• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers LGPE's New Pokémon Discussion Thread

What's will LGPE's new Pokémon be?

• Gorochu

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • New Eeveelution

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Non-Mythical Next Gen Pokémon (think Lucario or Zoroark)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Final Gen VII Mythical

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Missingno.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So here are my two cents:

-It won't be a new Eeveelution (sadly) or any new relative to Pikachu because as others have said before, the starters are unable to evolve. GF would be out of their mind introducing a new evolution to either of these two and not let the players evolve their starter into said new form. Secondly, they specifically said it's ONE new Pokemon, so it would be unbalanced. A new Eeveelution but nothing for Pika or the other way around? Nah, I don't think so.

-I think the new Pokemon has nothing to do with the 2019 movie, because they are in full swing of pre-release period for Gen8 when the movie is announced. The new Pokemon will be old news by then.

-The datamine from Quest shows 808 Pokemon, but the new Pokemon doesn't have to be #808. Since LGPE likely won't have any direct connection to either Gen7 or Gen8, the special Pokemon can be any Dex# in the new roster.

So I think it will be a Gen8 Pokemon akin to Zoroark as preview for the new generation, but also something especially tied to Pokemon Go. PGo will likely be the only way to obtain the Pokemon for some time.

• Legendary, not Mythical
  • Will play some role in the story
  • Might have some rewards if sent to/from Go (I haven't been paying enough attention to know if you can trade back and forth between the two or if it's just one way) or that Pokeball controller thing
There's no point mentioning its existence so early if they don't plan on revealing it soon imo.

@Zeb You can only transfer from Go to LGPE, probably because the latter has more data per Pokemon. This new Pokemon is an exception in that it is transferred as a present (basically an egg). I assume that this present is separate from the Pokemon you obtain in LGPE, since Ishihara implied we can use it in both games.

Could be a Zoroark-esque new Pokémon though, but given both Lucario line and Zoroark line being available in every regional Pokédex since their debut (both are in B2W2 Unova, Kalos and USUM Alola Dex), I doubt this is very likely, but I still have some hopes for it. Maybe a Fairy/Ground-type with its basic form being pure-Fairy, since he can knock Riolu (but not Lucario's Steel) and Zorua-line out (if not in regional Pokédex).

Also, if there's a new Ultra Beast (I think less possible), may I expect any type not covered by the existing ones? Rock, Poison, Bug, Fighting, Electric, Steel, Grass, Flying, Dark, Dragon, Fire and Ghost were already used.

I'd really like a new Eeveelution. I feel like it would be a Flying type for some reason.
I also hoped for a pure-Flying Eeveelution, if there's any possibility. The only pure-Flying Pokémon is Tornadus, and he's a Legendary Pokémon debuted in Gen V. It would be nice to have a non-Legendary, non-Mythical pure-Flying Pokémon. We already have too many Normal/Flying-types so why not give another chance?

I doubt this is very likely, but I still has some hopes for it. Maybe a Fairy/Ground-type with its basic form being pure-Fairy, since he can knock Riolu (but not Lucario's Steel) and Zorua-line out (if not in regional Pokédex).

Why is the new Pokemon concerned with knocking out the previous Lucario-like Pokemon? The logic makes no sense.
There isn’t even an argument for a pattern since Zoroark, the one after Lucario is weak to the Fighting/Steel Type.

Why is the new Pokemon concerned with knocking out the previous Lucario-like Pokemon? The logic makes no sense.
There isn’t even an argument for a pattern since Zoroark, the one after Lucario is weak to the Fighting/Steel Type.
No Pokémon has the Fairy/Ground-type as of Gen-7, and Lucario is weak to Ground-types whereas Zoroark is weak to Fairy-types.

At this point, I don't see how Gorochu can exist without a new Eeveelution and vice versa. They only teased one special Pokemon and it can easily be a tie to Gen 8, which was technically had a soft announcement for 2019.

would this be the last pokemon of gen 7 or the first of gen 8? If it is mythical i i wod still consider it as gen 7 but if it is a random pokemon e.i. gorochu i would classify it as something else lol

It wouldn’t make sense if the starter Pikachu cannot evolve. It would also be strange if Gorochu has higher stats than Raichu.

I don’t think the new Pokemon going to be a Pikachu Evolution but I still want Gorochu so I want it incorporated as a separate species related to Pikachu/Raichu.
The optimal scenario imo is a Mega Raichu but it’s unlikely to happen anytime soon since GameFreak hates Raichu :(

Raichu already has an Alolan form and an exclusive Z-Move, but Dragonite has none, so I think Game Freak hates Dragonite more than Raichu.

Raichu already has an Alolan form and an exclusive Z-Move, but Dragonite has none, so I think Game Freak hates Dragonite more than Raichu.

Atleast evolving your Dragonair isn’t depicted as being equal to a sin.
Kantonian Raichu's Ultra Moon Entry is pretty much proof that GameFreak regrets creating Raichu.
Because so many Trainers like the way Pikachu looks, you don't see this Pokémon very often.

Gorochu

read to many articles with gamefreak talking about it in recent months they’re bringing it up for a reason at least that’s my theory.

L x

Atleast evolving your Dragonair isn’t depicted as being equal to a sin.
Kantonian Raichu's Ultra Moon Entry is pretty much proof that GameFreak regrets creating Raichu.
I disagree with you. Dragonite never get Mega Evolutions nor exclusive Z-Moves. And Game Freak ignored its existence.
Also, Game Freak killed off Flygon's prevalence.

There is literally no Pokémon in existence which GameFreak actively discourages you from evolving except Raichu.

But I think we're going far too off topic with that matter.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom