• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your hopes for sun and moon

You can't just tell me that the Zygarde forms are anime exclusive when there's two hidden Ground type moves still in the game's code that are obviously for Zygarde. Remember Ice Burn and Freeze Shock? It's the exact same situation.
They've tried too hard to surprise us that it's come across as lacking common sense.

The hint is in the term used. Those moves are hidden. You wouldn't even know about them if it wasn't for hackers digging into X/Y's data days after it released. Kinda silly to say you were completely convinced by something Game Freak never spoke about or alluded to.

As for trying too hard....maybe giving Zygarde so much attention with no game to promote was pretty ott, but so what? It deserved something after being denied its own game and not being in the 2016 movie alongside Volcanion.

I'm hoping and wondering if Lunatone and Solrock might play an interesting role in Sun / Moon. I think it would be pretty fun if they could at least get megas. x)

How was AZ left hanging? His story had a definitive and satisfying conclusion, with him moving on from the pain that led him to build the Ultimate Weapon and being reunited with Floette, and we already know how his story began. What happened between Floette abandoning him and him encountering the player is unimportant. There's really nothing left to explore there.

AZ, in my opinion, feels very last minute and while we did get his backstory and happy ending, I felt there could have been more done with him. Like how much influence did he have on the Pokémon in his 3000 year walk? Did he visit Kanto, Johto, etc.? What was the great war that happen long ago and what is AZ trying to do now? He feels like he should be more important than he was in the game. Part of that comes from the fact he was introduced half-way into the story without any real foreshadowing. It left me wanting him to be a natural part of the story, which I felt was not executed well in the games.

I only hope for one thing...

GOOD STORYLINE.

I play FE Fates now and SoS PopoloCrois next. Popolo is based on manganime so I think will have at lease decent storyline.

And FE Fates' Storyline is Amazing!! The best game story line that I've play and still maintaining great music and graphic..

So SM need to have it too... GOOD STORYLINE!!

Decent story and post game. Zygarde's forms to be available. Eternal Floette available. Dragon legendary pokemon. Dragon gym leader, Dragon elite four or Champion.

I only hope for one thing...

GOOD STORYLINE.
Me too... But I'm trying to lower my expectations because I fear how much I will be disappointed.... It's sad, honestly.... I've been hoping this for generations.... So badly last time that I almost wrote a fan fic....

Decent story and post game. Zygarde's forms to be available. Eternal Floette available. Dragon legendary pokemon. Dragon gym leader, Dragon elite four or Champion.
Story-yes. Post game-yes. Zygarde forms- please yes. Floette-please yes.
Whoa whoa whoa Gym Leader, yeah.... Elite Four, fine.... Champion? We've had enough of those, come on.... Also I want a dragon legendary too, but it better not be a dragon legendary trio. Just one, kinda like a Genesect-Darkrai thing. Maybe non-event instead.

The hint is in the term used. Those moves are hidden. You wouldn't even know about them if it wasn't for hackers digging into X/Y's data days after it released. Kinda silly to say you were completely convinced by something Game Freak never spoke about or alluded to.

Woah... you know, somehow, that never occurred to me. Yeah, you're right, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves don't technically exist right now (well, no, hang on now - can they show up as meal styles at the Hotel Richissime, like Light of Ruin?)...

AZ, in my opinion, feels very last minute and while we did get his backstory and happy ending, I felt there could have been more done with him. Like how much influence did he have on the Pokémon in his 3000 year walk? Did he visit Kanto, Johto, etc.? What was the great war that happen long ago and what is AZ trying to do now? He feels like he should be more important than he was in the game. Part of that comes from the fact he was introduced half-way into the story without any real foreshadowing. It left me wanting him to be a natural part of the story, which I felt was not executed well in the games.

Yeah, but there is a difference between "left hanging" and "poorly written." AZ was the latter (oh so much), not the former.

Gen VI didn't really leave anything hanging aside from Zygarde, and the Anistar Sundial. Similar to what Lufenian pointed out above, we wouldn't even know about Eternal Floette being more than just a special one-off for the storyline if it weren't for the dataminers.

Maybe this is what we all deserve for peeking at the code. :p

Woah... you know, somehow, that never occurred to me. Yeah, you're right, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves don't technically exist right now (well, no, hang on now - can they show up as meal styles at the Hotel Richissime, like Light of Ruin?)...

Yeah, but there is a difference between "left hanging" and "poorly written." AZ was the latter (oh so much), not the former.

Gen VI didn't really leave anything hanging aside from Zygarde, and the Anistar Sundial. Similar to what Lufenian pointed out above, we wouldn't even know about Eternal Floette being more than just a special one-off for the storyline if it weren't for the dataminers.

Maybe this is what we all deserve for peeking at the code. :p

Which is why I hope they kinda revise or explain AZ better in future games relating to XY. Like Cyrus with Platinum. Or the rival in HeartGold and SoulSilver. His story leaves me wanting, and I want to see it be done better. Given his age, there's no real excuse not have AZ in future games around like Looker or even Professor Oak.

I'd like to forget that he ever happened, personally.

For the love of all things fuzzy...don't dumb this down like in Gen's V and VI, don't keep removing features (keep soaring..!), and have a good post game (preferably a battle frontier!)

Eh I didn't feel there was much of any hand holding in V and VI. I didn't honestly notice the pokemon count for other trainers, so that's a slight curiosity for me towards that decision.

And honestly, I don't understand the whole linear thing. The only game I felt wasn't linear was Diamond/Pearl. That's the only game where I sat around and usually give up on the game because I somehow manage to not know what direction I'm supposed to go next after getting to a certain point. I... honestly do not feel pokemon is a game that should require you to be told what direction you should be going to progress. Due to the fact this somehow happened to me TWICE in Diamond I'm pretty relieved that the games sort of point you in the right direction. It's not like Pokemon is your typical RPG with a ton of optional areas to go to. It's not the kind of game that lends itself to too many side quests.

This might be not be a popular opinion, but I want a far less detailed and grandiose storyline. Less "good versus evil" and "save the world" type stuff. There are plenty of other games you can get for that kind of action. The original goal of the Pokemon games wasn't competitive battling or "saving the world", it was supposed to be about completing the Pokedex and having to interact with others to do it. I don't want the battling taken completely out, but make the main character more of a scientist than a superhero. Give the player more choices to make in terms of where and when they go places and what order they challenge the gyms/Elite 4. Put more of a focus on completing the Dex instead of rushing through the gyms with some over leveled team(let's face it, almost all of us, myself included, use a single team to beat the in game storyline and most don't make any effort to go back and complete the Dex beyond the limited number of pokemon they want to IV breed for their competitive team). Put in some dex gathering requirements for furthering the game(like you can't get to the next route unless you have seen so many pokemon or caught a certain pokemon).

All in all; return the game to it's original purpose of "collecting them all" and back away at least somewhat from the whole "save the world" aspect.

This is never going to happen, but I'd appreciate it if they sorted out the mess that is ground immunity.
  • We have 'floating' Pokemon that Levitate; equally floating Pokemon that can't Levitate; Duskull and Bronzong which only Levitate sometimes; Pokemon that visually aren't floating but apparently are Levitating (Gengar); and how the fuck do some of these things even Levitate?
  • We have a lot of Flying Pokemon that don't have wings; some that can't even get off the ground (Dodrio, Ledyba, maybe Farfetch'd and lots of 'baby' birds like Natu); and some that can properly fly with wings and everything, but aren't Flying (they levitate instead because obviously).
  • And why does not being on the ground make you completely immune to ground moves anyway? Being off the ground won't save you from a Drill Run, Bonemerang, Mud Bomb/Shot/Slap or Sand Tomb/Attack.
Obviously this is mostly nitpicking, but I'd really appreciate some consistency (also, my Metagross really doesn't like those Earthquakes and it should totally be immune to them).

Why not scrap Levitate, giving the former Levitators shiny new abilities, and allow Ground attacks to hit Flying types neutrally? Then, just designate some Pokemon (most flying types + levitators + more) to be 'Airborne'. These Pokemon could resist ground type moves, with full immunity to 'grounded' moves like Earthquake, Earth Power, Spikes, etc.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom