime does weird stuff like that all the time. I also doubt they’ll bother with something small like that from the second episode.

Though you could argue it’s zeraora on the tablet.
I’m just stuck at why Zapdos is the one in green instead of the one in yellow.

I’m just stuck at why Zapdos is the one in green instead of the one in yellow.
Well, the Thunder Stone has been portrayed as being somewhat green in the Anime (at least in the original series), so it might be the logic behind the artists putting Zapdos on the green tile.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom