• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "HAHAHAHA!!!" Moments

In Ultra Moon, I went home and took a rest in my bed. Mom's Meowth approached me with an Awakening.

I don't know if it's meant to be sweet that it wants to wake me up or if it's a passive-aggressive message from the mother, but this had me laughing for quite a bit.

Last edited:
I had a very, let's just say "appropriate" "Hahahahaha!" moment in my replay of Alpha Sapphire. I was hunting for Mons with the DexNav (it generally has a better rate of finding rarer Mons than just running around the grass like a loon) and I encountered a pretty potent Slakoth. He was Lv15, 2 stars, and had the Body Slam egg move. I caught him and named him Sid after Sid the sloth from Ice Age. That's not the funny part. The funny part is Sid's nature and such: he has a Relaxed nature and "takes many siestas". I cracked up. Is that not the most appropriate nature and characteristic for a Slakoth? It won't be appropriate once he evolves into Vigoroth, but it will be once he becomes Slaking (if I decided to keep him around that long). But I had a good laugh at that.

This happened some 19-20 years ago back when I had Pokémon Red. For reasons unknown, I taught my Blastoise Mimic...it used Fly.

And who can forget Metronome shenanigans? Snorlax used Fly!

How does a Snorlax even fly!?

---------------

And this is what someone showed me.

h96BAE9AB

It still gets me that everyone once in a while when I catch a Magikarp (usually not my main intent), I cannot escape from battle. Really? The big mean Magikarp wants to battle my mon?

But like someone else in this thread, there's been a few times in USUM where I've sent out Mimikyu, and my opponent initiates a Z-Move to only have it essentially do nothing thanks to disguise.

Once had a Banette curse at my pokemon with very low health.

The helpful wise ghost sent itself back to the grave for me!

So, I was battling Hapu in her grand trial, and it was my Slowbro against her Mudsdale. Once my Slowbro put it to sleep with Yawn, he started raising his Defense to +6 with Withdraw, restoring any damage done in the process with Slack Off. Once his Defense was maximized, I was just sitting there, LOLing at the sight of the Draft Horse Pokémon doing miserable damage to my Slowbro. I was so persistent that I did not even attack the Mudsdale throughout the battle; I just kept on commanding my Slowbro to use Withdraw even though it would have no effect, just so I could watch Mudsdale faint itself with Struggle recoil. :ROFLMAO:

Me at Sliph Co in FR yesterday:
Me: Sends Nidoqueen
Scientists: Sends Voltorb (or Electrode)
Me: Dig. Nidoqueen burrows under the ground.
Them: Self-Destruct (or was it Explosion). KOes. Doesn't affect Nidoqueen because she's still underground.
Them: Sends a Magneton (or was it Magnemite)
Me: Nidoqueen uses Dig (comes out of the Ground). Foe Pokémon is OHKOed (4x weakness to Ground).
Me: Haha!

Had a very humorous moment in my HeartGold run.

I was training my Zubat (trying to get a Crobat, but at the rate she's going, she might not make it). She was facing a Rattata. I used Supersonic on it, successfully confusing the rat. That's not what's funny. What's funny is what happened next. Rattata hurt itself in its confusion, but that ended up triggering the Chilian Berry (do I have that spelling right) it was holding, weakening the damage to itself. The gem that followed is what made me nearly bust a gut: "Foe's Chilian Berry weakened Tail Whip's power". Yes, you read that right: weakened Tail Whip's power. That means the move Rattata was going to use was Tail Whip, but hurt itself instead, triggering its berry, and capping it off with that little gem. In all my years of playing these games, I've NEVER seen a message quite like that before. I was still snickering when I finally decided it was worthy of posting here.

Recently, I've been dabbling with the Seven Deadly Sins anime (the one with Meliodas and Elizabeth, as I think there are a couple of SDS series out there) out of boredom (I learned of it from the video game version of it, which I got at Gamestop during their Pro Day sale) and I must admit I like it (yeah, it has ecchi in it, but I still find it fun). So, for kicks, I decided to restart my SoulSilver game (it had already been picked clean of anything of use, so it would be no loss) and, just for a bit of fun, name my Mons after the characters. I started with Cyndaquill, named him Meliodas, then checked his nature. ...It was Naughty. I got a good snicker out of it.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom