• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "HAHAHAHA!!!" Moments

Me and my friend recently competed on Virtual Console, I had bought Yellow and he was coming over for a couple days and I convinced him to buy Red and we played through the games for the entire next day, but we went about it in two vastly different ways. He picked Charizard and basically just trained that, I started as Pikachu and played through Yellow as if I was Red, training a balanced team of the six Pokemon he uses. We'd battle after every couple gyms, unfortunately, he got to Brock way before I did considering how hard it is to beat Brock quickly in Yellow, but by only training Charmander, my friend had trouble at Misty so we caught up and battled but lost, now that there's the back story, we battled after Sabrina, where he had three Pokemon so I boxed one or two so I also had three and we battled, I had Pidgeot, Blastoise, and Pikachu, he used Charizard and a severely underleveled Mankey and Pidgeotto. He led with Charizard and I led with Pidgeot, he had been planning on sweeping my team with a severely overleveled Charizard, I used Sand Attack, he used Rage, he misses, I use Sand Attack again, he realizes he's locked into Rage and can't even switch out to reset his accuracy, I literally used Wing Attack to chip him down because he was locked into a Rage that couldn't hit :ROFLMAO:

Obviously I went on to win that battle because he had a level 60 something Charizard and I had a team of high 30s and low 40s, his other two were in the 20s.

Last edited:
Being flipped off by my friend when, instead of a legendary or mythical, it turned out the sixth Magikarp in my team was, like the other 5, an actual Magikarp.

Yeah, I lost the battle, but the look on their face...

This is my HAHAHAHA moment, which I will be rejoicing forever.

FOUR LUCKY EGGS! FOUR! COUNT THEM, FOUR, ON POKÉMON SUN, WHERE YOU CAN ONLY GET ONE PER GAME!
MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Edit: Aaaaaand... I GOT ONE MORE! FIVE F-ING LUCKY EGGS HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Last edited:
That moment in PMD: Explorers of Sky when Wigglytuff cried because me and my partner weren't able to bring any perfect apples and the fact that there were no perfect apples left in storage

The one thing in the Pokemon games that made me laugh was kadabra's fainting animation in Pokemon Colosseum LMAO!

I've had two HAHAHAHAHAHAHA moments today, playing the tiny tourney.
1) Had my Krookorok and Clefairy out. That clefairy, however, is not the normal Eviolite stall set. It's a genetically enhanced Clefairy, programmed to annihilate Kartanas... In other words, she has Flamethrower as her attack. Her only attack, as well. Anyways, there was no Kartanas out, so I just used a Flamethrower on a random enemy, 'cause I already had Sandstorm up and no reason to Follow Me. Well, guess what. The guy switched out the Pokémon I was Throwing Flames... FOR A KARTANA! HAHAHAHAHAHA
It's kinda pittiful, really. A beast with 109 base speed and 171 base attack can easily die to a Clefairy with no training in Special Attack. Even with Assault Vest.
2) Oh oh. That Eevee being used can only mean one thing: Extreme Evoboost. Yep, it has +2 on every stat. Except Attack, 'cause my Krokorok has Intimidate. It also has Roar HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When I was battling someone on the Battle Spot with my all-Bug team, I managed to beat their Mega Garchomp with my Volcarona after it had taken down my other two Pokemon. I know I'd already taken a chunk out of its health with my other two before they fainted to it, but I had no idea that Bug Buzz would finish it off.

On the Battle Tree, I ran across a Hypnosis + Dream Eater Gengar. After putting my Starmie to sleep, I switched to Alolan Muk as the Gengar proceeded to use Dream Eater. I then switched back to Starmie as it tried to put Muk to sleep, and then back to Muk as it tried to dream-eat my sleeping Starmie. Repeat until it's out of PP for those moves and win.

Battling Lusamine yesterday had quite the moment for me. She sent out Clefable and I sent out Van the Decidueye. Clefable is normally a major headache for most, especially when she uses Cosmic Power. I was planning on using Swords Dance + Leaf Blade combo to fight against that. She instead used Metronome... which resulted in Explosion. And since Decidueye is part Ghost... yeah, you can figure out how well that worked for her. Clefable defeated herself and Van came out without a scratch. I had a good snicker at her expense. Way to "blow" it, Lusamine.

I think my favorite thing to do is to battle Wallace in ORAS with Primal Kyogre. Does he really think Waterfall - or any other water type move - is going to work against Primal Kyogre? Having the 8th gym battle after saving the world is pretty anti-climactic.

Battling Lusamine yesterday had quite the moment for me. She sent out Clefable and I sent out Van the Decidueye. Clefable is normally a major headache for most, especially when she uses Cosmic Power. I was planning on using Swords Dance + Leaf Blade combo to fight against that. She instead used Metronome... which resulted in Explosion. And since Decidueye is part Ghost... yeah, you can figure out how well that worked for her. Clefable defeated herself and Van came out without a scratch. I had a good snicker at her expense. Way to "blow" it, Lusamine.

I had something similar when I fought Lusamine. I sent in Salazzle on her Clefable after she used a couple of Cosmic Powers. Then, as I proceeded to set up a Nasty Plot, her Clefable used Metronome and rolled Guard Swap. Needless to say, I then proceeded to set up another Nasty Plot at +2 defenses and sweep her with Salazzle's firepower and newfound bulk.

This more like a "What the...?" moment than a "Hahahaha!" moment, but I had a serious case of deja vu today. Once again, I was battling Lusamine, this time in Ultra Space. And once again, it was Van VS Celfable for the opening round. And, once again, I was preparing for Cosmic Power spam by getting Swords Dance ready. What happened? Celfable used Metronome... again. And the result... was Explosion. Again. Celfable KOed itself while Van came out unscathed. Again. What are the odds of that happening not once but TWICE? Clearly the RNG gods are messing with me again. And Lusamine must've been kicking herself after Metronome literally blew up in her face twice. She did pay me back a bit this time, however, as she OHKOed Zeke the Toucannon with one crit-hit Mystical Fire from Mismagius, though that was the only "successful" attack she used in that battle. But still... what are the odds of Metronome casting Explosion twice by the same Pokemon with the same Trainer in both battles? Still, I got a good snicker out of it. But some RNG god is clearly messing with me again (whether it be in my favor or just to mock me, either way RNG loves to mess with me).

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom