• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "HAHAHAHA!!!" Moments

Getting traded a shiny Spanish event Mew last night. The fact that it's a hack is just so glaringly obvious; the second I saw it, I actually chuckled.

Gonna keep it, just because it's cute.

Getting traded a shiny Spanish event Mew last night. The fact that it's a hack is just so glaringly obvious; the second I saw it, I actually chuckled.

Gonna keep it, just because it's cute.

Reminds me of that one time I got traded a Shiny Adamant Groudon from the Embedded Tower. 5 perfect IVs, only missing the Special Attack stat that I wouldn't be using.

In OR, I was finally able the catch Rayquaza. My Pokémon were way underleveled comparing to the Rayquaza, but somehow, I was able to capture it the first time with a Quick Ball. It made me laugh in an almost manic way

In OR, I was finally able the catch Rayquaza. My Pokémon were way underleveled comparing to the Rayquaza, but somehow, I was able to capture it the first time with a Quick Ball. It made me laugh in an almost manic way
While Quick Balls are powerful, it's somewhat mitigated by how easy it is to catch Rayquaza in Oras (due to it being a required story catch). That being said, I did have a similar experience when I was catching Xerneas. Out of random, I decide to throw a Poké Ball after lowering its health down, and it clicked. The fact that my Xerneas stat distribution would turn out to be competitively viable still shocks me.

In general, I think it's actually stupid easy to catch Legendaries in Generation VI compared to previous Generations.

Hmmm, I can recall catching legendaries in Platinum, this was way harder than in any other game(at least that's how I remember it). In Red/Blue, Silver and Ruby it wasn't that hard. Maybe it's easier in the newer generations because of the variety in Poké Balls? I don't know man

Note: I wanted to quote you but I'm way too much new with forums

Note: I wanted to quote you but I'm way too much new with forums
There's a quote button to the right. You can also highlight sections of a post to only quote that part!

Hmmm, I can recall catching legendaries in Platinum, this was way harder than in any other game(at least that's how I remember it). In Red/Blue, Silver and Ruby it wasn't that hard. Maybe it's easier in the newer generations because of the variety in Poké Balls? I don't know man
In the Quick Ball's case, it got buffed between Generations - though I don't remember exactly if it was in Gen V or VI, it got a buff from x4 on the first turn of battle to x5 on the first turn of battle.
My experience with catching Legendaries... On the DS generations, they just seemed super-frustrating to me for some reason. Mewtwo especially. I have no idea what makes it feel so easy in Generation VI... Maybe it's the moveset they're given? The ease of raising Pokémon to do the job correctly? RNGods? And yes, I know Dusk Balls and Timer Balls are my friend, but I like having my Legendaries in Premier Balls D:

A moment that happened to me last night was me playing on my Omega ruby file and just realizing that as soon as I entered the elite four my team wasn't fully healed and nearly got blown the hell back by Drake, luckily it was my Swampert that was in his 60's levels he beat him and beat the champion steven or I would've if it wasn't for his cardily getting a critical giga drain causing me to laugh in frustration for minutes to just realize what happened:mad:

I was playing Yellow on Saturday--my hubby purchased all three VC games for me--and I talked to the old man who gives you the tutorial. The encounter went a little something like this:

Old Man: Let me show you how to catch a Pokemon!
Me: I have like five already but sure, go ahead.
*Rattata appears*
*Old Man throws Poke Ball*
*Rattata breaks free*
Old Man: Wait, WTF?!
Me: :ROFLMAO:

In Platinum. With Riley on Iron Island. My Camerupt alongside his Lucario. Against a Kirlia and a Hippopotas. Lucario was defeated, so I was left in one of those OH so lovely one-on-two battles. Camerupt copped a Psychic from Kirlia and fainted. Before I got to bring out the next Pokémon, Hippopotas used Earthquake and disposed of Kirlia. I was highly amused.

In AS, I trade in my high leveled team from X and beat the elite four and champion with no problem. I'm such a cheater. :sneaky:

In Platinum, Infernape used flamethrower and reduced the opponent's HP to the red zone and inflicted Burn status. The opponent than used dig and lost its last bit of HP underground.

You could say... *puts on sunglasses* That the opponent dug its own grave. *Yeaaaaaaah*

Trading away my spitbacks from previous breeding sessions on the WT, when I get a shiny Sableye. Right before realising this, I was overwhelmed in cuteness by a gif of kittens sleeping in a box, so there was a mood whiplash going on xD

Battling a passerby Trainer online in a double battle in AS. My Blaziken and Mega Gardevoir were in the yellow, as well as my last two Pokemon, while his Mega Galie and Swampert were at full HP, and he still had one Mon left. His Mega Galie used Explosion, but it missed both of my Pokemon and KOed both of his instead, landing a Critical Hit on Swampert in the process. I stifled the urge to laugh after he ragequit.

I was battling a swimmer and Thunder missed 5 times in a row. The swimmer's pokemon used Rain Dance.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom