• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your hopes for sun and moon

Give Ledyba and Ladian more HP and Attack. For punching-based Pokemon, they have pitiful attack even with Iron Fist.
I'd support that a lot. I've always wanted to use the ladybugs, but they're so weak that I just can't do it. I'd love to see some of the weaker fully-evolveds get a boost.

I hope and wish for a dragon/ghost skeleton pokemon with ability: immune to all special attacks.
With Total stats of that between a Shedinja and a Gengar.
But with enough hp to fight right.

Gym leaders with mega evolution in rematch - same goes for elite four and champion. Mascot pokemon to have a good role in story. A few new dragon types - Dragon/Normal, Dragon/Bug and Dragon/Fighting.

Like in the anime/manga, trainers shout things to their pokemon that could turn the tide of battle. For example, encouragement could temporarily boost stats including evasion while discouragement has the opposite effect and the pokemon might ignore orders or miss.

Like in the anime/manga, trainers shout things to their pokemon that could turn the tide of battle. For example, encouragement could temporarily boost stats including evasion while discouragement has the opposite effect and the pokemon might ignore orders or miss.
It's a good idea, but I think it should be left out of competitive and online. Of course, if it is in online, I have no problem with it...

Sounds like a potential improvement on Pokemon-Amie, assuming that even comes back. In that case, all they need to do is remove the features from wifi battles like they do with amie.

The GameCube games did this, to a frustratingly limited effect. It'd be cool to see that feature crop up in a main series game in an expanded form, although I do echo the sentiments of pretty much everyone else that it should not be carried over into competitive battles.

Imagine you encourage and in the same time your oponent lands a mass of hits. But who knows, maybe some kind of it could work.

OK, I just have to get this out of my system. I've been unhealthily obsessed with this concept since Mega Mewtwo and Mega Rayquaza made their debuts, leading to Arceus losing its status as Pokegod (strongest) among other Pokemon. One of my wish is that they change the forme change mechanic of Arceus, giving it the ability to freely switch between its plates every turn to match the anime. Do you guys think this is too OP? Would it be more OP thank Mega Rayquaza? I also wish the same thing for Deoxys by the way.

pokemon based on:
-Vikings
-Kapu Kuʻialua; Kuʻialua; or just Lua
- skeletons
-Voodoo themet pokemon, a doll, zombie
- comodo dragon
-bug/dark
-bug/psychic
-uniq and rare typings used on more lines of pokemon.
-more alien and cosmic themed pokemon
- more unused kinds of animals and obejects
- more diffrent typed rodents, birds, cats, dogs, lizards, spiders
- more use of diffrent world folklore, myths(Greek , egiptian, european , asian and so on) and legends.
-vampire , werewolf, banshee, hellhound,frankenstein, mummy, swamp thing/beast,
- time traveler/manipulation theme based moves, abilities and pokemon. (clocks)

Amaze me, sent me a hale of shivers down my spine

OK, I just have to get this out of my system. I've been unhealthily obsessed with this concept since Mega Mewtwo and Mega Rayquaza made their debuts, leading to Arceus losing its status as Pokegod (strongest) among other Pokemon. One of my wish is that they change the forme change mechanic of Arceus, giving it the ability to freely switch between its plates every turn to match the anime. Do you guys think this is too OP? Would it be more OP thank Mega Rayquaza? I also wish the same thing for Deoxys by the way.

Arceus would rather need a ability that makes it always reverse-adjust it's type to that of it's oponent
(if oponent is fighting , itself becomes ghost). Would make perfect sense.
a (mega) Deoxys would need only Stance Change, that differs by attacks, defense oriented moves and priority moves.

Last edited:
I'd like to see trainer customization return with more options for both male and female trainers. I don't think that it would be a huge deal breaker if they got rid of that feature, especially if the designs for the new trainers were good, but I would be disappointed. I liked the option more than I thought I would and it definitely helped to be more immersed into the games. Just throw in more clothes options for both trainers and maybe a few more options for hair/accessories like glasses and I'd be fine with it.

Pokemon Amie, Super Training and the Dex Navi all returning. I'm pretty sure that at least Pokemon Amie and Super Training will come back given that they put a lot of work with the 3D Pokemon models and Sun/Moon are still for the 3DS. Having a couple of new games or three brand new games replacing the ones we have would be fine. Dex Navi would really be helpful with looking for a specific Pokemon. I could live with that feature being gone more than the other two, but I really want all three to be featured.

Pokemon Contests to come back. This is admittedly more so that the next anime series has something for the female lead to do instead of making up something awfully boring like Pokemon Showcases again, but I did have fun playing through updated Contests in OR/AS too. If they want something new, just please make it some good sidequest option that the anime can use for the next female lead.

Better rivals would be nice. The rivals in X/Y were so completely bland. I don't mind friendly rivals, but those rivals were done so poorly and I still question why Tierno was even included in the game in the first place. B/W had a better way of handling friendly rivals. Bianca and Cheren were your friends, but they still had fleshed out personalities, interesting storylines and good development, especially with Bianca in my opinion. I could go with either the return of jerk/antagonistic rivals or friendly rivals as long as they are interesting characters.

In the same vein, a more interesting evil team would be good. Team Flare was pretty boring and by the time they started to get more interesting, it was way too late. Not to mention I'm still upset that they didn't have Malva more involved in the storyline. People are upset over Zygarde supposedly being tossed aside in favor of a new generation, while I'm here just thinking of how much potential was thrown down the tubes with Malva's connection to the Team Flare only being revealed before battling her. An evil team with a more interesting goal, or at least with admins and a leader with more interesting personality traits, would be good. Malva being either the leader or admin of a new team would be great.

I want the games to pose more of a challenge, at least by the later stages of the games. Grunts shouldn't have any less than three Pokemon during the climax, admins should have at least three or four Pokemon on them and the Elite 4 should have at least five Pokemon when you first challenge them, if not a full team. It gets really boring the battle grunts and admins with just one or two Pokemon during the final climax. The later Gym leaders having more Pokemon would be nice too. I generally want them to find a good balance between making the game easy enough for new players, as I do think that making the games work for first time players is a good mindset to have, but also not too easy to where it's too much of a cakewalk for long time players. Or just have the easy and hard modes available right from the start instead of having the Key nonsense from B2/W2

A good storyline would definitely be welcomed. As much as I enjoyed X/Y, the storyline, as well as characters for that matter, were too lackluster for me. Something along the lines of what B/W had would be good or at least something that's good, engaging and has good characters to go with it.

In terms of the Pokemon themselves, I'd like to see around one hundred new Pokemon. I wouldn't be too upset if the generation was small like what we got for the sixth generation, especially if the designs are going to be good, but something around ninety to hundred would work nicely for me. Around thirty Mega Pokemon on top of that would be nice. Please include Mega Flygon.

I definitely want to see large post-storyline content. Something like the Battle Zone in Platinum would be neat. Another Battle Frontier would be cool. I'd absolutely love the return of something like White Treehallow and Black Tower. Battling in them was the best way to level grind. I'd also be fine with a return trip to Kalos, but that isn't a huge point for me. Honestly, I'd be okay if they didn't include Zygarde in a post-storyline event or followed up on X/Y in Sun/Moon. It would be disappointing when X/Y was lackluster, but I don't want to force the expectation that Sun/Moon have to stand on their own and resolve points from X/Y. If they can do both, that's great, but if they can only do one, I'd prefer having the games stand on their own. Granted, the chances of that are pretty slim when I'm sure that they'll do something about the Zygarde forms and perhaps the whole Ash Greninja thing. Even if we don't go to Kalos, bringing over Kalos Pokemon and characters to a new region could be easier to manage, but unlike a lot of other people, it's really not a huge deal to me.

I'd like to see trainer customization return with more options for both male and female trainers. I don't think that it would be a huge deal breaker if they got rid of that feature, especially if the designs for the new trainers were good, but I would be disappointed. I liked the option more than I thought I would and it definitely helped to be more immersed into the games. Just throw in more clothes options for both trainers and maybe a few more options for hair/accessories like glasses and I'd be fine with it.

Pokemon Amie, Super Training and the Dex Navi all returning. I'm pretty sure that at least Pokemon Amie and Super Training will come back given that they put a lot of work with the 3D Pokemon models and Sun/Moon are still for the 3DS. Having a couple of new games or three brand new games replacing the ones we have would be fine. Dex Navi would really be helpful with looking for a specific Pokemon. I could live with that feature being gone more than the other two, but I really want all three to be featured.

Pokemon Contests to come back. This is admittedly more so that the next anime series has something for the female lead to do instead of making up something awfully boring like Pokemon Showcases again, but I did have fun playing through updated Contests in OR/AS too. If they want something new, just please make it some good sidequest option that the anime can use for the next female lead.

Better rivals would be nice. The rivals in X/Y were so completely bland. I don't mind friendly rivals, but those rivals were done so poorly and I still question why Tierno was even included in the game in the first place. B/W had a better way of handling friendly rivals. Bianca and Cheren were your friends, but they still had fleshed out personalities, interesting storylines and good development, especially with Bianca in my opinion. I could go with either the return of jerk/antagonistic rivals or friendly rivals as long as they are interesting characters.

In the same vein, a more interesting evil team would be good. Team Flare was pretty boring and by the time they started to get more interesting, it was way too late. Not to mention I'm still upset that they didn't have Malva more involved in the storyline. People are upset over Zygarde supposedly being tossed aside in favor of a new generation, while I'm here just thinking of how much potential was thrown down the tubes with Malva's connection to the Team Flare only being revealed before battling her. An evil team with a more interesting goal, or at least with admins and a leader with more interesting personality traits, would be good. Malva being either the leader or admin of a new team would be great.

I want the games to pose more of a challenge, at least by the later stages of the games. Grunts shouldn't have any less than three Pokemon during the climax, admins should have at least three or four Pokemon on them and the Elite 4 should have at least five Pokemon when you first challenge them, if not a full team. It gets really boring the battle grunts and admins with just one or two Pokemon during the final climax. The later Gym leaders having more Pokemon would be nice too. I generally want them to find a good balance between making the game easy enough for new players, as I do think that making the games work for first time players is a good mindset to have, but also not too easy to where it's too much of a cakewalk for long time players. Or just have the easy and hard modes available right from the start instead of having the Key nonsense from B2/W2

A good storyline would definitely be welcomed. As much as I enjoyed X/Y, the storyline, as well as characters for that matter, were too lackluster for me. Something along the lines of what B/W had would be good or at least something that's good, engaging and has good characters to go with it.

In terms of the Pokemon themselves, I'd like to see around one hundred new Pokemon. I wouldn't be too upset if the generation was small like what we got for the sixth generation, especially if the designs are going to be good, but something around ninety to hundred would work nicely for me. Around thirty Mega Pokemon on top of that would be nice. Please include Mega Flygon.

I definitely want to see large post-storyline content. Something like the Battle Zone in Platinum would be neat. Another Battle Frontier would be cool. I'd absolutely love the return of something like White Treehallow and Black Tower. Battling in them was the best way to level grind. I'd also be fine with a return trip to Kalos, but that isn't a huge point for me. Honestly, I'd be okay if they didn't include Zygarde in a post-storyline event or followed up on X/Y in Sun/Moon. It would be disappointing when X/Y was lackluster, but I don't want to force the expectation that Sun/Moon have to stand on their own and resolve points from X/Y. If they can do both, that's great, but if they can only do one, I'd prefer having the games stand on their own. Granted, the chances of that are pretty slim when I'm sure that they'll do something about the Zygarde forms and perhaps the whole Ash Greninja thing. Even if we don't go to Kalos, bringing over Kalos Pokemon and characters to a new region could be easier to manage, but unlike a lot of other people, it's really not a huge deal to me.

I will be disappointed if Gen 7 doesn't expand on Gen 6 in some way but otherwise I agree with all of this.

I will be disappointed if Gen 7 doesn't expand on Gen 6 in some way but otherwise I agree with all of this.

I'm sure that there will be some kind of expansion, but it's just not a huge priority for me compared to other fans. I can definitely understand why other people would want it more and I'm still not against it. I just think Sun/Moon standing out as their own games, fleshing out their own characters and telling their own hopefully good story is more of a priority for me by comparison.

I forgot another couple of hopes. I really want more Fairy type combinations. I wanted to see that with new Fairy Pokemon in the sixth generation instead of just retyped older Pokemon. More Fairy Pokemon with unique combinations would be nice. More physical type moves for Fairy Pokemon would be great too.

I'd also like a Dark type Gym. Since every other type has had its own Gym, including Fairy types, it seems only fair for a Dark type Gym to happen.

I would like for them to continue the trend of non-Dragon type Legendary Pokemon being the main focus. While I do like Dragon type Pokemon, it was refreshing to have some important non-Dragon type Legendary Pokemon in X/Y, so something like that would be nice.

I am not goingto say I do or don't want friendly rivals, but if we do get them I hope we get to travel together with them. At the start of xy they had this cool dynamic where they would be on the same route as you and you could interact with them as if you were traveling as a group, like in the anime, but once more areas open up they go off on their own and only meet up with you at specific points in the story, just like in all the other games. I know it could get annoying if they are everywhere you go, even if you are just grinding, but I wish they would keep that group dynamic through most areas you have to go for the story, and I wish you could call them to your current location and have them interact in ways specific to the area such as commenting on landmarks or talking about pokemon in the area. Would be really cool if friends could contribute by doing things like indicating where hidden items are or having some of their pokemon learn hm moves so you don't need a hm slave or having a chance that they will jump in and save you if you are losing a battle.

to make it easier to share with everyone let's put a TOP 5 FEATURES that we HOPE in the new games!
I will make a list of ideas, please add more or choose your favourite 5!!

OLD FEATURES
- pokemon which follows you
- character costumization + boutiques
- poke nav
- PSS
- GTS inproves
- poke amie
- new region
- second region
- DIFFICULTY LEVEL
- seasons
- pokemon at night and day
- new pokemon type
- hordes
- pokemon contest

RUMORS
- PSS offline:
- pokemon costumization
- new eeveevolution (steel/poison)
- new mega evolutions
- battle frontier

Dark Type Gym. The amount of people crying out for this to happen is crazy, and if GF does not implement it, they are going to have a huge problem on their hands
Pretty sure they will not. Money, yes - problem, not really.
Look, I get why so many people want this to happen... But it's pretty obvious that, for whatever reason, Game Freak has long established Dark as a non-Gym type. Asking for a Dark-type Gym is kinda like asking for the abandonment of Pikaclones or the introduction of multiple save states. Which is to say, yes, you can ask for it, you can want it - but let's be real, this is highly unlikely.
Besides, if Dark-type is too awesome for even Gym Leaders to handle, why would you want to change that?

Female Leader of Evil Team. FEMMINISM PEOPLE
Wait, what? Women have the right to be idiots in pursuit of global domination via highly improbable and dangerous means too! They can be evil and cruel and ruthless just as well as men can! Female Champions, professors, good rivals - I get. Asking for a female Team Whatever leader is not feminism, it's a regular old wanting-something-new. Valid, sure, but let's not bring feminism into this.

Something I'd love to happen is changes that take the competitive focus away from the Speed stat, at least a little. I have no idea how they could do that without changing the entire battle system (let's not be rash), but as things are now, Speed is pretty much the be-all end-all stat. The few slower Pokémon must have some amazing type combos, coverage, Abilities and be really well off in the other stats. Even Trick Room is pretty shaky of a strategy (it doesn't last very long, Taunt exists and why does priority still work under Trick Room, this pisses me off so much) and the "dead zone" Speed Pokémon that can neither fit TR teams nor match the fastest are pretty much doomed to obscurity.

Just remembered something, I want a way to tell people trading with you what you want without having to name your Pokemon "this pokemon plz" " yes/no" the way it was in gen 5 maybe but maybe the ability to put re written messages on screen like the name of a poke.on yes and no as well as shiny and super trained

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom