• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "HAHAHAHA!!!" Moments

Wispy Willow

Ducks
Reaction score
...Also known as 'LOL' moments, but the principle's the same: what are those things in Pokémon games where you just have to sit there and laugh your head off.

As for what inspired me to create this thread, it was how I defeated Flannery in Alpha Sapphire. I had just caught a new team member - a Numel. This particular Numel, however, had two things to set it apart from others of it's kind: the combination of the ability Simple and the move Growth. Now that was fine on it's own, but what happens when you teach it Double Team, Bulldoze and Flame Charge along with it? You get an easy and hillarious way to set up on Flannery's Slugma as it uses Light Screen and Sunny Day to no avail, then anailate all of her 'mons with SE, +6 Bulldozes. And the icing on the cake? My Numel was only Lv. 19, as opposed to the Lv. 26s that Flannery has. BRUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

...Anyway, what are those moments that make you split your sides with laughter... Or something?

Last edited:
Getting a few Attack EVs for my Golett in OR--I sent one over via Bank. I went up against a level 4 Poochyena and watched as it tried and tried and tried to use Tackle on my level 1 Golett to no avail. When it fainted, I burst out laughing. Easiest EV training ever. :p

When some nerd in Sootopolis shop asked me for the greatest celebrity, and I had to answer "Lisia" to get a TM (Infestation). In Spanish the move is called "Acoso", that means "harassment". (Dude, really, DUUUUUDE)

Beating that Gym trainer who swears up and down that "Roxanne is number one FOREVAH and she'll wipe the floor with you!" after you beat her. Um, did you see what I used to level your team? Yeah, that cute little Treecko? Don't ya think it's gonna do the exact same thing to Roxanne's team? Sorry sweetie but your senpai will lose and will lose badly.

I even went back and spoke to her after I beat Roxanne. Same thing. Oh man, I burst out laughing at that.

Probably one-shooting Matt, Shelly, Archie, and Liza & Tate. It was kind of sad, watching them all fall to my Absol's Night Slash or Play Rough (granted, she does have Adamant nature, Super Luck, and high IV's...)

Other great moments? Probably any time anyone makes a "pretty-boy Steven" remark. It's such a shameless acknowledgement to his real-life crazy fans, and I love it, even if I'm not one of those people. (It's even better that Steven himself is too interested in rocks and his Pokemon to notice anything.)

Other great moments? Probably any time anyone makes a "pretty-boy Steven" remark. It's such a shameless acknowledgement to his real-life crazy fans, and I love it, even if I'm not one of those people. (It's even better that Steven himself is too interested in rocks and his Pokemon to notice anything.)

Me.

Every time I see such remarks, it's really difficult to hold back giggles. I just love how GameFreak went and made him an official "stunning male specimen"

I made sure to take extra photos of those scenes, just to leave proof that Steven is beautiful and everybody knows that.

My Pelipper one-shotting Flannery's entire team, with all of her brovado...for nothing!

That, and chill Maxie being chill..all I can think of is Chuggaaconroy's anime Maxie impression when I see him...

Possible spoilers for Omega Ruby:

After all the buildup to Maxie using his mega Camerupt in his final battle, my Tentacruel easily knocked it out in one hit.

Finding out that my Claydol is immune to two of Primal Groudon's three attacks (including its signature move) because of levitate... and that it can just use cosmic power six times so that the third attack barely does any damage to it.

That one time when Wally goes and plows right through Maxie and his Admins. It was just great because this little adorable kid sent three adults twice his size spinning in all directions.

Remember Elesa being so difficult to beat in Black 1? Well in my current run of Black 2, I brought over a Landorus from the AR Searcher that was level 25 when I battled Elesa. In contrast to how Elesa demolished me in Black 1, my Landorus demolished all of her Pokemon in Black 2, and I was like, "Mwahahahahahaha, take that, [naughty word]!"

Then there was this time in XY online battle in which my opponent sent Level 100 Legendaries. And my Level 70 Blaziken OHKOed his Genesect and his Darkrai. (Seriously, how my Blaziken managed to overcome that level difference, I still don't know.) Even though I eventually forfeited (I couldn't get past his Zekrom), at least for those two Pokemon, I was like, "Hahahaha suck to be you!"

I remember Winona being such a pain in the arse with her earthquake spamming Altaria in the originals so I decided to send Mega Aggron after it and when the time came Mega Aggron took a massive 5 damage from its earthquake and proceeded to squish it with rock slide. Moral of the story don't attack Mega Aggron with physical attacks even if they're super effective, especially if you're an over sized flying pillow with attack that's less than a third of its defense.

When I battled primal groudon the first thing it did after I had my latios attack it was use rest and go to sleep.

I know this isn't quite a Pokémon moment, but I couldn't resist not posting it. Recently, when playing Smash U's Smash Tour, one of the matches was a 300% Smash, and it all seemed to be going fine... Appart from the iminent threat of death. After a while, however, my opponent did manage to land a hit on me, which sent my flying... However, since the stage that it was on was the Mario Circuit from MK8, and it was on a part where the top of the screen - the direction I was launched - happened to be the place that the track was at the time, I just bounced around like a pinball on storids between the floor and the ceiling for about seven seconds while I laughed my head off.

I went on Battle Spot, Free Doubles for fun. I was matched up with someone who had Kyogre and Deoxys

Primal Kyogre used Surf. Deoxys got OHKO'd. lol

OK I JUST DISCOVERED my HAHAHAHA moment.

I'm in Rustboro City, and in this building south of the Devon Corp. Talked to this ACE TRAINER who gave me a Float Stone, saying it cuts weight in half, but I wouldn't know how to use it.

I go upstairs. I come down again - and he's a HIKER.

If you get it, good for you.

It's HILARIOUS.

I was doing free battles on Battle spot and I ran into an all legendary Pokemon team with a Darkri, so I brought up two Pokemon that can take it down with a fighting type move and leaving my Sylvion in the back as back up since I know what's going to happen. Instead, the message "Lopunny avoided the attack!" "Gallade avoided the attack!" "Swampert avoided the attack!" I just started laughing as my mega Gallade KO the Darkri. XD

Flannery was a pain in the arse in the original RS. My Numel swept her with Earth Power without a single health point lost. The first and only time I have ever rolled on the floor from hysterical laughter.

When I was playing Special Episode Two in PMS: EOS a little while ago, I commented to my pa about a Digglet I encountered (since they're one of his favourites), then proceeded to OHKO it (and any others I encountered). However, a floor or two later I run into one who used Magnitude, gets a 10 and OHKOs me. I found this rather amusing (obviously).

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom