• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "HAHAHAHA!!!" Moments

Another one from Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, the (semi-)Random Maze Generator decided to put some Hidden Stairs right next to the regular Stairs. As in, one tile to the left. I don't know why I find that funny, but I do.

Beating Lisia not once but twice in a row and the using the Cosplay Pikachu to wallop her the first time around. I used it only as a blasted joke but got the last laugh when the little rat won a Cool Ribbon. The second round was Lisia versus my Golurk and well, my Golurk doesn't lose...

Defeated Chatelaine Nita in Alpha Sapphire. How was it a "HAHAHAHA" moment?

Let's just say I used Stella, my Pidgeot from my ingame X team, who had Mirror Move for who knows how long. The move would be used to send a Hypnosis Nita's Purugly's way. Stella managed to dodge a few Hypnoses. After a test with Fly, I Mirror Moved the Hypnosis. It landed. Fortunately I didn't Mega Evolve her until it's safe; didn't want No Guard to guarantee slumber for her!

Will post battle video later.

in soul silver (or was it crystal? I can't even remember lol) I was trying to catch Lugia and my cousin was watching over my shoulder, had a conversation somefin like this. I had already spent a lot of balls trying to catch it, would guess like 50+.

cousin: "isn't there a button combination you can press to make the ball work more often?"
me: "you actually believe that nonsense?"
cousin: "dude, it actually works."
me: "fine, I'll try it with a regular poke ball. Watch it not help at all."

I forget what the combination was, but the first poke ball I threw while holding it captured the lugia. I'm sure my stupid cousin felt pretty satisfied about that. And no, I still don't believe it was more than a (trollish) coincidence.

While running to battle Gentleman Walter, I run straight into a shiny Shuppet.

How is this a LOL moment? This was the first time two years that a Pokemon game decided to give me a random shiny. Last one was in January of 2013 while playing Pearl. I also have something like 4 of the goofy things thanks to my Friend Safari on X. But that didn't matter: I still had to catch this random shiny!

A lot of stuff that involves both Aqua and Magma, right down to the facial expressions of some of them. And when Steven yells at his dad when he's about to explain the meteorite situation in Delta Episode.

The shot of Wallace's ass before the fight for the eighth badge. My reaction was just, "Yeah, they knew what they were doing with this guy and they're not even being subtle about it."

I forgot about this one lol. All I could think of is that the fandom is saying "DAT ASS".

For me it was kinda a pair of events. First on Alpha Sapphire when you battle the pair of Aqua Grunts in the shipyard, one of them says "Get out of my way. I'm the 28th strongest member of Team Aqua." Then, way later in the game (pretty sure during the Delta Episode), one chick confronts you saying she's the 27th strongest.

The way I caught Rayquaza in my Omega Ruby is kind of funny. In my first attempt, I was afraid to mega evolve my Latios and use Ice Beam due to the fact that it has a very good Special Attack stat, and the fact that Rayquaza takes quadruple damage from ice-type moves. Needless to say, that time, I was Curb-Stomped. The second attempt: I started the same way, trying to have my Cosplay Pikachu paralyze it with Nuzzle, only to be OHKOed by a powerful blow. I was like, F*** it, I'm using Mega Latios's Ice Beam. I proceeded to do so... not only did Rayquaza survive, the blow also FROZE it!. I then chucked a Great Ball at it... Easiest Legendary catch ever (not including that Premier ball Lugia incident during my first Soul Silver playthrough)

The shot of Wallace's ass before the fight for the eighth badge. My reaction was just, "Yeah, they knew what they were doing with this guy and they're not even being subtle about it."

I forgot about this one lol. All I could think of is that the fandom is saying "DAT ASS".

That entire scene was pure gold

When some nerd in Sootopolis shop asked me for the greatest celebrity, and I had to answer "Lisia" to get a TM (Infestation). In Spanish the move is called "Acoso", that means "harassment". (Dude, really, DUUUUUDE)

I looked up the move and apparently in Japanese it's called (translated obviously) 'Follow About'
Pity that the joke doesn't work in English :(

Using a Froslass I had trained for the heck of it on WiFi battles and watching my opponent try to use a Pokemon (I believe it was Mega Glalie) with Explosion on it. Not only did it KO his M-Glalie, but also his Swampert, while my Blaziken (who was in the red) and Froslass emerged completely unscathed, winning me the battle. I just sat there for a second before I "exploded" with laughter. Apparently many tend to forget about Froslass' Ghost-type, but it sure is funny as hell to see it happen, especially with my bad luck on WiFi battles.

EDIT: Correction, as Norzan pointed out, I had the wrong Mon. It was Regice, though the guy did use a M-Glalie as well, so that's why it stuck more than Regice. My mistake. ^^;

Last edited:
Using a Froslass I had trained for the heck of it on WiFi battles and watching my opponent try to use a Pokemon (I believe it was Mega Glalie) with Explosion on it. Not only did it KO his M-Glalie, but also his Swampert, while my Blaziken (who was in the red) and Froslass emerged completely unscathed, winning me the battle. I just sat there for a second before I "exploded" with laughter. Apparently many tend to forget about Froslass' Ghost-type, but it sure is funny as hell to see it happen, especially with my bad luck on WiFi battles.
Wait, was Froslass unaffected by M-Glalie's Explosion? Because it should have been affected by the Explosion because Refrigerate of M-Glalie turns Normal type moves into Ice type moves.

Wait, was Froslass unaffected by M-Glalie's Explosion? Because it should have been affected by the Explosion because Refrigerate of M-Glalie turns Normal type moves into Ice type moves.

You're right, it wasn't M-Glalie. I beat that M-Glalie earlier in the battle, so that's why it came to mind. I just checked my records (I saved it as one of those battle vid things for laughs). It was actually Regice who used it (heheh, wrong Ice-type, my bad). I was actually just coming on the correct that, as I realized the same thing. Sorry, my bad, though I had a feeling I wasn't remembering the right Mon, as I don't usually pay much attention to WiFi battles I partake in (getting your arse kicked all the time really dampens one's spirit). ^^; Let me correct that right now before anything else happens.

There's one wifi battle I had a few weeks ago. I only have both my Swampert and Rosrade while my opponent has he prinsablades spaming Groundon left. On the last turn, his Groundon use the move and I though both of my Pokemon are finished and I lose the battle, instead my Roserade dodges the attack while Swampert was taken out, and Roserade uses giga drain to finish off Groundon. I won the battle by shear luck.

Finally winning the Master Rank Beauty Contest with my 6IV Golett and only playing spoiler. Not once did I use either of the two Beauty moves Grand Riser had; instead I stuck with Earthquake and Stealth Rock to take stars away or make my opponents nervous. Even better? Wallace got a Spectacular Talent in the third round and it did nothing to help him win. He placed a distant second. :evil:

Back in Pokemon Stadium 2 Chuck has the dumbest and most hilarious AI pattern. He is coded to use Dynamicpunch until it hits even if you have a Ghost type in front of him. I just fought him again and it still never fails to be funny to this day.

During my Alpha Sapphire Wonderlocke, I kinda cheesed the Brawly fight a bit. Had a Butterfree that only needed to use Sleep Powder and Confusion. Neither of his mons managed to do anything! :lol:

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom