• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Hopes for Ultra Sun & Moon

- Stab Steel type moves for Togedemaru
- Access to the Golf course
- Access to the Geothermal Power Plant
- A possible trip to Poni's early area earlier in the game so I can actually bother using Vikavolt and the likes
- No more Ledyba's in the early routes
- Maybe switch up the routes Pokemon a lot this time, like give us some slightly rarer Pokemon earlier on an encounter basis of like 5%

They really need to retcon the evolution levels for several Unovian Pokemon. It made partial sense in their debuting regions, but later games have shown different level curves and now, waiting until level 54 to evolve a Rufflet you can catch at the beginning of the game is ridiculous.

Im hoping for more dancing and sound(singing) moves.
+liquid voice could work like dancer and copy oponents sound moves not only change the type of its own.

Move Tutors, a National Pokedex, and the ability to catch legendary Pokemon from previous generations are all a must. If these aren't in USUM, then this will be the first sequel to not include these things since their introductions.

Another thing-high tier held items that disappear after use...should not disappear. We should be able to use a Focus Sash, Eject Button, Absorb Bulb, Weakness Policy and the like in-game without having to worry about it disappearing forever. They can simply have it be like WiFi and facility battles where the held items are restored at the end of the match and only allowed one use per match.

Another thing-high tier held items that disappear after use...should not disappear. We should be able to use a Focus Sash, Eject Button, Absorb Bulb, Weakness Policy and the like in-game without having to worry about it disappearing forever. They can simply have it be like WiFi and facility battles where the held items are restored at the end of the match and only allowed one use per match.
I imagine that could be difficult to code for only some items and not others. Since allowing it for all would also result in one Berry being good forever.

a regular Abomasnow with Grassy Surge? and then mega with Snow Warning?

- Sturdy Incineroar,
- Long Reach should not activate reflect and Counter
- Primarinas Sparkling aria should heal herself prom status conditions when used during battles.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned something like this this, but I'm hoping for a long aftergame, similar to BW2's. In that game, when you'd finally finish most of what the aftergame has to offer, your Pokemon's levels would reach into the high 70s or 80s. To me, it felt very rewarding to naturally have my Pokemon grow strong like that.

Thankfully, the newest trailers seem promising in this regard with Ultra Space to explore and if you pay close attention, in the battle against UB Burst, the Trainer's Metagross is at level 71. If that is an indication of how our Pokemon's levels might look like when getting to the point of battling UB Burst, my hopes could come true.

Intimidate is MUCH better.

water, rock, fighting and ground type pokes and moves Say hello, and it has low speed in comparance to other starters, espeially against fire/fighting ones.
+ it would be a good option against Z-moves.
I would like a second ability option for him.
+would make him a better fire/dark starter pokemon.

a "Cloud nine" ability for the terrains.

better signature Z-Forrest Curse and Z-Trick-or-treat for our grass/ghost types.

grassy terrain should mean better Harvest? or not? more fruits, better activation?

More special versions of Quick Attack.
and more versions First impression.

Ice and ground hopefully.

water, rock, fighting and ground type pokes and moves Say hello, and it has low speed in comparance to other starters, espeially against fire/fighting ones.
+ it would be a good option against Z-moves.
I would like a second ability option for him.
+would make him a better fire/dark starter pokemon.

No. These Pokemon typically do not OHKO Incineroar. It has enough defences. Intimidate can be used MUCH more. And the only overused Fire Fighting is Blaziken, who you shouldn’t be sending Incineroar to battle against.

Intimidate makes Incineroar a better bulky Fire/Dark than Sturdy. Sturdy is useless for Incineroar since it is quite bulky.

No. These Pokemon typically do not OHKO Incineroar. It has enough defences. Intimidate can be used MUCH more. And the only overused Fire Fighting is Blaziken, who you shouldn’t be sending Incineroar to battle against.

Intimidate makes Incineroar a better bulky Fire/Dark than Sturdy. Sturdy is useless for Incineroar since it is quite bulky.

why not? we would get a good Pheromosa and Buzzwoll counter.

why useless? taking Z-moves and other things?

why not? we would get a good Pheromosa and Buzzwoll counter.

why useless? taking Z-moves and other things?

Offensive Z-Moves are not commonly used. And Sturdy Incineroar wouldn’t be a Pheromosa counter ever. He's too slow and would get KOed after Sturdy kicks in.

It’s a fact that Intimidate works for Incineroar much more than Sturdy can ever hope to.
Sturdy is an ability for Pokemon with either low defences or many weaknesses (or both) but Incineroar has neither. When intimidate Incineroar becomes legal it will be viable, boosting Incineroar's bulk against physical attackers even more.

Incineroar dosen’t need to be a Buzzwole/Pheromosa counter when it has MUCH better options.

It would be cool if we encountered the Ultra Beasts during the main story and Zygarde came in to protect us when we’re down to our last Pokémon facing off against them.

A much much more likely scenario to occur that I’d also like is for Necrozma to try and sabotage us throughout our journey. If it sees us as a threat early on, it would justify the Ultra Recon Squad being interested in the player. Heck, either of my two ideal scenarios would be enough to draw the attention of the URS.

In fact, things would be even better if we initially got wrapped up in a Zygarde vs Necrozma scenario, but I doubt that will happen at this point.

It would be cool if we encountered the Ultra Beasts during the main story and Zygarde came in to protect us when we’re down to our last Pokémon facing off against them.
While your idea does sound cool at the surface, it kinda feels a bit impractical to me for a game the more I think about it. I mean, Zygarde helping us out whenever we are on our last leg against an UB... I don't know, somehow that doesn't appeal to me so much and seems random to me.

That in no way, however, is to say that your idea is irrational. As a matter of fact, it would be brilliant if the idea or some similarity was adopted into the anime (which I hope, does eventually happen), but from a game perspective, eh... I had rather be taking out a threat to the world with my very own Pokémon if possible, thank you.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom