• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Your "HAHAHAHA!" moments.

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
What are those things in Pokémon GO where you just have to sit there and laugh your head off?

The one time I finally caught a Vulpix I was walking past a construction site on campus and I thought to myself "What, do all the construction worker pokemon like Geodude and Machop have the day off today?" and then the very next day walking past the same spot I caught a Geodude. ^<__<^;;

I was discussing online with some friends about the event and more particularly how many Swinub I managed to catch today (this morning I didn't even have Piloswine, and now I'm ready for Mamoswine too), then logged into the game to check how many Swinub Candy I got and tell them... moments later, a Swinub spawns on top of me :p

A few weeks ago, I was at a gym waiting for the egg to reveal the raid boss. While I was waiting, I took over the gym and turned it into my own, so that when I defeated the boss, I'll receive extra premier balls as a result of controlling the gym. Then, others showed up, and attempted to defeat my Dragonite and steal the gym that I myself had just stolen. I watched Dragonite's CP slowly drop, only to feed him a golden razz berry. I ended up feeding Dragonite three, to instantly get his CP back to maximum every time. They failed at taking my gym before the raid boss appeared.

I win.

A few weeks ago, I was at a gym waiting for the egg to reveal the raid boss. While I was waiting, I took over the gym and turned it into my own, so that when I defeated the boss, I'll receive extra premier balls as a result of controlling the gym. Then, others showed up, and attempted to defeat my Dragonite and steal the gym that I myself had just stolen. I watched Dragonite's CP slowly drop, only to feed him a golden razz berry. I ended up feeding Dragonite three, to instantly get his CP back to maximum every time. They failed at taking my gym before the raid boss appeared.

I win.

Anyone who takes a gym in which the defending Pokémon have been there less a couple hours is rude. So good for you.

Anyone who takes a gym in which the defending Pokémon have been there less a couple hours is rude. So good for you.

Not really. All's fair in love and war, and this is a Pokémon war.

There shouldn't be a reason why people should have to wait a couple of hours just because someone recently put a new Pokémon in there. The gym doesn't really even say how long the gym has been claimed for.

I just wanted the extra premier balls once I completed the raid, plus, it was funny to watch people attempt to take the gym and fail.

There shouldn't be a reason why people should have to wait a couple of hours just because someone recently put a new Pokémon in there. The gym doesn't really even say how long the gym has been claimed for.
Also a good point; it's just a matter of courtesy.
The gym's defenders do say how long they've been around, though.

I just wanted the extra premier balls once I completed the raid, plus, it was funny to watch people attempt to take the gym and fail.

Remember the Golden Rule "Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you." So don't be upset when your newly captured gym falls in under 10 minutes.

Remember the Golden Rule "Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you." So don't be upset when your newly captured gym falls in under 10 minutes.

I'm not exactly going to cry about it when someone takes my gym. I expect that. That is literally the entire point. The gyms are already set so that whichever person defeats the gym gets priority on claiming the gym, and that alone is already more than fair.

It is completely silly to expect anyone to go through the trouble of walking to a gym, seeing it was only claimed an hour ago and then feel disappointed as they walk away due to some nonsense courtesy. That's not how the game works at all, and neither should it.

The thread is for "HAHAHA" moments, not Gym discussion. So let's please keep it in on-topic from here.

Not a personal moment, but just the fact that Niantic accidently released the shiny version of Zapdos instead of the normal one is pretty funny.

Luck works in weird ways. Today I got in a Girafarig encounter and went for Razz Berry + Ultra Ball + Great throw (as I can't do curveballs at all and only do Excellent if lucky; I think I really need to learn curveballs at some point however but always keep delaying it to prevent wasting Poke Balls). Anyway, the circle was a light yellow (which I once thought meant a guaranteed capture with a Great throw but nah) and the Girafarig broke out and immediately fled :(

Fast forward to the Entei raid a few minutes later. 6 people, some of which were using curveballs and Excellents efficiently. I got a Golden Razz + Excellent (out of some luck-but-not-quite) that failed. I had to stick to simple Razz from there on, and ended up being the only one catching it with Razz + Great at a full red circle (basically a much harder Girafarig).

The raiders nearby were somewhat shocked and part of me felt like chuckling but I also felt bad for them not getting it :(

So, I was playing with some friends and between them were two which are father and son (it's kinda cute to see them play together, the dad got his 9-year-old son into the game a few months after he started). Anyway, as we were playing around the kid missed some Pokemon which fled and threw a small tantrum, and his dad said jokingly (as if he was posting in the Discord server) "Please stop, I'll mute you." and the boy was like "Mewtwo?! Where, where? We gotta catch it!" Everyone around laughed hard, it was one of the best accidental wordplays I've heard, especially since it was done with English words but all said in Greek.

Nicknaming some of my Pokémon with profane words. Like nicknaming my 100IV Eevee and Medicham "Motherfucker".

(I got inspired by No More Heroes games :D)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom