• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "HAHAHAHA!!!" Moments

Pokemon BW, took a 37 level Drifblim with me, against the fighting type Elite 4.
He had nothing against me apart from... grass knot which deal abysmal damage, and I slowly killed it with Shadow Ball.

When Lance is down to one Pokemon during a rematch in SoulSilver, his Altaria uses Perish Song while I still have three healthy Pokemon left. :D I guess he wanted to make his imminent loss come faster?

The Team Rocket member that gives you the password in the Johto games. He parades around how you can't do anything with it and five minutes later you manage to disband the entire organization all because of that password.

Let me explain this via some chat messages:
(Courtest of Pokemon3d.net)
Jul 19, 2015 4:14 AM - Splitzblue: Hahahahahahahahahaha.....It happened again!
Jul 19, 2015 4:16 AM - Moddex: ?
Jul 19, 2015 4:16 AM - Moddex: Wut
Jul 19, 2015 4:16 AM - Splitzblue: I got a text from a friend.
Jul 19, 2015 4:16 AM - Moddex: mke
Jul 19, 2015 4:16 AM - Splitzblue: And he said that he got HSOWA'd.
Jul 19, 2015 4:17 AM - Moddex: That means ?
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:17 AM - Moddex: Smackt like a B
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:17 AM - Splitzblue: You get it?
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:17 AM - Moddex: .... I dont Explain XD
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:18 AM - Splitzblue: I don't you should.
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:18 AM - Splitzblue: I feel like I anticipated that.
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:19 AM - Moddex: ahhh Does that mean he got rekt by a Pokemon similar with that name ?
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:19 AM - Splitzblue: No.
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:19 AM - Moddex: you know from B W
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:19 AM - Moddex: Well Shiz
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:20 AM - Splitzblue: He was playing AS and he put a Wailord and Skitty into the Day-Care and then the game started acting weird.
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:20 AM - Moddex: .... XD
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:21 AM - Moddex: That Freaky Big Wail thing and that little Kitty .... sound Legit
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:22 AM - Moddex: so what happen
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:22 AM - Moddex: the game started acting weird and ?
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:22 AM - Splitzblue: Apparently, his character was upside-down.
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:22 AM - Splitzblue: Gotta go.
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:22 AM - Moddex: All Right
Jul 19, 2015 at 4:23 AM - Moddex: Up side down ..... Sounds unbelievable but what ever
Basically, my friend played AS and after doing the HSOWA, the game acted weird. That was just insanely funny.

While checking battle replays to delete and make space, I just noticed I faced in Battle Spot the same trainer, twice, in completely separated moments. And the most incredible thing, we sent the exact same four Pokemon, in different order, winning 1 each. I know repeating rivals is common for high ranked players, but I'm between 14xx and 15xx most of the time and never over 1650.

Aisaka, if you're somewhere, greetings!

Every time when Magic Bounce screws over the AI's pattern. Nothing like seeing a Purugly put itself to sleep with Hypnosis. The best part is that status moves reflected by Magic Bounce can still miss but it rarely does since AI attacks are nearly perfect in accuracy for some reason. There are few things more satisfying to a gamer than turning the AI's cheating against itself.

Confronting a Pokémon in Rumble World that knows a move that simply inflicts a status condition, like Toxic, and the Pokémon I was using has the Reflector trait. :evil:

Using Zorua/Zoroark in-game. The AI is clueless, and it's amusing and amazing to just what degree the AI is clueless. While everyone else was complaining about how hard it was to beat N's Sigilyph, in my game, I just kept beating it up while it kept on spamming Psybeam after ineffective Psybeam against what it thought to be a Pignite. XD

I find Wonder Trade hilarious, from the oddly nicknamed Pokémon to the insane hacked legendaries. My favorite is an Eevee named RICK ROLL'D with five perfect IVs, who I still have to this day.

While waiting for a specific email, I was bored, so I popped open my AlphaSapphire and turned on the wifi to see if any friends were on. I almost immediately got into a battle with a passerby trainer. He had a whole team of shiny (obviously hacked) legendaries, including a Mega Rayquaza. Now, how is this a "Hahahaha" moment? I swept him, badly. Very badly. I didn't lose a single Mon and barely took any damage, while his entire team was brutally crushed. Plus, for some really odd reason, most of his attacks were missing left and right, even if they had 100% accuracy. I'm not competitive, as I'm a casual gamer, but the fact that I trampled and trounced an entire team of hacked, shiny legends + a M-Rayquaza with my fun team almost made me drop the 3DS while laughing. The REALLY funny part is that after I beat him, he challenged me again, and then ragequit when his final Mon was barely standing while I still had a full, though more beat up than before, team. That whole thing felt oddly satisfying.

While waiting for a specific email, I was bored, so I popped open my AlphaSapphire and turned on the wifi to see if any friends were on. I almost immediately got into a battle with a passerby trainer. He had a whole team of shiny (obviously hacked) legendaries, including a Mega Rayquaza. Now, how is this a "Hahahaha" moment? I swept him, badly. Very badly. I didn't lose a single Mon and barely took any damage, while his entire team was brutally crushed. Plus, for some really odd reason, most of his attacks were missing left and right, even if they had 100% accuracy. I'm not competitive, as I'm a casual gamer, but the fact that I trampled and trounced an entire team of hacked, shiny legends + a M-Rayquaza with my fun team almost made me drop the 3DS while laughing. The REALLY funny part is that after I beat him, he challenged me again, and then ragequit when his final Mon was barely standing while I still had a full, though more beat up than before, team. That whole thing felt oddly satisfying.

I get that- I've had those kinds of battles myself. I actually swept the majority of one guy's team of legendaries and stuff with a Minun. It's pretty satisfying to win those kinds of battles, especially when you're sure the other guy cheated.

Does it have to be a funny hahahahaha or can it be a, I'm about to lose it but I'm laughing instead of crying, hahaha? After two days of horde encounters of trying to find a shiny starly, i gave up and decided to breed one instead.

Today I received a fateful encountered lvl 100 shiny Mauwile holding a Master Ball through wondertrade. All ribbons, Max contest stats, Max IV's and all.

Thank you stranger, for making me laugh. :)

In Pokemon platinum, down to my last Pokemon - Eevee, which I just received from Bebe. Fantina just had her Haunter left and I just consistently used sand-attack and growl. Eventually the Haunter knocked itself out after using Struggle a ton of times (I had a ton of Super Potions).

The first shiny I ever caught by myself. I was farming for Heart Scales in Pokémon X one day, and out of the blue, I accidentally a fishing chain for a SHINY. FREAKING. LUVDISC.
At the time I had a contact on Skype who absolutely despised Luvdisc (and while I don't blame him, I personally don't bear outright hate for any Pokémon), so seeing this was just hilarious to me.

About a year ago, I was doing a Wi-Fi battle with some predetermined custom rules against a frield of mine from overseas.
Namely, we would only use our favorite type. He used Fire and I used Ghost, but I also quietly restricted myself to just non-legendary Pokemon. It was generally quite amusing.
Right at the beginning, Entei failed to cause a burn with Sacred Fire twice and missed completely with the third one while Cofagrigus got up Trick Room and two layers of Toxic Spikes. Following on from that, the first Shadow Ball Cofagrigus used just happened to lower Entei's Special Defence.
He took first blood afterwards but with that stat drop and the Trick Room, Aegislash took it out and then finished off Blaziken after blocking a Flare Blitz and taking the next one to activate a Weakness Policy. Two Pokemon quickly folding due to horrible luck at the start of the match.

But the best part was just after Gengar single-handedly took out two more Pokemon with a single Hex, including a Reshiram that he'd taught Shadow Ball for this occasion. I then switched in my Flash Fire Chandelure to take a Flamethrower from his Mega Charizard Y, then outsped it with a Choice Scarf to throw out a nuclear-powered Overheat that brought it into the red and even nearly took it out in one shot despite being resisted and without a critical hit. I was laughing, he was a bit shaken, and since it was his only Pokemon unaffected by Toxic Spikes, it outright decided the match.

Last edited:
Just the very fact that I named my Snorlax in X after Tekken's resident Acrofatic, Bob, is absolutely hilarious to me.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom