• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your hopes for sun and moon

Weirdly enough I would love the regional bird to be a pure flying type all the way; but we only have one pure-flying type; Tornadus lol.

If not pure flying, then a Flying/Fairy or Flying/Ground would be nice and different, only Flying/Ground Pokémon I think we have right now are Gligar & Gliscor.

- Dark-types to FINALLY get a Gym. It's the ONLY type that's NEVER had one! Fairies and Steel get their own Gym when they're introduced, but Dark languishes without for 15 years?! o_O

- Team Rocket as the Villain Team, though I KNOW that's not happening :(

- Get rid of the Rule of 6 and let players carrying some extra Pokémon around. Rotation has become a pain in the ass that has gotten worse every generation and they need to make it less of one. If the Ranger and Mystery Dungeon games can give players bigger teams, a Main Series game should to!

- Diverse region for the main game like Hoenn. Please no Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh or Unova
- Good music (Something like Gen 6).

For now.

I want a plot on par with BW, and an increase in difficulty. If I'm nearing the end of a game, I'd want challenging battles, not an 8th Gym Leader with only 3 Pokémon, and an Elite Four member with 4. That is just weak.
And while we're at it, a difficulty selection that's actually available from the beginning, none of that BW2 Key nonsense.

EDIT: And the Battle Frontier.

Last edited:
I kind of hope that they have a post game with Complete Zygarde but I am not counting on it to be honest.

Also, if we get roller skates, make it a key item that we can take off...I hated using the D-Pad to walk and run since the circle pad is so much more comfortable...

I hope that we get in-battle 3D models for all trainers, or at the very least for Gym Leaders and E4. The use of Sugimori art at the start and end of battles was one of my major gripes about Gen VI.

Both of these! I really disliked the roller skates, but using the d-pad to walk was even worse so yeah, please let us be able to walk with the circle pad.

And no matter how pretty the Sugimori art for the trainers is, it makes them seem... less real or something. With the sprites at least it looked like there was a person in front of you and now you just see a picture. At least the gym leaders, E4 and Champion should have 3D-models, but it would be great if every trainer got one.

Other wishes:
  • Customization: no customization would really break the game for me. I would still buy it, but would be severely disappointed.
  • Female professor: cause one is not enough.
  • Female evil team leader: cause zero is not enough.
  • Less screens in the bottom screen: it was so full in ORAS D:
  • GTS improvements: like reverse search and impossible trade requests not being allowed.
  • Epic music: I dunno, imo X/Y just really lacked in that department, I didn't like any of the music and absolutely loathed the Pokémon and trainer battle music. It was too... happy? I dunno. Really would love music like in HGSS, but I've seen a lot of people on this forum hate that music so yeah, probably a very personal opinion ^^;
  • Good story: like others have said, the story in X/Y was pretty lackluster. Would also prefer a story that for once doesn't have anything to do with the box legendary.
I would also really love following Pokémon to return (in optional form) and multiple save games, but I doubt that's gonna happen...

I'm actually one of the people that prefer the art over 3D models. I'm the 2D > 3D type of person, though there are exceptions. Sometimes I prefer the 3D. I'm probably part of the minority, and I wouldn't be terribly sad if they added more 3D models for battles.

I think it's because the 3D art of Pokemon is kind of "eh" when they do the cinematic scenes or the Pokemon Battle openings. I love it in overworld though. Much better than the sprites.

On the other hand, the 3D allows the characters to move and, thus, give us a bit of characterization. I'll be happy either way. I just want the regular random trainers to keep their art. :LOL:

Customization: no customization would really break the game for me. I would still buy it, but would be severely disappointed.
I think this is a must now, they can't dip their toes in the water and skimp out this time for a feature like this so +1
Female professor: cause one is not enough.
Yesss and lets make her hot tamale too +1
Female evil team leader: cause zero is not enough.
Yesss, again, drop it like it's hot! +1
Epic music: I dunno, imo X/Y just really lacked in that department, I didn't like any of the music and absolutely loathed the Pokémon and trainer battle music. It was too... happy? I dunno. Really would love music like in HGSS, but I've seen a lot of people on this forum hate that music so yeah, probably a very personal opinion ^^;
XY's OST was mediocre at best, the techno just didn't work, the battles definitely need to be more upbeat, and I would love for the themes to have some type of worldly flare to them to reflect their design influence, think Ecruteak City HGSS or Lentimas Town B2W2 +1
Good story: like others have said, the story in X/Y was pretty lackluster. Would also prefer a story that for once doesn't have anything to do with the box legendary.
More realistic goals would be amazing for the evil group, the intent can still be ridiculous but realistic

I would also really love following Pokémon to return (in optional form) and multiple save games, but I doubt that's gonna happen...
I would love it back as well +1

Very well said @Soki!

Last edited by a moderator:
-Post League Kalos.
-The vehicles play a major role, and some replace HM's, which is why Pokemon are central to them, like the Ditto driving the pikcup truck, Blastoise putting out the fires, and so on.
-Expanding on above, a more open world approach to routes. Like if its based on hawaii like I speculated, perhaps the sea routes are more akin to classical routes, where as the islands have designated man made routes not to get lost between settlements, but the rest of the island is fair game for open exploration.

Either more Megas or a new mechanic to boost Pokemon from older generations.
There are just so many Kanto/ Johto Pokemon that needs a boost, and I'm especially referring to those that didn't receive an evo in Gen 4.

Covering loose ends from Gen 6 and incorporating elements of other previous gens. Gotta go big for the 20th anniversary.

If it's bare bones like Gen 6 I might not buy it.

- Improved story-lines and characterization
- Something for Zygarde
- Improvements for ice type
- improved post-game and return of post-game episodes.
- Include more differences between versions like the gen V games
- increased difficulty
- Improvements to armie and super training
- More multi-type moves like flying press
- improved region design
- More side quests

I've gotten out of Pokemon so much in the past two years that I'm not really sure what my hopes are for Sun and Moon. All I know is that I want character customization, clothes and skin tone and hair. Doesn't have to be grand with all these different hairstyles or clothes and whatnot, but a little customization would be nice. In OR/AS, I believe they left it out because it was a re-make (although technically they could of put it in anyways) and they were old characters with already basic designs....Or something of the sort. There's no reason, in my opinion, to leave it out of S&M. Other then that I'm just eager to see what happens with the new games/what the new games are like and hoping they'll get me back into Pokemon.

• Epic music: I dunno, imo X/Y just really lacked in that department, I didn't like any of the music and absolutely loathed the Pokémon and trainer battle music. It was too... happy? I dunno. Really would love music like in HGSS, but I've seen a lot of people on this forum hate that music so yeah, probably a very personal opinion ^^;
  • Good story: like others have said, the story in X/Y was pretty lackluster. Would also prefer a story that for once doesn't have anything to do with the box legendary.

Completly agree.

XY battle theme were dizzing, and too happy go luck. I would love more songs Like N castle, the epic champion songs for the first four games, and the first three games where there was more "somber" songs in the caves, forests, villain hideout that made me thrill

~ Player Customization. I always saw this as a way of acknowledging the global fandom, allowing everyone around the world to express themselves through a character avatar. And it makes the diversity of the community much more present in-game when you can see everyone's designs via online matchups or the PSS. It'd be a shame if they remove that kind of element from the game again.

~ Writing and characterizations that are on par with the things that we got to see in BW. At the very least, some more activity from the Pokemon League officials would be great.

~ More thoughtful design for in-game boss characters and rivals. People always point fingers at the Exp.Share or player experience when it comes to game difficulty, but the 6th Generation had several genuinely poor design choices besides. From the incomplete movesets to smaller rosters of Pokemon and terribad strategies like Mega Lucario with Heal Pulse (in singles), or a Mega Gardevoir that runs Captivate and Stored Power without Calm Mind :/ It was a huge step backward from BW2, where a-lot of characters could be found running Competitive Held items, full teams of 6, and solid strategies by the end of the game. And if there's a concern for people who might have trouble, or for those who just want to reach the end of the game (like Competitive Players), then...

~ ...Re-implement Difficulty Settings (properly) to accommodate varying play-styles.

~ Sizable post-League...Tutor moves..."3rd Mascot" story arc, if one exists (Like the Delta Episode, I suppose. It would be cool if that format becomes a standard)...And anything else that 3rd Editions were noteworthy for including...From the start this time. Hold nothing back. Please.

I trust them with the rest :] Here's hoping.

More realistic goals would be amazing for the evil group, the intent can still be ridiculous but realistic...maybe even some cheeky fun poked at the feminazis/SJW people by making them feel some kind of oppression between pokemon of different genders +1

Definitely. I find realistic villains to be the most threatening.

1) customization with good options for both genders
2) EXP share the same way it was in Gen VI
3) interesting story but not an overbearing story (like it was in BW) story
4) balanced Pokedex. i liked having a lot of familiar Pokemon in XY, though it was perhaps too much. that being said, i don't want the Pokedex to be mostly new ones.
5) quality; in Gen VII is going to mark a departure from the meh first entry pair with great third game (or third game pair, in the case of BW2), then Game Freak better make sure that Sun/Moon get it right the first time, especially since they robbed XY of that.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom