• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your hopes for sun and moon

I agree with everything you wrote except MAYBE this. I'm not sure what you mean by simple. If it's simple but AWESOME, that's fine then.
i think they mean less convoluted. since Game Freak started incorporating the box legendaries as key aspects of the stories they have gotten a bit extra.

Indeed. By simple I meant nothing grandiose like the whole 'save the world' plots. I'd appreciate something that's easier to get into and isn't so dramatic.

Indeed. By simple I meant nothing grandiose like the whole 'save the world' plots. I'd appreciate something that's easier to get into and isn't so dramatic.

OOOH okay, so it could still, for example:
-be emotionally engaging
-deal with deep concepts/ideas (BW's plot, IMO)
-make character development a thing
-have "plot twists", and other such things stories have

And so on?

I don't care much for "save the world" plots if they don't have the above factors. Given the target audience though, I think save the world plots are going to stay with us for quite some time though....
But yeah, I really just want a story that's actually like a story.

Make it as emotional as the Mystery Dungeon series. I'd be all for it. XD
A rival that isn't all nice and friendly (aka. Gary and Silver like rivals)
New styles of battles.
A dark type gym leader. xD (like 8th gym leader please or Champion. I'd be cool with that too).

Here is what I hope:
  • No Soaring
  • No Dexnav
  • Dark gym and Dragon gym
  • Gym leader rematches with mega evolutions
  • About 15 mega evolutions
  • About 9 legendaries with at least one Dragon
  • Dragon pseudo legend
  • Decent story line
  • Decent Post Game

OOOH okay, so it could still, for example:
-be emotionally engaging
-deal with deep concepts/ideas (BW's plot, IMO)
-make character development a thing
-have "plot twists", and other such things stories have

And so on?

Most definitely! I just don't want anything over the top, but that doesn't mean it can't be engaging.

Of course, this is just my hope/wish for the gen. ^^

Oh here's another thing.

I want the move animations to all be unique. Every single one of them like back in Stadium. I don't like how so many physical moves have the same animations.

Oh here's another thing.

I want the move animations to all be unique. Every single one of them like back in Stadium. I don't like how so many physical moves have the same animations.
A lot of the Stadium/ColoXD animations were pretty similar... it's hard to vary up the animations of moves that require similar physical actions.

I dunno about all move animations being unique. There's already 721 pokemon. That's a lot of animations to program into a single game if each pokemon got more than a handful of animations. Even two animations per pokemon ups that number to 1442 different animations to be stored in the game's systems. With every animation per pokemon the number just jumps higher and higher. Plus with a new generation means new pokemon and new moves so the numbers just raise faster.

Here is what I hope:
  • No Soaring
  • No Dexnav
  • Dark gym and Dragon gym
  • Gym leader rematches with mega evolutions
  • About 15 mega evolutions
  • About 9 legendaries with at least one Dragon
  • Dragon pseudo legend
  • Decent story line
  • Decent Post Game

No soaring? Awww.... I would love it if they expanded it with a "riding pokemon" concept (another thread)
Why no DexNav? Hmm...
Dragon pseudo legend? I very much would like it if they DIDN'T have one of those AGAIN. Literally all generations except Gen II have a dragon pseudo legend. Pleeeeaaase.

I dunno about all move animations being unique. There's already 721 pokemon. That's a lot of animations to program into a single game if each pokemon got more than a handful of animations. Even two animations per pokemon ups that number to 1442 different animations to be stored in the game's systems. With every animation per pokemon the number just jumps higher and higher. Plus with a new generation means new pokemon and new moves so the numbers just raise faster.
Though you are mostly correct.....
I think a distinction can be made between Pokemon animations and the move animations themselves... They are definitely not going to make one animation for every Pokemon's every move. What they have right now is more, there's about 3-5 (I think?) animations per Pokemon, and all of a Pokemon's moves are matched with one of these animations... I think it would be nice if we could get a FEW more Pokemon (not move) animations; they don't have to make them super awesome or anything, but it would feel more varied.

Masuda visits a lot of places, and certainly not just for "investigation".

The Strange Souvenir's description specifically says that the region is far from Kalos. I see no reason to expect south France or Spain.

In the pokemon world those could be far from the other regions.

1. Probably wishful thinking, but at least one gay or bi character. Doesn't even have to be a major character, doesn't have to be a big thing; I'd be happy with a family in some random house that just happens to have two moms or two dads.
Wallace's new outfit didn't do it for you?
I'd like to see:
  • an opossum, a tree kangaroo, a red panda, more bats, a weasel, an armadillo (maybe a fairy armadillo? that'd give us fairy/ground), some kind of fairy/dragon type, more fairies in general, any of these would be super exciting to get (maybe another dragonfly pokemon, or a mantis as well?)

You want a team full of Zubats?

Weasel: Buizel
Armadillo: Sandshrew
Dragonfly: Yanma
Mantis: Scyther

I have nothing against Trainer Customization, I enjoy it myself, but I am just kinda surprised it seems to be the n1 feature for a lot of people, when this is a franchise where the Pokemon are more important than then PC.
I don't think anyone is saying it's necessary. They just want it, which is understandable. But I doubt anyone will quit because of it or throw a huge fit unless they are really that kind of person. The disappointment will probably be like what we felt when permanent running shoes and walking pokemon were taken from us. A nice feature that we loved, but no big deal that it's gone. I think you're blowing it a bit out of proportions.
Pretty much everything's been said in previous posts. The one thing I'd like to see return is the Lost Item quest from B2W2. A subtle dating simulation :3

And short shorts for the male PC.
You would be the one to suggest that :p

Though I do agree. Those would be fun. I would finally be able to enjoy shipping myself with N and Silver.

Like Gen I and Gen II where you just happened to slaughter rocket grunts while trying to be champion. I would especially like not having adults be morons, such as Burgh sending a child, on the twisty path, after criminals, and taking the straight, criminal free path for himself.

Bring back Gen I and II plot style!!!

In seriousness:

I would love character customization because I had fun with it, but it's not a necessity.
A simpler plot that's not all "The Power of One"
Lot's of new little monsters that I can force to fight.
More trainer battles, or longer trainer battles.
Dark type gym please.
A pokemon based on my rat-dog.
Early game freaking move deleter, especially if they force HMs like defog again.
Naming your rival. So much more fun.
Permanent running shoes.
Removable skates.
No dragon gym, E4, or champion. Heck I want unique everything for those.
Female evil team leader.
Female rival like Silver and Blue.
Few legendaries.
A region that looks cool.
Lots of sadism and masochism because that's their titles. I mean what else does SM stand for?

EDIT: Btw by female rival like Silver and Blue, I mean personality, not that those two are female. I just realized how that can come off strangely.

Last edited:
Extra hotties.
Beachwear if they have beaches in this game (inb4 we get wetsuits instead of bikinis and speedos)
More clothing options for the male PC. I want a tux. If Steven can go around deserts and caves and climb mountains in his business suit to collect rocks, then surely we can do that, too.
Challenge mode available from the beginning.

You want a team full of Zubats?

Weasel: Buizel
Armadillo: Sandshrew
Dragonfly: Yanma
Mantis: Scyther

Heck YES, I love Zubat.

But jokes aside, I was thinking more along the lines of more bat variety!! We're admittedly pretty good with bats, since we've got the Noibat, Zubat and Woobat lines (and arguably Pumpkaboo), but I think there are definitely still ways they could make a bat Pokemon interesting. We don't have a bona-fide vampire bat Pokemon yet, as far as I'm concerned Woobat doesn't count as a Honduran White bat, and we don't have any bat that's not purple/blue... what about an orange bat?

Buizel is more of a river otter, I kinda want like a fully evolved weasel that doesn't lose the noodle-y fast-looking aspect of them, which Floatzel... doesn't have, it's a got a big raft stuck to it's back. Furret is the closest we get and it's really not viable competitively, nor does it look a lot like a ferret or a weasel (and this is coming from someone who loves Furret). It's more of something I'd like to see them do another take on, like how we already had a tadpole line but they gave us a new alternate one in Gen V.

Sandshrew evolves into a pangolin and looks almost nothing like an armadillo, again I'd just like to see a different take on the concept.

Same goes with dragonfly (dragon/bug, anyone???) and mantis (also look, just because we have Scyther certainly doesn't mean they exhausted the creative possibilities of 'mantis'. Scyther's only mantis-like features are being green, being a bug, and the arms, sort of (mantises don't really use their arms for slicing? which doesn't mean I'm saying that it's not a valid way to make a mantis Pokemon, only that there's totally more stuff they can do with the idea of 'mantis pokemon').[/QUOTE]

Probably wishful thinking, but at least one gay or bi character. Doesn't even have to be a major character, doesn't have to be a big thing; I'd be happy with a family in some random house that just happens to have two moms or two dads.

This would be great, but I have to ask, what is the general social climate like in Japan about this? I don't know, myself.

No soaring? Awww.... I would love it if they expanded it with a "riding pokemon" concept (another thread)
Why no DexNav? Hmm...

I don't mind leaving Soaring as an ORAS exclusive. The DexNav would be a shame for us to lose, but it's pretty much inevitable that we will. Just like Trainer customization. (Although, I do hope that the Habitat List-esque function of the DexNav survives in some form; I was very happy when they integrated that from B2W2 into it.)

I just hate that I have to constantly accept that every great new feature will be only a fleeting experience.

You know, *that's* probably my only regret as far as not getting a Z game goes; that we don't get to spend more time with (a probably expanded-upon) customization feature.

Last edited:
My hope on Sun and Moon?

Only one thing. No Hawaii please. I thought they wanted to step out to the world. You already went to US once. Ofcourse New York is not the whole USA but its a setback. There is so much in the world to explore, and I hope Pokemon Company is not seriously thinking they will have 2 or 3 more generations to work with. Pokemon is far from a dying franchise, but no one can deny that it is losing steam.

They understood this in some way by finally adding the Chinese language options, which has a very big market, but then the decision to go back to USA is just... bad. How about Africa? Other places in Asia and Europe? South America? If it is really Hawaii it means the rest of the world have a high chance to never get visited. Ever.

And Hawaii is just too small, putting 8 gyms on it is too packed and forced. Not to mention if it includes several islands, its no longer something new because Hoenn did it. Improved version or not its not a new terrain to traverse through anymore.

More clothing options for the male PC. I want a tux. If Steven can go around deserts and caves and climb mountains in his business suit to collect rocks, then surely we can do that, too.
Yes, please. And no freaking gender-locking either; I might be female but what if I want my female PC to rock a tux? Shouldn't I have that option? And what if a guy leans more towards frills and lace? Shouldn't he get his wish as well? I mean, they are CLOTHES. Who cares who wears what? I sure as heck don't.

A few more hopes:
- More Unova Megas (Golurk, Bisharp, Sawk and Druddigon could use some freaking love)
-Customization returns
-Friend Safaris return with expanded rosters
-An updated Join Avenue
-Pokemon-Amie and Super Training return
-Battling Facility with TONS MORE RIBBONS
-More Ribbons in general

That's all I have for right now. I might add some stuff later.

Did changing the skin tone of your player character also change your mother's as well? I always wondered this....

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom